T.I. Ft Andre 3000-Sorry

This is just funny to me when people say they're struggle bars. I will give the naysayers the benefit of the doubt that yes people do take his verses and blow them up beyond proportion, but to say they're struggle bars is ridiculous. Anything out of Soulja Boy's mouth, now that's struggle bars. But Andre is sick 9 times out of 10. He's always on topic of what the song is about (unlike 95% of guest star verses), his verses make sense the whole way through, he changes his flow for what the beat calls for and he has great wordplay. If that's struggle bars then I must be missing something, especially when I see threads in here talking about the dopeness of the garbage that is Future's music.

You guys gotta know that antidope hates on every rapper that people say is better then Hov. 3k & Nas, he starts saying "struggle bars"
mean.gif
Oh look its this guy. First off who in their right mind would say Andre 3000 is better than JAY-Z? 3000
roll.gif
's to you sir. Second off there is no hate, my criticisms of Andre 3000 were well documented before the 3 Kings 16 comparison, see here. http://niketalk.com/t/322869/can-we-please-come-to-a-consensus-that-andre-3000-is-very-over-rated  The fact alone that struggle bars was used should be enough to let you know that I made that thread. In fact I think I've only used that phrase in reference to him so yea.
You guys gotta know that antidope hates on every rapper that people say is better then Hov. 3k & Nas, he starts saying "struggle bars"
mean.gif
right. saying you don't like them...okay
but there is NO struggle in what that man 3K is doing.
Thats difference of opinion I suppose. Like I said my mind is very open to change on this subject, I listen to all ther verses he puts waiting for him to wow me, and he always fails miserably.
Not surprised at all dude contiues to bring Jay up at every opportunity.
laugh.gif

This shouldn't be about what other rappers are doing but rather about andre 3000 being terrible.
This is where your just sounding crazy. Only verse he's put out the last few years that maybe you can say is terrible is The Real Her. Everything else has been pretty damn good especially the 16 verse. I wouldnt say its VOTY cuz that goes to Nas on Triple Beam Dreams. Ironically you sound just like a lot of people that say "Jay has been terrible lately" just to get a response from his fans.
They asked me to list good rap verses who else should I mention? Start at the top and then work your way down.

I've thought all his verses over the past 4 years or so have been terrible, I mean who remembers that Dueces verse? Goodness gracious.....

I preferred Rick Ross' verse on TBD to Nas' but thats another subject that I touched on in The Ross thread, but yes both verses are in fact better than 16.

I'm not saying this to get a reponse though I've been saying it for years and have been every time it comes out. I dont even start the arguments, I make a statement, people ask me to back it up, and then I do.

Son, I'm about as unbiased as they come and Jays verse on three kings was so lackluster. I'm sure Jay would even refer to that as one of his "discount verses". I've been listening to Jay long enough to know when he's actually trying, and that verse wasn't one. Not once did he switch his flow or add a complicated rhyme pattern (such as when he BODIED the beat on HAM "Nobody called the cops when my uncle bled/ so I feel like I'm collecting all my uncles bread" :smh: ). No breathtaking punchlines either. Jay was on there just so cats could say Jay is on there. And just for reference, "Clique" is an example of Jay giving a damn. HAM is Jay letting dudes know that he's still got venom in those fangs.

Back to Dre, his work is like abstract art. A lot of people think it's weird, but those that like it love it. He says some very strange stuff sometimes but it's fun for me to decipher the meaning, Ex: "Today I feel electric Grey, I hope tomorrows neon black" or "I woke up in Cairo looking at stars so bright in the sky I thought they were marbles, no car doors, what you call those, a whole car load of raw h-s". Dre is more of a philosopher then story teller. Jay is more of am entertainer: he presents what the people want to hear. Dre spits what he feels people need to know, and he puts his own twist on it so it'll be interesting. The way he twisted up the flow on sixteen was masterful. Anyone who calls themselves a hip hop fan should at least appreciate that. Sixteens beat is wack to me btw but Dre kinda salvaged it.

Last edited:
He never once spit "struggle bars" in his entire career. Even Deuces Remix. Read this & tell me its a reach, its not @ all really.

Andre 3000's "Deuces (Remix)" verse: Decoded

whole verse self-referential and somewhat self-deprecating. the relationship with the girl is itself a metaphor for how hard it is to write a verse on a song about a heavy subject. and also that fans expect him to be a Wayne type with crazy verses, when he is an artist from the heart. dre has also talked about how he only does verses when he has something to say, which is rare, and why he often goes for meta commentary like on the "walk it out" remix. and JIve records sucks.

and now for the over-analysis:

The farewell email from a female
but I'm a playa, ain't gon tell you all the details
what it entails is hard to say like "selling seashells
by the seashore," "warning: talking about this is going to be hard, like the tongue twister. so I'm gonna slow it down, be vague and have a wack flow"
but she's not a bore but neither a ***** he's not saying the verse is going to be boring, but he isn't going to drake/nicki it up with dumb punchlines either
but who needs to know more really, who does? falling for someone without being able to explain it.
I did things for her, aint rich aint poor
I wanted to do more but hell I just aint know her
well enough to know if this is was all she came for
but enough to know tonight excited she came four
times to my cousins house to see if I was there besides the "came" part
get ya minds out the gutter man
we out here tryna have a good time good clean fun; celebratory breakup song
and here I am, all heavy with the words where that dre is ruining with his depressive ****
somebody thats a nerd, likely fast forward
but **** they asked for it y'all wanted him on this ****** chris brown song, ain't his fault it's not like his other verses
it's hard to throw up them deuces cause when you know it's juicy
you start to sound like Confucius when making up excuses -- confucious big on ambiguous paradoxes
chase the Cabooses until the track gone caboose = ***. running after a train is pointless; can't catch it until the end of the track. dre's hopeless to explain the situation, and surprise, the song is almost over
I gotta find me a new locomotive stop making sad songs find a new chick/make songs that are easier to write raps for

INB4 STAN BLAH BLAH BLAH

*Re-listens to Deuces Remix*

Nah, strugglebars. But since it's 3K, they're less struggle than real struggle rappers (Wayne, Big Sean, 2Chainz, etc)

Dre spits five verses a year and cats got nerve to refer to them as struggle bars :lol: to me, that's for cats that drop three Mixtapes and an album in one fiscal year and they run out of material to rap about.

He never once spit "struggle bars" in his entire career. Even Deuces Remix. Read this & tell me its a reach, its not @ all really.

Andre 3000's "Deuces (Remix)" verse: Decoded

whole verse self-referential and somewhat self-deprecating. the relationship with the girl is itself a metaphor for how hard it is to write a verse on a song about a heavy subject. and also that fans expect him to be a Wayne type with crazy verses, when he is an artist from the heart. dre has also talked about how he only does verses when he has something to say, which is rare, and why he often goes for meta commentary like on the "walk it out" remix. and JIve records sucks.

and now for the over-analysis:

The farewell email from a female
but I'm a playa, ain't gon tell you all the details
what it entails is hard to say like "selling seashells
by the seashore," "warning: talking about this is going to be hard, like the tongue twister. so I'm gonna slow it down, be vague and have a wack flow"
but she's not a bore but neither a ***** he's not saying the verse is going to be boring, but he isn't going to drake/nicki it up with dumb punchlines either
but who needs to know more really, who does? falling for someone without being able to explain it.
I did things for her, aint rich aint poor
I wanted to do more but hell I just aint know her
well enough to know if this is was all she came for
but enough to know tonight excited she came four
times to my cousins house to see if I was there besides the "came" part
get ya minds out the gutter man
we out here tryna have a good time good clean fun; celebratory breakup song
and here I am, all heavy with the words where that dre is ruining with his depressive ****
somebody thats a nerd, likely fast forward
but **** they asked for it y'all wanted him on this ****** chris brown song, ain't his fault it's not like his other verses
it's hard to throw up them deuces cause when you know it's juicy
you start to sound like Confucius when making up excuses -- confucious big on ambiguous paradoxes
chase the Cabooses until the track gone caboose = ***. running after a train is pointless; can't catch it until the end of the track. dre's hopeless to explain the situation, and surprise, the song is almost over
I gotta find me a new locomotive stop making sad songs find a new chick/make songs that are easier to write raps for

INB4 STAN BLAH BLAH BLAH
I just read this, then went and listened to it, I am not impressed in anyway whatsoever. Not gonna call you a stan, thats what you guys do to me, I'm above that.
3K gave that work to 'The Real Her'
No sir, he did not.
Dre spits five verses a year and cats got nerve to refer to them as struggle bars
laugh.gif
to me, that's for cats that drop three Mixtapes and an album in one fiscal year and they run out of material to rap about.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. First and foremost, he raps so little that you guys try really hard to ignore the fact that the verses are trash just because youre glad to hear from him, and second off for someone who raps so little you would expect him to come with heat everytime to wow the people yet he doesnt.

Last edited:
Thats fine & dandy, but for you to call the verses trash, thats when I cant take you serious

Back on topic, I liked 3k's verse but Tip has been inconsistent since King in my opinion

Dude, he does Wow his fans. You just don't like him. There are a lot of popular rappers that I don't like (such as Nas) but I respect their craft and grind. If you think Dre is trash then just leave it at that. You're not going to convert me or any other fan to AntiDre-ism.

Dude, he does Wow his fans. You just don't like him. There are a lot of popular rappers that I don't like (such as Nas) but I respect their craft and grind. If you think Dre is trash then just leave it at that. You're not going to convert me or any other fan to AntiDre-ism.
I havent been trying too. Thats everyone else. People have been trying to admit that his verses arent trash and that he hasnt in fact been putting out bad stuff for four years. I wouldnt attempt that, I know that this thread is a me against the world thing

AntiDre-ism I see what you did there.

3k kills every beat he been on.. that's why they put him at the end of songs since no rapper can follow his verses

I think Andre 3K is dope & all but sometimes I really don't understand what dude be talking bout sometimes ....This verse was nice but dudes need to learn that just because we Criticize Andre 3K ***** ain't hating or nothing like that I personally feel like dudes over hype 3K before dudes listen to a song with 3K on it the they callin it "Classic" or "Verse of the Year" ...On the real some of 3K verses turn me off simply by the Weird vibe he gives off..IMO

Last edited:
I think Andre 3K is dope & all but sometimes I really don't understand what dude be talking bout sometimes ....This verse was nice but dudes need to learn that just because we Criticize Andre 3K ***** ain't hating or nothing like that I personally feel like dudes over hype 3K before dudes listen to a song with 3K on it the they callin it "Classic" or "Verse of the Year" ...On the real some of 3K verses turn me off simply by the Weird vibe he gives off..IMO

I can feel where your coming from, but straight up saying he's spitting "struggle bars" is just disrespectful IMO.

Struggle bars to me = Lil Reese, French Montana, Soulja Boy.

Back
Top Bottom