T-Mobile iPhone 5- NOW AVAILABLE

Are you getting the iPhone now that it's finally on T-Mobile??

• Yes finally!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm good.

• Let's see what the 5s brings...

• Total voters
I was told I would have to upgrade my plan to the simple choice if I wanted to get the phone through an installment plan. I read it's an automatic 2 year commitment, so technically it's the same BS. Who is lying to me?

You aren't signing a contract by moving to the new rate plans. When you sign up for the installment, it is a 24 month agreement, but you can pay it off sooner so it isn't a 2 year contract. Basically T-Mobile is breaking the plan down for you so you know what you are paying for. Where as other carriers charge a higher monthly price on the rate plan but there are a bunch of hidden fees basically.

[article=""]
[h1]T-Mobile Increases iPhone 5 Down Payment Price To $149 As Promotional Pricing Ends[/h1]

Ah T-Mobile, I knew your introductory pricing of $99 down payment wasn’t going to last. As of today, T-Mobile will ask well-qualified customers to drop $149 as their down payment instead of $99 as has been the case since the April 12th launch. I don’t recall anyone or anywhere telling me the $99 price was only good for one month, but in hindsight I should have seen the writing on the wall.

The iPhone 5 with eligible plan now increases from $579 to $629 as your total overall payment over 24 months. The 32GB and 64GB models don’t escape the price increase either as they move to $249 and $349 down payments respectively. That’s a $50 increase in the net down payment across the board leading to a $50 increase in the total cost over the life of the plan to $729 and $529

The monthly equipment installment doesn’t change thankfully from $20 over 24 months and it still allows T-Mobile to claim it’ still offering the most affordable upfront price available in the market.

The iPhone trade-in offer, which saw a slight uptick in marketing over Mother’s Day weekend continues as a way to allow customers with iPhone 4 and 4S devices hanging around to offset the upfront cost of upgrading to an iPhone 5.

Raising prices after an unknown promotional period…how very “UNcarrier.”
[/article]
hmm. shady.

Do you have to have almost-perfect credit to get the iPhone (or any phone) on T-Mobile for the listed down payment. I'm 20, I have no credit card (yet) but I'm currently working at a retail store at the mall.
I had to get a cosignor back in september when the phone dropped. I didn't have credit either.

i got the iphone 5 yesterday. my credit is shot and is on the mend, so i thought i was going to have to pay much more. but i traded in my iphone 4 8GB and paid $150 in cash toward the phone, so actually ended up paying off half the phone yesterday

i got the iphone 5 yesterday. my credit is shot and is on the mend, so i thought i was going to have to pay much more. but i traded in my iphone 4 8GB and paid $150 in cash toward the phone, so actually ended up paying off half the phone yesterday

I wonder if they'd let me trade in a bad ESN Sprint 16gb 4s :nerd:

T Mobile is winning big time. No one wants a contract, specially one with a termination, activation and upgrade fees.

One thing T Mobile is doing that is dumb though is misrepresenting their plans to get customers into their stores and then the reps trying to up sell you on the data plans. $50 DOES not get you unlimited data by any means, YES it does come with unlimited Talk/Text but...... data is capped at 500MG and it throttles after that, lowering itself to turtle speeds aka 3g --> edge.

Me personally, I prefer to put the whole price of the phone down at once. But.....Customers having the ability to buy a phone with installment program with no APR or INTEREST RATE attached tot it?? FORGET about it!!! NEXT LEVEL SHH.

T Mobile is winning big time. No one wants a contract, specially one with a termination, activation and upgrade fees.

One thing T Mobile is doing that is dumb though is misrepresenting their plans to get customers into their stores and then the reps trying to up sell you on the data plans. $50 DOES not get you unlimited data by any means, YES it does come with unlimited Talk/Text but...... data is capped at 500MG and it throttles after that, lowering itself to turtle speeds aka 3g --> edge.

Me personally, I prefer to put the whole price of the phone down at once. But.....Customers having the ability to buy a phone with installment program with no APR or INTEREST RATE attached tot it?? FORGET about it!!! NEXT LEVEL SHH.

yeah, they really cornered the market with that. every prepaid provider that has the Iphone wants you to drop at least 400-450. and every since ive gotten the phone yesterday, ive had constant 4G service, which is rivaling the speed i get from my wifi connection at home.

Throttled data is still data, is it not? Unless they say that you will have unlimited high speed data (which they don't), I don't see the problem.

Customers need to be more aware of what they're signing up for, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom