System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

My only beef with the SODs is that they snag way too easily.  Every single pair of SODs I own has at least one snag in 'em.

Yea thas the HUGE draw back with these shorts snaggin.

I never hated heavy mesh shorts at tha time but they were indestructable I have Puma Authentic Kings away shorts from 00-01 and they look brand new to this day.

Schools are ok cause they gettin fresh unis whenever they needem man I cant even imagine some twills after me divein for a loose ball.

Peace
Scottie

No kidding on the snags. I literally pulled them out of the baggie and I noticed a very tiny snag on my shorts. Its not a big deal but I can only imagine what will happen after I start washing them

Originally Posted by vcshoxj6

Originally Posted by Steinbeckballa

rt3hxv.jpg

im 5'9 160..looks normal to me...
that does look normal. You are not folding the waistband right? Anyway maybe Nike toned the length and baggyness of the new shorts compared the early versions of SOD?
Are you sure those are the Twill version ? . The UK logo look printed on to me , Replicas have printed on logos

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by vcshoxj6

Originally Posted by Steinbeckballa

rt3hxv.jpg

im 5'9 160..looks normal to me...
that does look normal. You are not folding the waistband right? Anyway maybe Nike toned the length and baggyness of the new shorts compared the early versions of SOD?
Are you sure those are the Twill version ? . The UK logo look printed on to me , Replicas have printed on logos
now that you mentioned if in the pic is the Replis then that would explain a lot in how those SODs are perfect for a 5'9 dude.

My only beef with the SODs is that they snag way too easily.  Every single pair of SODs I own has at least one snag in 'em.

I agree but that happens with this and jerseys/shorts with that dri fit material.

Nevermind I found them. The sides of the shorts look like they have the new sparten logo and the waistband has the old one....

so basically, you cant buy authentic shorts unless you are tall OR are ok with shorts being halfway down your leg.

I miss the 90's when people could buy the stitched authentics, but they were made for normal sized people

Originally Posted by manamazing55

so basically, you cant buy authentic shorts unless you are tall OR are ok with shorts being halfway down your leg.

I miss the 90's when people could buy the stitched authentics, but they were made for normal sized people

I don't, it's about damn time basketball shorts were released to fit basketball players.

Every page in this thread is just about people whining about the shorts being too long or how they fit perfect.
laugh.gif

pkpouttu,

where did you find the new michigan state shorts? i gotta see some pics. on tv they reminded me of the early 2000's shorts.

The white ones are on niketown.com. I'm not sure if I will buy as people say they are almost see thru!

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Every page in this thread is just about people whining about the shorts being too long or how they fit perfect.
laugh.gif
QFT! btw my black (away alternates) Dukes are size large and pretty long too
laugh.gif
need to go down to a small next time.

You cant buy authentic shorts anymore. period. Its been at least 6-7 years since they were made available. The best we have now are there $60 twill shorts which are NOT authentic

The twill shorts SAY Authentic inside of them. This doesn't make them the AUTHENTIC Player issued shorts however. That's how people get so thrown off.

The twill shorts SAY Authentic inside of them. This doesn't make them the AUTHENTIC Player issued shorts however. That's how people get so thrown off.
maybe "something" is different, but ive held the twill ones in my hand, and ive looked at the Authentics that UNC players wear, and to the naked eye, there is NO difference whatsoever

Usually the Nike or Jordan logos are near the waistband on ours and near the bottom of the shorts on theirs

maybe "something" is different, but ive held the twill ones in my hand, and ive looked at the Authentics that UNC players wear, and to the naked eye, there is NO difference whatsoever

The difference is in the materials. The "twill" versions are not made with dri-fit, whereas the player-issued ones are. But youre probably right in that to the naked eye, they look the same. And I agree that the term "authentic" shouldnt be put in the twill shorts, because they arent

Mattapan03 wrote:

The difference is in the materials. The "twill" versions are not made with dri-fit, whereas the player-issued ones are. But youre probably right in that to the naked eye, they look the same. And I agree that the term "authentic" shouldnt be put in the twill shorts, because they arent

I agree with you which makes it even MORE dumb that they make them with 12inch inseams. I mean, if you are going to make them the players lengths, then make them authentic, and if you arent, give a reasonable length so normal fans can wear them

Originally Posted by Mattapan03

That was true moreso pre-SOD.  The biggest difference with the ones we can buy and the team-issued ones is the customized length, the rubber guard on the inside of the waistband and the material is the same front and back.  Yes the material is different but not that big of a deal to me.  I had a chance to spend quite a bit of $ on some UConn team-issued SODs and passed, the difference isn't big enough IMO to spend an additional $150+.

The UConn game shorts I have from the pre-SODs are amazing though, easily worth the money IMO.

Back
Top Bottom