System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

Balled in the Xaviers for the for the first time (and first time in any HE), sweat completely through them after two games.  Kinda gross, gimme the SOD or old fashion Nikes.

Originally Posted by ehh

Balled in the Xaviers for the for the first time (and first time in any HE), sweat completely through them after two games.  Kinda gross, gimme the SOD or old fashion Nikes.

lol, you must be going all out!
what do you wear under? pause...
just asking, i wear nike dri fit compression shorts under all my bball shorts when im hooping and never have no sweat bleeding through to my bball shorts. nice and dry!

i wear compression shorts under mines...still see sweat all in the back of my shorts...at least my gray k state ones. you would think they would have made them dri fit like everything else tehy promoting right now

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by ehh

lol, you must be going all out!
what do you wear under? pause...
just asking, i wear nike dri fit compression shorts under all my bball shorts when im hooping and never have no sweat bleeding through to my bball shorts. nice and dry!

The padded Nike compression shorts mostly, sometimes the regular ones. Just look at UK last night, Terrance Jones sweat through almost his entire jersey/shorts.

I don't understand why the UNC hyperelites don't have the ncaa patch. thats something that I want on there, otherwise there is no need to replace my SODs

Originally Posted by ehh

Originally Posted by Mattapan03

I have to say that my verdict is in on SOD vs Hyperelite shorts and I definetly prefer the SOD versions. I bought a hyperelite to try it out and it just feels cheap and flimsy. I didnt want to pass judgement without having tried a pair, but for me it's SOD all the way. I gave the hyperelite pair to my brother.

c/s for the most part but Nike did hit a few HEs out of the park.  Really like the Gtown, Cuse and Duke ones.  Nike needs to bring back the real waistbands from back in the day like they have with the Hoya & Cuse Hyperelites.  The waistbands were probably my biggest complaints with the SODs (both twill and team-issued).  Those few I mentioned don't feel as cheap as most of the other models.  It was funny when I was in the 57th St Niketown the other week and they had a bunch of shorts on display and you could see a big difference IMO between the Cuse & Duke HEs compared to the UConn ones.

The biggest problem I have with the HEs is that they feel cheap as you said and a lot of the designs are way too plain and this is coming from someone who generally loves simple, classic uniforms.  The duds are MAJOR duds when it comes to the Hyperelites IMO.  UConn, Michigan State, Texas, Pitt and WVU are some of the HEs that I think are absolutely terrible.

Anyway, when it comes to twills it's SOD > HE easily for me.  I mentioned it earlier in the thread but the HEs simply do not feel like $60 shorts to me.

It will be interesting to see where Nike goes from here.  The SOD era was very short, I wonder if HE is the new standard for the next decade-plus.

Glad we agree. However, are the Georgetown shorts hyperelite? I know that Syracuse and Duke are, but I'm not sure if the Hoyas are as well. I thought they were still SOD. Anyone know? I dont own a pair

Maybe they are SOD, based on the collar of their jerseys it's not HE.  They do have the mesh panel on the side of the shorts, almost a precursor to HE.

Blue UNC SODs came in today, $30.  
pimp.gif
 Absolutely love 'em.

Updated collection, included the team-issued UConns since I sold the twills after acquiring the game used ones.  Two Tradition Defineds, one HE and the rest SOD.

I have let go of my stubborness, and i have embraced this new HyperElite material. It gets out the way of me playing ball, actually i forget im even wearing shorts. Job well done Nike.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

nice UK shorts shab,
I been thinking about getting a blue pair. how you like them?
I love them so far. They're light as hell and unlike the SOD shorts these don't feel like they'd have snags. The dotted checker pattern was a great touch.

anyone bought the Georgetown grey one ? I want to see pics before i pull my trigger on Eastbay. Thanks

just picked up two pairs of university of Washington black team issued. as well as pair of practice shorts. one SOD and one HE. I'll load the pics soon

where do you guys get game issued shorts from? i want some and i see tons of people on here get em

Originally Posted by lbfitted

where do you guys get game issued shorts from? i want some and i see tons of people on here get em

Ebay or off the people that have them. Or if your lucky, a connect at a university. 

Back
Top Bottom