T-Mobile iPhone 5- NOW AVAILABLE

Are you getting the iPhone now that it's finally on T-Mobile??

• Yes finally!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm good.

• Let's see what the 5s brings...

• Total voters
you will easily get more than $300

tmobile wont drop the price if much at all once the 5S/6 releases

if you paid attention to iphone sales when the new one drops, the previous model doesnt lose that much. Especially with the tmobile one, im willing to bet you will retain MOST of its value.
Lol bruh I know I been reselling iPhones since the 3GS I said AT LEAST 300, because ican get 350 just giving the device to game stop once the new joint drops. I think it's lame though you have to be on the new plans to get the 580 price even if you buy full price but oh well. The tmobile service isn't as good as my vzw was indoors but the price is God like and even though Atlanta hasn't turned on all of the LTE towers I can say HSPA+ performs EXACTLY like my Verizon LTE did which says ALOT. I can say right now if you live in a city and don't travel you are an idiot if you are not on tmobile. And the tmobile iPhone 5 will have crazy resale value since it has all of the AT&T bands including the LTE ones
If you're already a customer (which I know you're not), you can still get the $580 price if you're on a Value Plan.  That's what I did and I didn't have to migrate over to the new unlimited joints.  

It just me or are iphones the most overpriced and overrated necessity?

Shh is ridiculous just to have a phone (that most people have, not like its some rare/limited one) and have it work to its max capabilities. Excuse the vent
laugh.gif
but I just thought about how ridiculous it is

Appreciate the help though guys, good lookin out

fixed that 4 u
Naw playboy---all phones are overpriced and overrated.  And please don't start about a $300 Nexus 4.  Google just started selling phones for that price with the Galaxy Nexus, if my memory serves me correct, so miss me with the Nexus stuff (I currently am using one, btw).  Besides the N4, show me another top-tiered smartphone that isn't overpriced?  You can't.  

As far as overrated, all these phones have capabilities that are 95% similar.  They each have smaller features that the competition doesn't, but in reality, they all pretty much do the same ****.  All these companies want you to believe that your device isn't overpriced or overrated--that's how they rake in the profits.  The reality is that they have us all by the balls because cellphones have now become a necessity in our society.  Ain't a damn one of these phones worth the hundreds (and sometimes thousands) we pay a year for the device + service.  
animals-panda-scared1-385x288.jpg

all phones are overpriced and overrated.

all iphones are overpriced and overrated.

fixed dat 4 u 2
Brilliant rebuttal, sir.  That's expected from trolling Android heads I guess--dudes never really have a lot to bring to the table except "the iPhone is overrated".  

Oh well.  

If you're already a customer (which I know you're not), you can still get the $580 price if you're on a Value Plan.  That's what I did and I didn't have to migrate over to the new unlimited joints.  

I'm in the. 30 dollar unl txt and web 100 min plan so that's why I couldn't get it. Dude kept tryna tell me the benefits of a regular plan like I'm a sucker paying 650 up front and 30 a month for my plan is waaaay cheaper than paying 580 and 70 a month when I don't need unl minutes

^ I feel you on the unlimited minutes thing.  That's my only complaint about the new plans--they force me to get minutes I'll never use.  Right now I pay $92/month after taxes/fees/discount for 3 lines, 1000 min, unlimited text and 2 GB of data on each line.  And we don't come close to using up those minutes every month.  Switching to the new joints would cost $120 before taxes/fees/discount, so best believe I'm holding onto this one for as long as I can.  

Right now I'm with Sprint and I get 450 anytime minutes and unlimited mobile to mobile to any carrier so I only use maybe 15 anytime minutes a month because 98% of my calls are to other mobile phones. I got the plan when it was $69.99 instead of $79.99 and I get a 25% discount and my bill is like $71 a month after taxes. I think my contract is up in October and I'm sure T-mobile will have LTE on in Dallas by then so if I don't leave before that I know I'm leaving either way.

Shh is ridiculous just to have a phone (that most people have, not like its some rare/limited one) and have it work to its max capabilities. Excuse the vent :lol: but I just thought about how ridiculous it is

fixed that 4 u

Naw playboy---all phones are overpriced and overrated.  And please don't start about a $300 Nexus 4.  Google just started selling phones for that price with the Galaxy Nexus, if my memory serves me correct, so miss me with the Nexus stuff (I currently am using one, btw).  Besides the N4, show me another top-tiered smartphone that isn't overpriced?  You can't.  

As far as overrated, all these phones have capabilities that are 95% similar.  They each have smaller features that the competition doesn't, but in reality, they all pretty much do the same ****.  All these companies want you to believe that your device isn't overpriced or overrated--that's how they rake in the profits.  The reality is that they have us all by the balls because cellphones have now become a necessity in our society.  Ain't a damn one of these phones worth the hundreds (and sometimes thousands) we pay a year for the device + service.  

fixed dat 4 u 2

Brilliant rebuttal, sir.  That's expected from trolling Android heads I guess--dudes never really have a lot to bring to the table except "the iPhone is overrated".  

Oh well.  

please go

the iphone 5 is right in front of me

no point in listing everything thats terrible about it :lol: it'll be easier if i just list whats good about it

the camera

Last edited:
Right now I'm with Sprint and I get 450 anytime minutes and unlimited mobile to mobile to any carrier so I only use maybe 15 anytime minutes a month because 98% of my calls are to other mobile phones. I got the plan when it was $69.99 instead of $79.99 and I get a 25% discount and my bill is like $71 a month after taxes. I think my contract is up in October and I'm sure T-mobile will have LTE on in Dallas by then so if I don't leave before that I know I'm leaving either way.
How do you get the 25% discount?

Last edited:

Shh is ridiculous just to have a phone (that most people have, not like its some rare/limited one) and have it work to its max capabilities. Excuse the vent
laugh.gif
but I just thought about how ridiculous it is

fixed that 4 u

fixed dat 4 u 2

Oh well.  
please go

the iphone 5 is right in front of me

no point in listing everything thats terrible about it
laugh.gif
it'll be easier if i just list whats good about it

the camera
Well, you are using a Nexus 4, so yeah--I understand the camera envy.  Might as well be shooting pics with a BB Curve.  

Anyone else mad as hell that these phones shipped with iOS 6.1.3? No jailbreak currently available and Team Evasion (devs of most current jailbreaks) have said that they aren't releasing any jailbreaks until iOS 7, which probably won't release until Fall. :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
The Jailbreak was buggy as hell on my VZW iphone 5. Only tweak I want to use is the LTE for any carrier joint.

Anyone else mad as hell that these phones shipped with iOS 6.1.3? No jailbreak currently available and Team Evasion (devs of most current jailbreaks) have said that they aren't releasing any jailbreaks until iOS 7, which probably won't release until Fall. :smh: :smh:

Some of them shipped with 6.1.2

Had to be one of the lucky ones

I'm waiting it out till the 5s drops

By then the LTE should be launched in NYC

And iOS 7 should be at least somewhat capable of what my current jail broken 4s can do

Hoping for the best

I work for T-Mobile Corp.
Help with what my dude?

I'm just trying to make sure I didn't get ripped off but the iPhone 5 16gb is 649 for prepaid customers right? The 580 is for the new plan and it post paid accounts right?

And Zyzz I've had the iPhone 5 since release date. The HSPA+ performance is same as my VZW LTE was but vzw obviously had the better indoor coverage

Yea i meant data vise, with 3/4G. which is the main reason i want it.

screw this refram crap in my area on the iphone 4.

I've had the 5 since the original Apple release. Basically, only get 3G. Do I have to upgrade service now that the phone if officially compatible with T-Mo?

Yea i meant data vise, with 3/4G. which is the main reason i want it.

screw this refram crap in my area on the iphone 4.

I'm in Atlanta so we got the refram network no LTE yet so I keep my LTE radio off there is supposedly one LTE tower up in Atlanta for testif purposes so I assume we will be on next round of cities

I've had the 5 since the original Apple release. Basically, only get 3G. Do I have to upgrade service now that the phone if officially compatible with T-Mo?

with the new tmobile iphone it connects to the other frequency of 3g/4g on tmobile in which the other ones cant only in the reframmed 3G area

i think thats how it goes :lol:

with the new tmobile iphone it connects to the other frequency of 3g/4g on tmobile in which the other ones cant only in the reframmed 3G area

i think thats how it goes :lol:

T-mobile iPhones have the 1700/2100 MHz bands on it where most of T-mobile's 4G and LTE is. You're not going to get great speeds unless you live in an area with LTE if you have the unlocked iPhone 5 only. Pretty much if you want to have a pleasant experience with T-mobile on the iPhone then you need to get an iPhone from T-mobile.

My area doesnt have LTE but ive been getting great speed on my iphone 4 on 3G and heard multiple people getting ridiculous speeds on 4G in my area..

regardless in the next few weeks it will be copped. im sick of the 4. hope the 5S/6 doesnt drop for awhile then :lol:

My area doesnt have LTE but ive been getting great speed on my iphone 4 on 3G and heard multiple people getting ridiculous speeds on 4G in my area..

regardless in the next few weeks it will be copped. im sick of the 4. hope the 5S/6 doesnt drop for awhile then
laugh.gif
I'm sick of my 4, too. My area doesn't have LTE either so I'll most likely just get an unlocked one on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom