T-Mac still a second round virgin unappreciation post

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

and this is why he's not a hall of famer...

Him beasting in the playoffs?

real stuff

his career playoff stats: 28.5ppg, 6.8rpg, 6.2apg, 1.5spg, 1bpg. the only player that has those all-around #s right now currently playing: the man-childlebron james

those are legendary #s for the playoffs.

Originally Posted by belle155

does he have a better cast than the cavs? yao > Z, i just dont see how TMac makes any of his teammates better the way bron does.

yao is not playing. if you go by record (56-26) in the west (18-7) without yao, yes he's done a great job with what he has.

but lebron is in the east. he probably would have been bounced out of the first round and not even make it past game 5 v. any teams in the west.

He seems to really give it his all in playoff series'. His numbers have been great he just can't get over that hump. For a great player, its tough tosee. I wanna see him advance before his career is over.

Originally Posted by DMan14

^ he's never been on a team that was expected to come out of the first round.

i'll give him a pass this year with yao's injury. last year they should've handled their business on their home floor during gm7, but t-mac played a great game. you can't say other times he's been on the better team compared to their opponents.

t-mac isn't going to die a second rd. virgin...lol

off topic, but why doesn't a guy like carmelo get as much heat on them for not taking their team out of the first rd?

he's young, but he's also not on the level of tmac. what he should get heat for is how he hasn't even "come close" though. but i feelcarmelo will mature sooner or later. he does want to win though.

At this point, can we really be upset at him anymore? Dude just has really bad luck. He never saw himself in a situation where he could take advantage of.Either he is injured, or someone else who is integral to the offense gets injured.

I do agree with the person who said if the team doesn't get passed the first round next year, then its time to blow the team up.

He was up 3-1 against Detroit

Pops off at the mouth and lost.

That's one example of a wasted opportunity and it being on HIM.

Why Rockets fans will defend him to death I don't know.

I call it how it is. And he is not a winner, it's that simple.

Definitely unappreciated. This year was just too many things going against them. Having two starters out in this series to a already young and not-so-deepteam was not a good look.

I really believed they would advance after Game 5 however when it hit halftime, while i was happy they got back in the game, i thought to myself, if Tmac isshooting lights out and they're STILL down, that is DEFINITELY not a good sign.

Houston's future looks pretty bright though, imo cause they have a lot to be proud of with all the obstacles and injuries they went through. I mean ifthey can take a Jazz team to 6 games without their so called best player, things should be looking up for them.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Basically how I feel. NYC BUC, I know he's your boy and you can make excuses all day but the bottom line is when something happens this many timesit's not coincidence. He's had the talent around him to do it yet it hasn't happened. As far as I'm concerned there is something that heisn't doing right. He was up 3-1 against the Pistons...and couldn't close out. And it wasn't like he had straight bums on his squad. Excuses canstretch for miles but he's not a winner. Period.

he's young, but he's also not on the level of tmac.
roll.gif
Why is he not on McGrady's level?

The difference is, Melo is 4 years into his career. Tracy is 10+ into his. If Melo goes 10 years without advancing, you can bet the heat will turn up...

My only problem with this current Houston team is that it just feels like it's always going to be "Well, next year is the year!" Relying oninjury-prone stars like Yao and Tracy is just not something I'd put a ton of stock in if I were a fan. One of those two goes down for an extended period oftime EVERY SINGLE YEAR. How much longer can you hold onto the hope that both of them will stay healthy for an entire year?

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Basically how I feel. NYC BUC, I know he's your boy and you can make excuses all day but the bottom line is when something happens this many times it's not coincidence. He's had the talent around him to do it yet it hasn't happened. As far as I'm concerned there is something that he isn't doing right. He was up 3-1 against the Pistons...and couldn't close out. And it wasn't like he had straight bums on his squad. Excuses can stretch for miles but he's not a winner. Period.

can we name any more......
grin.gif
didnt think so he on a team that isntgreat in the west and somebody stay hurt.

and yall talkin about the cavs like they in the west coming out the 1st round
eyes.gif
the man puts up better numbers in the playoffs.
they played NO D in that last game theres no reason he puts up 40 and they lose by 20 i dont care what you say,they was having a bad shooting night so theydidnt play D.

eyes.gif
Are you saying he puts up better numbers than LeBron?

LeBron and Kobe have left the discussion of comparing anyone to them.

they was having a bad shooting night so they didnt play D.
laugh.gif
Yeah, since that makes sense...

Adelman: Hey guys, we're shooting the ball like crap, so I've got a plan to get uus back in this game... Let's just not play defense. That'llwork, I think.

Really? That's why the Jazz offense shredded them last night? Because the Rockets weren't shooting well on the other end?

Theres always next year.........or the year after. But hopefully he'll make it out of the 1st round before his career is over. It always sucks seeing himleaving the playoffs early.

This rockets team isn't bad.
I mean they had the 2nd longest win streak in NBA history right?

How are you going to blame them and not T-Mac.

I jus pray that both Mac and Yao can stay healthy @ least one whole season 2gether and also that they find that consistent third scorer

He should've won that series.

But, like I say in every thread, him not advancing to the second round is NOT a result of LACK of trying.

MJ ahead of him. AI ahead of him. Jerry West ahead of him.

That's it. Only those 3 players, in the history of the NBA, are putting up more PPG than T-Mac in the playoffs.

Now, I know it's a bit tarnished because he's never made it to the second round, but like Hubie said, when people talk about T-Mac, they talk about himnot advancing, or how many points he scores, but they never talk about the other things he does on the court.

He's not as explosive anymore due to injuries, even this series, on one shoulder, and a bum knee, he put up 25PPG. On top of that, he averaged 7 boardsand 7 assists, this series.
When he was up 3-1 in Orlando, he shoulda won.

Last year, he made the whole 'Put it on me' statement, because that was the FIRST time in his career, when he was on a team that was a favorite to winthe series. Homecourt and everything. Unfortunately, the Rockets lose in Game 7.

This series, it's pretty safe to say that the cards were stacked against him. His injuries, Yao's injury, Skip's injury the first two games, andlast night before halftime.

I know some people still point to the 22 winning streak without Yao, but, during those 22 games, T-Mac wasn't injured. He was putting up T-Mac likenumbers. Then, yeah. He got injured.

I dunno if he'll ever make it to the second round, but hopefully he does.

Like I said on page one, in order for the Rockets to advance to the second round with T-Mac, it basically comes down to health, and adding a legit thirdoption. To win in today's league, and go far, you need either a good team, like how Detroit has, or a team with three legit scoring options.

The Rockets have two.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

he's young, but he's also not on the level of tmac.
roll.gif
Why is he not on McGrady's level?

The difference is, Melo is 4 years into his career. Tracy is 10+ into his. If Melo goes 10 years without advancing, you can bet the heat will turn up...

My only problem with this current Houston team is that it just feels like it's always going to be "Well, next year is the year!" Relying on injury-prone stars like Yao and Tracy is just not something I'd put a ton of stock in if I were a fan. One of those two goes down for an extended period of time EVERY SINGLE YEAR. How much longer can you hold onto the hope that both of them will stay healthy for an entire year?

melo is one-dimensional. when he can't score, he can't do anything else. tmac still put up 8 rebounds and 7 dimes in this series, to go with his27pts. we all saw how melo broke down when he couldn't score.

and his teams never came close to winning a series, 4-1, 4-1, 4-0.

and i agree, houston's health is so unpredictable. they might have a good team, but if they keep having injuries, it's a wrap

eyes.gif
Are you saying he puts up better numbers than LeBron?

LeBron and Kobe have left the discussion of comparing anyone to them.

lebron's career #s: 27.7ppg, 8.2rpg, 7.2apg (ridiculous #s)
kobe's career playoff #s: 23.6ppg, 4.9rpg, 4.5apg

tmac's career playoff #s: 28.5ppg, 6.8rpg, 6.2apg

i don't think that's leaving anyone else out of the discussion

Back
Top Bottom