Talk to me simple. What is up w/ the Palestinian & Israeli situation?

No sir, and I am far from an expert, but lets just say that it is more in the middle than those in here would have you believe. I would do your own research and come to your own conclusions.

I would argue almost every issue is that way. One of the reasons why I don't trust sources like Vox.

LOL, a lot of propaganda in here
No sir, and I am far from an expert, but lets just say that it is more in the middle than those in here would have you believe. I would do your own research and come to your own conclusions. There have been some good links in here already via wikipedia but I think here below is a good place to start

Listen to Michael Brooks (youtube) AND Bret Stephens (NYT). Read stories form various news sources and see how they tell the exact same story in VERY different ways. The truth is there imo.
Absolutely cannot stand people like this.

Absolutely cannot stand people like this.
Fam I felt this in soul.

Respect to Brownstone Brownstone but the first post is so condescending when people are clearly sharing what information they have on the subject (propoganda or not) we can only share what we've been given this far.

I personally have taken more time to look into this issue than most people I know but I could totally be misinformed and I know that.

But to follow up that statement with I'm no expert and not even providing a summary of your understanding but instead pushing others to go dig when thats the whole purpose of this thread is frustrating as ****.

Either summarize your argument/ understanding of the subject at hand or say nothing if you so choose to. People are coming to the thread to learn more, don't be the in the minority that may really understand this issue but is unwilling to share just because it makes you more informed than those around you.

Brownstone Brownstone I've seen you post and you are better than that.

Fam I felt this in soul.

Respect to Brownstone Brownstone but the first post is so condescending when people are clearly sharing what information they have on the subject (propoganda or not) we can only share what we've been given this far.

I personally have taken more time to look into this issue than most people I know but I could totally be misinformed and I know that.

But to follow up that statement with I'm no expert and not even providing a summary of your understanding but instead pushing others to go dig when thats the whole purpose of this thread is frustrating as ****.

Either summarize your argument/ understanding of the subject at hand or say nothing if you so choose to. People are coming to the thread to learn more, don't be the in the minority that may really understand this issue but is unwilling to share just because it makes you more informed than those around you.

Yeah it's a bit embarassing.

I'm no expert either but with the 20 or so years i've followed this since getting into politics, i'm not seeing much here that could be refuted unless by an educated and personal perspective. Don't come in to a thread literally asking for details with the condescending fake intellectual tone then go "do your own research, wikipedia lol".

I see it like this, white people have no say in the feelings of any minorities the same way I have no say in what’s going on there. I’m here to sit back and observe. I’m not injecting any of myself into this

I see it like this, white people have no say in the feelings of any minorities the same way I have no say in what’s going on there. I’m here to sit back and observe. I’m not injecting any of myself into this

This isn't about feelings though. Hell if it was just feelings I wouldnt give two ****s. Black people have our own **** to deal with surely.

There are actions that have taken place that hurting people, sometimes even killing people. I don't care who likes who, or even the why especially when it's "a million miles away", but once you start taking people's land and persecuting them, I have a duty as a human being to be like yo "I don't rock with that I can't support it".

That's why I **** with the BDS movement because a similar movement is what forced the end of Apartheid in South Africa.

What's ****** up is when you start saying anything about that movement to people who are pro Israel they play you like an anti Semite and that ain't the case. I love all people, it's only my love for all people that even makes me wanna care about this.

I just ain't with supporting **** ****.

This isn't about feelings though. Hell if it was just feelings I wouldnt give two ****s. Black people have our own **** to deal with surely.

There are actions that have taken place that hurting people, sometimes even killing people. I don't care who likes who, or even the why especially when it's "a million miles away", but once you start taking people's land and persecuting them, I have a duty as a human being to be like yo "I don't rock with that I can't support it".

That's why I **** with the BDS movement because a similar movement is what forced the end of Apartheid in South Africa.

What's ****ed up is when you start saying anything about that movement to people who are pro Israel they play you like an anti Semite and that ain't the case. I love all people, it's only my love for all people that even makes me wanna care about this.

I just ain't with supporting **** ****.
Completely understand what you’re saying. I mean NO harm when I say I’m not formulating a “side”. I simply don’t have the information needed to formulate a legitimate opinion. Won’t fake like I’m up all night thinking about this stuff like some will claim.

Are Palestinian people considered white? Middle eastern?

Palestinians have been told that they’re white - in America.

1st they identify themselves nationally then ethnicity then religion. So if you ask a Palestinian what do they identify themselves as, they will say “Palestinian”. But if you ask them what they are, they will say they’re Arab. They don’t identify by color.

Technically, Palestine is Western Asia. So if you want to classify it - they’re Asian.

Last edited:
That is because the US funds Israel something like 4 billion a year.

So they can have a strategic base in the Middle East or something. Its crazy though, I think (as of maybe 2-3 days ago) casualties have been like 140 (Palestine) to like 15 (Israel).

That video of the Iron Dome Israel has is insane. I read out of 2000 rockets shot, the ID has intercepted about 60% of them and about 20% have been duds or havent reached Israel.

Fam I felt this in soul.

I understand what you are saying and I appreciate your thoughtful response.

I feel like one of the main issues with this topic, even moreso than most is confirmation bias, I also know that if I were to elaborate my stance I would be scoffed at for a variety of reasons.

The reason for my post was not to be condescending to previous posters, but to highlight that there was a lot of echo chamber stuff I have seen on twitter. Let me tell you, this is not an issues that can be summarized by memes or singular vox videos.

My attempt to supplement insight into the topic was to refer readers (if they choose) to look into 3 separate sources that I found helpful in getting a further grasp on the history and fundamental issues.

I think I did summarize my stance, albeit cryptically. Lets just say I am right of the NYT, which of course isn't saying much.

i understand what you mean, but learning and speaking about issues is what causes things to change, albeit maybe that’s not always the case but to stay silent and just sit and watch is what has gotten us into messes like this. I’ve heard and seen many people get upset at different movements for not speaking up on the trials and tribulations of others. I’m not trying to come at you at all, I just think if you’re fighting for peace and equality - you shouldn’t pick and choose when to speak about things only when they are close to your own struggles.

What’s wrong with the Vox vid? Genuinely curious. Too liberal?

Did they leave out some important details?

Me being a Canadian, I don’t understand their place in American media. Are they the left fox news or something?

Last edited:
This why I am glad we have the tech we have today. So we can see what is happening more closely on the ground with less filter.

I still remember as a kid when Yitzhak Rabin died, and what Clinton was trying to do (according to the news anyways) about brokering a peace treaty.

Makes me wonder now what happened to Jared Kushner's initial peace plan for that region.

What’s wrong with the Vox vid? Genuinely curious. Too liberal?

Did they leave out some important details?

Me being a Canadian, I don’t understand their place in American media. Are they the left fox news or something?
What’s “too liberal” even mean? Genuinely curious

Back
Top Bottom