System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

So are the Hyperlite shorts available for retail considered authentic as in game issue like the players wear?

no, i really doubt it. They havent had TRUE authentics for sell to the public since the 90s, even then they didnt have the same length as the game shorts.

the only time i've seen nike release gear that is player issue or game issue is the usa soccer jerseys. when the new shirt design comes out every year or two, they send all the shirts that didn't get used in matches to factory stores. i have the last two away shirts long and short sleeve player issue shirts.

how amazing would it be if when college teams got new uniforms, they sent the unused shorts off to outlet stores. talk about a dream situation.

from how it sounds, if the hyperlites are that thin, i wonder what could be that different between the player gear to the retail versions. besides better fabrics, the rubberized waist band, and maybe heat-welded seams? just speculating.

HOLY CRAP!

these are my first pair of SOD shorts...i picked up some UNC from the Concord Mills mall as was posted. thanks again for the heads up.
i do still own a pair of the first "authentics" back when they released a handful of teams in the 96ish...the old style Carolina shorts and then i have some from 2003 that were the first dri fit authentics released.
those used to be sized like pants. i have a 40, which would be like a XXL. they are actually too small for me now, but just barely. i took in to account everyone saying these ran long, but this is insanely huge.

i bought a L and XL to see the difference and then planned on returning whichever didnt work. i just may be returning both. they are ridiculously long. i am 6'1'' and i fold each pair down 2 or 3 times and there isnt enough room in the crotch.

not sure i am cut out for these bad boys.

i will say as well, these shorts are way different besides being huge and long, compared to my other UNC run from 03. these new ones are silky on the front but mesh in the entire backside. the old ones were all dri fit, including the light blue sides.

Originally Posted by Minarets

i am 6'1'' and i fold each pair down 2 or 3 times and there isnt enough room in the crotch.

not sure i am cut out for these bad boys.
They'll shrink a bit when you wash them.  I'm the same height as you, all of my SOD's are a L and length is perfect to me.

My issue with these real light shorts is if you have a white based color like the UNC ones which I own, is if you're not wearing white boxers you can see the color through the shorts.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

My issue with these real light shorts is if you have a white based color like the UNC ones which I own, is if you're not wearing white boxers you can see the color through the shorts.

Wait seriously?
laugh.gif

I was thinking of getting the white Uconns and white UK's.
Are all the new '10 shorts hyperlite material?

Have any of my DMV heads came across the old Maryland SOD's? Kinda salty I passed on them.

After getting the black aways last year I'll need some of these home whites
41dXrZHezzL.jpg

'CAUSE WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread will probably quiet down or the next 6-7 months, it was a good winter y'all though.  One of my favorite threads on NT.  

Hopefully Nike makes amends next winter, they slacked with the new SODs this year IMO.  Over the spring/summer y'all should feel free to post your collections to pass the time. 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by ehh

This thread will probably quiet down or the next 6-7 months, it was a good winter y'all though.  One of my favorite threads on NT.  

Hopefully Nike makes amends next winter, they slacked with the new SODs this year IMO.  Over the spring/summer y'all should feel free to post your collections to pass the time. 
happy.gif

Twas good. Great contributions from Andfattoo, Crazy EBW, osubass, and others.

oh yea...... hopefully thursday i will get a hot item in the mail....... ill post pics when i get them.

they are great in person............... too bad they are a tid too small or me.  Im probably gonna let them go.

570157e07bae430c4125e5b043fd886a2a6434c.jpg

2a435aade2d77d05abe94b310e7c9f8323afa00.jpg

94f35ae1ed6f7661ab174aeb01a4dce237ca5ce.jpg

7e0157eb73ac400d53214d6d654314272018aec.jpg

76535fc3e91e7815aa1a4b3f0fee1b75d2c6583.jpg

Man i'm mad you made me want some Soldier III's all of a sudden.
laugh.gif

I know you throwin them elite socks in there too to make me jealous.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
DOPE %+!@!

^uh.... random............ anyways Crazy....... dont sleep on the Solider III's they are quite comfy. Im going to try and get a couple more pairs at least before im done with them.

Back
Top Bottom