T.I. Ft Andre 3000-Sorry

Now I'm not saying Andre's verse is the verse of the year or anything but to those who are saying it's struggle bars and sucks and terribly overrated, what makes it suck?

I guess if we all just agreed to disagree, there'd be nothing to talk about. I think Dre's verse was the best part of the song. I don't think his verse was necessarily great, either.

Overall, the song is tight. But I can see myself forgetting I even heard it

The irony. Everytime this dude spits a verse 80% of the music forum calls it the verse of the year even when hes putting out his struggle bars and actually saying "bloopty bloo and bleepty bleep" on record. There is ZERO objectivity when it comes to this guys raps. No one cares that 9/10 if not 10/10 them suck, they let it ride becuase its 3 stacks.

inb4 what hes saying its so mindblowingly brilliant that it must be going over my head.

So Andre is doing songs with Rick Ross, Wayne, and TI....but he isn't on Big Boi's new project? 
mean.gif

There's GOT to be some type of conspiracy preventing Dre from dropping a solo joint.

Off topic, but do cats in this forum know about the addition of the Niketalk mobile site? I ask because it was discussed heavily in General but I don't know about the rest.

The irony. Everytime this dude spits a verse 80% of the music forum calls it the verse of the year even when hes putting out his struggle bars and actually saying "bloopty bloo and bleepty bleep" on record. There is ZERO objectivity when it comes to this guys raps. No one cares that 9/10 if not 10/10 them suck, they let it ride becuase its 3 stacks.

inb4 what hes saying its so mindblowingly brilliant that it must be going over my head.
I do, 16, The Real Her. All recent Andre 3000 verses, all trash from beginning to end. But this is merely my opinion

I do, 16, The Real Her. All recent Andre 3000 verses, all trash from beginning to end. But this is merely my opinion

yes it is, and only yours

it's not just fans, it's his peers (other rappers) praising his work

it's not even the words so much for me, it's the feeling of effortlessness on dres part that amazes me, it sounds super easy for him to walk in the booth and drop these verses

yes it is, and only yours

it's not just fans, it's his peers (other rappers) praising his work

it's not even the words so much for me, it's the feeling of effortlessness on dres part that amazes me, it sounds super easy for him to walk in the booth and drop these verses
Thats like saying it takes effort to come in last place.

Don't even acknowledge this dude anymore. That's unless you respect his opinion. Dude said the verse on Sixteen was wack. SMH.

where's the struggle at? point it out please.

Those aren't even in his top 10 verses out of his catalogue but you are saying that these:

..."But of course an assort-ment of tor-ches that scor-ches the skin, when they enter
Intru-ders, whose tutors did a lousy job
How's he god if he lets Lucifer let loose on us
That noose on us won't loosen up but loose enough to juice us up
Make us think we do so much and do it big
Like they don't let us win, I can't pretend
But I do admit it, it feel good when the hood pseudo-celebrate
Hence why every time we dine we eat until our belly aches
Then go grab the finest wine and drink it like we know which grape and which region it came from
As if we can name em, hint hint, it ain't um Welch's
Hell just fill three thousand more degrees cooler
Y'all can't measure my worth
But when you try, you'll need a ruler made by all the Greek gods
Because the odds have always been stacked against me when back's against the wall
I feel right at home, y'all sitting right at home
All Kelly green with envy while I'm jelly beans descending
Into the palm of a child, looks up at mama and smiles
With such a devilish grin, like "where the hell have you been"
She yelling that selling's a sin, well so is telling young men
That selling is a sin, if you don't offer new ways to win
A dolphin gon' shake his fin, regardless if he gets in
Or out of water, most important thing for him is to swim
And Flipper didn't hold his nose, so why shall I hold my tongue?
(I miss the days of old, when one could hold his girl on his arm)
And not set off these alarms, when cameras snap snap snap snap
Return fire, pa-pa-pa, pa, pa-pa, pa, pa, pa
They'll learn why, near privacy, so essential
They won't make no laws, I break their laws till they see out our window
I take the fall to make them all treat human kind more gentle
Forsake them all, I hate them all, don't like em don't pretend to
Yea something tells me, we ain't in Kansas anymore
All that **** that used to be cool ain't cool anymore
All the women you been pursuing, now they want more
And they deserve it all, don't settle for what ain't yours"

are struggle bars?!?! :wow: :smh:

Last edited:

Those aren't even in his top 10 verses out of his catalogue but you are saying that these:

..."But of course an assort-ment of tor-ches that scor-ches the skin, when they enter
Then go grab the finest wine and drink it like we know which grape and which region it came from
Because the odds have always been stacked against me when back's against the wall

imo yes they are. I listented to GFID a lot over the summer, and I will shwo you my playcounts in itunes. There is one song that may have 0 plays aor somethign close it because I cannot listen to that Andre300 verse. I just hit the next button

name a verse by a mainstream rapper you think is "good" then?
No problem. I don't have a problem with my musical taste going on trial here. JAY-Z Grammy family freestyle, JAY-ZsZ verses on flip flop rock and I do, people swore up and down that the verse on 16 was the best verse on the album but hovs 3 kings verse was better along both Triple Beam Dreams verses. This is a difficult question cause I could name hundreds of verses iI like, but I know the whole point will be to compare those to andre 3000 verses which iI don't think is the point. This shouldn't be about what other rappers are doing but rather about andre 3000 being terrible.
Don't even acknowledge this dude anymore. That's unless you respect his opinion. Dude said the verse on Sixteen was wack. SMH.
I'm not trying to start a problem in this thread, I've been adamant in saying that iI think this guy sucks in other threads and rather than just leaving it at that, iI listen to the stuff he puts out and give him a chance to wow me and he continuously fails to do so. If my presence in this thread is not welcomed by the majority jI will gladly leave cause I have little interest in andre 3000 and his doings I'm just here to defend my stance on what I've posted earlier.

Last edited:

imo yes they are. I listented to GFID a lot over the summer, and I will shwo you my playcounts in itunes. There is one song that may have 0 plays aor somethign close it because I cannot listen to that Andre300 verse. I just hit the next button

name a verse by a mainstream rapper you think is "good" then?
No problem. I don't have a problem with my musical taste going on trial here. JAY-Z Grammy family freestyle, JAY-ZsZ verses on flip flop rock and I do, people swore up and down that the verse on 16 was the best verse on the album but hovs 3 kings verse was better along both Triple Beam Dreams verses. This is a difficult question cause I could name hundreds of verses iI like, but I know the whole point will be to compare those to andre 3000 verses which iI don't think is the point. This shouldn't be about what other rappers are doing but rather about andre 3000 being terrible.
I'm not trying to start a problem in this thread, I've been adamant in saying that iI think this guy sucks in other threads and rather than just leaving it at that, iI listen to the stuff he puts out and give him a chance to wow me and he continuously fails to do so. If my presence in this thread is not welcomed by the majority jI will gladly leave cause I have little interest in andre 3000 and his doings I'm just here to defend my stance on what I've posted earlier.

Eh, different strokes I guess, but do you mainly have an issue with newer 3 stacks? or just him in general b/c Outkast (3K > Big Boi imo but both are excellent) is legendary.....maybe you just don't like his flow on these newer songs? B/c to me if you read or listen to his lines they are very well thought out and well layered and his delivery is :smokin although a little distinct

And "Sorry" has been getting heavily played on my ipod fwiw :lol:

Last edited:
Eh, different strokes I guess, but do you mainly have an issue with newer 3 stacks? or just him in general b/c Outkast (3K > Big Boi imo but both are excellent) is legendary.....maybe you just don't like his flow on these newer songs? B/c to me if you read or listen to his lines they are very well thought out and well layered and his delivery is
smokin.gif
although a little distinct

And "Sorry" has been getting heavily played on my ipod fwiw
laugh.gif
You could call it that. Like I said earlier, over the last four years he has done nothing but put out underwhelming and bad verses in my opinion.
Lmao Hov's 3 Kings verse was horrible, you coulda said Kendrick or something to sound a little more convincing
laugh.gif
exactly. I was bout to respond to dude but at this point I think he's just trolling.
Trolling you say... But I said this months ago....http://niketalk.com/t/500928/andre-3000-has-just-spit-the-verse-of-the-year  That thread sums up everything that I have been saying. The guy puts out a verse and it is immediately annointed verse of the year for no apparent reason.

Like I said I've been saying this for MONTHS about his attempts at rapping.
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoShotCha 

Struggle features. Righhhhtt..

YES.This dude has struggle bars all the time. I would really love to see someone come in here and laud this verse and call it lyrical genius or something equally crazy. Struggle bars is what it was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell 

According to the internet Andre 3000 is the greatest MC EVER. He is talented but I'll never understand the hype of his so called greatness.
Neither will I. I'm not even trying to say hes wack, cause he isnt, no one gets as far as he did while being wack, but the high amount of praise for him just seems like zombie mentality to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilluminated

my man rapped, sang, and played the guitar..
pimp.gif

OH? Is this supposed to be some crowning achievement? Drake does 2 out of those 3 things on a consistent basis and gets flamed to death by like 60% of NT. I will say that I dont know much about playing the guitar but there was nothing mind blowing about him doing it. Sounded mediocre to me, and with that said, when Lil Wayne started trying to learn how to play the thing what happened? He got flamed to death. Why is this guy getting a pass for these things and no one else isnt? This isnt directed at you personally, cause IDK if you rock with those two or not, its a general statement. 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Meech 

So we just gonna act like Nas wasn't on Triple beam dream?

That wasnt better than Hovs 3 kings either so yeah. Those two verses can have fun fighting for that #2 spot and below.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanShorts23 

Uh, I only love her if her eyes brown

Play this **** while you play around with my crown

King H-O, y'all should know by now

But if you don't know, uh

Oh, stuntin' to the max, I'm so wavy

Used to shop at TJ Maxx back in '83

and i love how people said "oooh , hov aint eem try"

this is your craft , your art

my knock on jay has never his lyrics ...it's his lack of passion.

you ever hear him talk about a woman? sound like a robot

And Andre 3000 sounds like hes putting his heart and soul into these verses? The dudes tone of voice is always the same, hes monotone. You singled out those bars because you thought they were wack I assume?

A dolphin gone shake his fin, regardless if he gets in

OH WORD?

Summer '88, or was it '89
Or was it winter-time
Ah, nevermind

What time was it Mr. 3K?
inb4 these bars just went over my head and theyre so dope that theyre breaking the fabric of time and space.

Last edited:
You guys gotta know that antidope hates on every rapper that people say is better then Hov. 3k & Nas, he starts saying "struggle bars" :smh:

You guys gotta know that antidope hates on every rapper that people say is better then Hov. 3k & Nas, he starts saying "struggle bars" :smh:
right. saying you don't like them...okay
but there is NO struggle in what that man 3K is doing.

Not surprised at all dude continues to bring Jay up at every opportunity. :lol:

This shouldn't be about what other rappers are doing but rather about andre 3000 being terrible.

This is where your just sounding crazy. Only verse he's put out the last few years that maybe you can say is terrible is The Real Her. Everything else has been pretty damn good especially the 16 verse. I wouldnt say its VOTY cuz that goes to Nas on Triple Beam Dreams. Ironically you sound just like a lot of people that say "Jay has been terrible lately" just to get a response from his fans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom