System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

can you guys who have team issue shorts, post some pics and multiple views of inside the legs and compare them with the lining that is in the twills?

are they essentially the same shorts with rubberized waistbands, minus that thin polyester inner layer that the twills have?

loving the rubber waistband by the way, makes the shorts feel super secure at the waist.

andfattoo, this sounds ridiculous, but your confirmation on the fit of the twills and sod team issues, is such a relief to my ears. i was afraid i was going soft in my old age and couldn't rock the big shorts how they are made now. ha!

Originally Posted by JaORiDArN

I have two... one from D.Wiggs and the other from Rome. I think they are 32 and 36?

Ah, so that's why you msg'd me about the UConns!  Good stuff man.  Your's are prob 42 and 46, 32 and 36 are hella small for team issued stuff.

You wear those older navy ones to the Hartford Pro/Am over the summer?  I saw a kid wearing 'em in the stands and it caught my eye, think it was during one of Dyson's games too.

Originally Posted by Kid Andy

can you guys who have team issue shorts, post some pics and multiple views of inside the legs and compare them with the lining that is in the twills?

are they essentially the same shorts with rubberized waistbands, minus that thin polyester inner layer that the twills have?

loving the rubber waistband by the way, makes the shorts feel super secure at the waist.

andfattoo, this sounds ridiculous, but your confirmation on the fit of the twills and sod team issues, is such a relief to my ears. i was afraid i was going soft in my old age and couldn't rock the big shorts how they are made now. ha!

the game worn/team issued shorts are made of dri fit, not twill. that's probably the biggest fundamental difference.

the team shorts are much thicker and heavier construction than the twill shorts sold to the general public (with the glaring exception of the Hyper Elite uniforms).

all the game shorts i own have in inner liner that's also made of dri fit material.

osubass1,

i thought they had to be thicker, but some of these pics guys have are leaving a lot to the imagination.

i'm hoping someone does a side-by-side of the inside of the shorts.

now on the older replicas, pre-sod, like all the heat you keep posting from osu, i know those are thicker, with their double layer goodness! it's the smooth dri-fit inner right, on your osu shorts, not the dri-fit mesh inner?

these twills are taking me back to the old hooptech line that was pretty much game shorts minus the rubber waistband. the replicas were trash back then, pre-swingman stuff. my favorite hooptechs were the the same design as the old michigan state shorts. i've also got several of the old stanford design, raptors when they were with nike, and the pistons design.

Originally Posted by ehh

Originally Posted by JaORiDArN

I have two... one from D.Wiggs and the other from Rome. I think they are 32 and 36?

Ah, so that's why you msg'd me about the UConns!  Good stuff man.  Your's are prob 42 and 46, 32 and 36 are hella small for team issued stuff.

You wear those older navy ones to the Hartford Pro/Am over the summer?  I saw a kid wearing 'em in the stands and it caught my eye, think it was during one of Dyson's games too.
oops just checked... one is 36, one is 44, and the other is 44 also. I can post pictures if you'd like.

osubass1,

i thought they had to be thicker, but some of these pics guys have are leaving a lot to the imagination.

now on the older replicas, pre-sod, like all the heat you keep posting from osu, i know those are thicker, with their double layer goodness! it's the smooth dri-fit inner right, on your osu shorts, not the dri-fit mesh inner?
you are correct. they have the super silky dri fit inner lining.

you're also correct about the thickness. it's very difficult to tell in pictures, and if i had a better camera i would try posting a comparison. it's one of those things that you have to experience to really know the difference...
roll.gif

i have no idea if that made any sense to you, but in my head it makes perfect sense. haha
wink.gif

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I don't see the "advantage" the Hyperlite unis provide.
Its an advantage for Nike's pockets. 
CO-Sign.  I remember when people made a big deal about teams changing unis every 3 or 4 years.  Now a lot of teams are literally changing or tweaking EVERY year.

Here are some pics i took a while back and posted.  Ill take more if you want, but actually........ for the SOD shorts, the twills are thicker.  The twills have a double layer and the game shorts do not.  I thought it was backwards but actually it makes the shorts flow very nicely (since they are big in the first place).  Like OSUBass said, its really hard to tell the difference through pics, but will try my best if you want me to.

2b335dabef77732fa656415e072cd3e71e38364.jpg

da835bbfe60c70e6a7a74b750e2a70e7fd1df28.jpg

92d3582de62071dbabc8449e0e7a87d3d9fd85c.jpg

e22159e77cae4e06ebb7f39e1cc2fb9a43467dd.jpg

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

353f5e9c18b7f82148499871659034bf-getty-95659155sd032_pac_10_basket.jpg

Eastbay, any info on these yet?
Unfortunately, after speaking with my contact, it appears thatwe will not be receiving the "Washington Huskies" shorts and/or jersey in the Black/Purple/White at this time.

EastbayRep - Paul

I only have a couple SOD game shorts. But i had alot of twills and still have quite a few.

Had:
Maryland(Red ones and the Yellow ones)
Florida(black gator print and the blue most recent ones)
Usa(the most recent white ones)
Oklahoma(the first Crimson ones)
Syracuse(Oranges)
Arizona(white ones and red ones)

Still have:
Gtown(The first grey ones)
Arizona(Navy's)
Ohio State(Reds)
West Virginia(Whites)
Villanova(whites)
Kansas St(Blacks)
USC(First Crimsons)
Kentucky(Blues)

I think thats about it.

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

Eastbay always has the white syracuse ones on back order. Anyone have those?
Just letting you guys/gals know, we just received our shipment in for the Nike Twill Shorts - Men's in White - Syracuse (17410555). 

Originally Posted by Mattapan03

Kind of a side note here, but does the Marquette Twill jersey on Eastbay have the Jordan logo on it? The sample pic shows converse. I'm totally confused
The Nike Twill Jersey - Men's in Light Blue - Marquette (17702932) does have the Converse logo on it.  Below are the pictures I received from my contact that checked on the jersey in our warehouse:

dc2361b85907217d0d384c84715f2e4a340d18c9.jpg
ce726ea5362af05540970e20584eec4dc652f5ec.jpg

EastbayRep - Ray

I'm still looking for replicas of the new Texas shorts. I have the authentics, but they are just way too long for me. NDC has the replicas of Cuse and a couple other schools but I can't find Texas' anywhere.

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

Eastbay always has the white syracuse ones on back order. Anyone have those?
Just letting you guys/gals know, we just received our shipment in for the Nike Twill Shorts - Men's in White - Syracuse (17410555). 

Kind of a side note here, but does the Marquette Twill jersey on Eastbay have the Jordan logo on it? The sample pic shows converse. I'm totally confused
The Nike Twill Jersey - Men's in Light Blue - Marquette (17702932) does have the Converse logo on it.  Below are the pictures I received from my contact that checked on the jersey in our warehouse:

dc2361b85907217d0d384c84715f2e4a340d18c9.jpg
ce726ea5362af05540970e20584eec4dc652f5ec.jpg

EastbayRep - Ray

Thanks for getting back to us Ray. Why would they advertise it as being a Nike jersey when it still says Converse?
eyes.gif

I guess I'll have to wait till next year

Thanks for getting back to us Ray. Why would they advertise it as being a Nike jersey when it still says Converse?
eyes.gif

I guess I'll have to wait till next year
I am not exactly sure, so I have sent an e-mail to someone to see if they can answer this question.  Once I receive a reply back, I will let you know what I find out.

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by osubass1

osubass1,

you're also correct about the thickness. it's very difficult to tell in pictures, and if i had a better camera i would try posting a comparison. it's one of those things that you have to experience to really know the difference...
roll.gif

i have no idea if that made any sense to you, but in my head it makes perfect sense. haha
wink.gif

osubass1,

that made total sense. i love the double layer goodness from years back. my shorts grails are the kansas shorts from hinrich's time that were made out of dri-fit and double layered, just like the osu shorts you've posted pics of. that silky dri-fit lining is unbeatable!!

andfattoo,

i'd love to see more detailed pics of the inside of those arizona aways, especially the inside. i saw the pics that you had posted and now reposted, i love those shots. makes me want to pull the trigger and charge a pair on ebay when they pop up. i lived in flag for two years in grad school and am a big cats supporter, if you can hook it up, let me know!!

i guess the question i'm trying to answer is how similar are the team issued sod' to a pair of retail sod's with the thin polyester lining cut out. obviously minus the rubber waistband.

not that they compare, but i have a pair of nike dri-fit authentic mavs shorts and i had a pair of team issue blazers shorts, and the only difference, was the team shorts had a better rubber waistband and no embroidered nba logo.

do you guys think the relationship with the team and retail sod's is the same as that?

^^^ Jeff- They have? Been lookin for them but havent seen anything. Saw the twill shorts on Nike but not the hyperelite ones.

Originally Posted by thethrill909

^^^ Jeff- They have? Been lookin for them but havent seen anything. Saw the twill shorts on Nike but not the hyperelite ones.
Not sure what the difference is.  I bought the $60 ones from the university co-op and they are paper thin.  

Originally Posted by osubass1

osubass1,

roll.gif

wink.gif

osubass1,

that made total sense. i love the double layer goodness from years back. my shorts grails are the kansas shorts from hinrich's time that were made out of dri-fit and double layered, just like the osu shorts you've posted pics of. that silky dri-fit lining is unbeatable!!

andfattoo,

i'd love to see more detailed pics of the inside of those arizona aways, especially the inside. i saw the pics that you had posted and now reposted, i love those shots. makes me want to pull the trigger and charge a pair on ebay when they pop up. i lived in flag for two years in grad school and am a big cats supporter, if you can hook it up, let me know!!

i guess the question i'm trying to answer is how similar are the team issued sod' to a pair of retail sod's with the thin polyester lining cut out. obviously minus the rubber waistband.

not that they compare, but i have a pair of nike dri-fit authentic mavs shorts and i had a pair of team issue blazers shorts, and the only difference, was the team shorts had a better rubber waistband and no embroidered nba logo.

do you guys think the relationship with the team and retail sod's is the same as that?
I described the relationship a page back.

Back
Top Bottom