Taxi 12's - December '13

Misi
music to Jordan Brand's ears...

I just had to lol, that was too funny. But, you have a point, if we don't care about the quality of the shoes and we keep paying nearly $200, JB won't care to invest a little more money on quality because we're settling for something they don't spend much money on and think we're perfectly happy with the product.

I just had to lol, that was too funny. But, you have a point, if we don't care about the quality of the shoes and we keep paying nearly $200, JB won't care to invest a little more money on quality because we're settling for something they don't spend much money on and think we're perfectly happy with the product.
we still buy em tho.

we still buy em tho.

Yeah I know, but it's not like these shoes completely suck and they fall apart as soon as we put them on. I understand the logic that JB should invest a few more dollars to try to put out the best quality product for us who almost religiously buy our preferred JB shoe. But we should have standards, and that's why I lol'd when homie said regardless of quality he's still copping them. Personally, if they got to the point where they fell apart after one or a few wears, I would be forced to stop buying them until JB gets their act together. I wouldn't continue to buy regardless of quality no matter how dope they looked.

when the xii first retroed over ten years ago i felt the shoe was lighter and thinner but the cushioning was more responsive. thats why i liked the retro more than the og for balling reasons

but the og quality was far superior.

not sure how much thinner a shoe can get tho :lol:

Last edited:
when the xii first retroed over ten years ago i felt the shoe was lighter and thinner but the cushioning was more responsive. thats why i liked the retro more than the og for balling reasons

I'm glad people still buy these shoes to ball in, because at the end of the day I'm assuming that's still their intended purpose. I was starting to think people were solely buying these shoes for aesthetically pleasing reasons, even though the majority of people who buy these shoes probably don't ball in them anymore and wear them for looks. I personally can't play sports because of my disability, but if I could I'd definitely try playing ball in them since I actually wear my shoes lol.

Are you shocked that some people are on the fence about these or that there's people who don't like fruity, bright colored, extravagant looking shoes?

Wow assume much?

:lol:

Was just posting that as a visual representation that I'm patiently waiting for these to drop...

But since you asked in reality, while I'm a self described OG purist, I'm not adverse to Retro+ color-ups...One of my favorite pieces this year was the "Suns" VIII's...

back to regular scheduled programing though...........................................

Last edited:
Ugh... not knowing the quality on these is killing me. This is part of the reason that I hate this game, lol. You don't really get the chance to see what the quality is like until either you've wasted time standing on a line for hours and walking away empty handed would be heart breaking, or when it comes in after you've paid for it online already. 

With every release, there is always pictures that are taken in that same back yard and with multiple listings, and different sellers. It has always made me wonder how many of the sellers on there are using someone else's stock photos. That's why I like seeing a seller use a tag with their ebay seller ID just to make sure it isn't someone using someone else's photos and potentially trying to scam a buyer.

The taxis are plain on the surface but damn are they detailed. The gold eyelets. The red jumpman setting it off. The yellow black carbon fiber and the black sockliner. Man I love these shows

:lol: idk man i always appreciate shoes that are subtle yet detailed.

And that's why I bought the Oreo 5's and now plan on buying these Taxi's, because they go great with everything and just pop in their own unique and subtle way. I just hope these fly under the radar and are slept on like the Oreo 5's seem to be so far.

Shape looks significantly better than the banana boat joints that dropped in '09 or '10 (can't remember the exact year) and '12 - the 'Rising Sun' and White/Red joints were atrocious in shape and quality.

The ribbing along the side needs to be more pronounced but overall it seems like they put at least half an effort. Would be interesting to see if they've added more padding to the sockliner because the post-CDP retros were terrible.

Same as you bud, I felt the '04 was a better improvement over the OG. Save for the paint chipping, the leather and overall build quality were pretty damn good and the weight reduction made 'em great on the court. The OG materials are a work of art though, can't touch it.

Back
Top Bottom