Taxi 12's - December '13

I'm so ready guys. Y'all could see how obsessed I am about Taxis by my constant posting of pics. 
laugh.gif
via: Nohble

Anybody know if NDC is going to have a purchase limit on these when they drop...Might double up and use one pair as my hardwood sneakers...

I'm a true 12 and that's what I tried on for the cleats...Fit perfect...Not saying that's what the Taxi's are going to be like but if it's any indication on size then I'd say TTS...

Repped. Thanks bro for the info. I still play ball, so I think I'm gonna grab a pair to go with my NikeID pair to rotate

Last edited:
For those that usually do the raffle thing at Footlocker and Champs, do they usually do it the Wednesday before release?  Can't remember when they do it.  I feel like that's my only option since online is bringing nothing but failure for me.

For those that usually do the raffle thing at Footlocker and Champs, do they usually do it the Wednesday before release?  Can't remember when they do it.  I feel like that's my only option since online is bringing nothing but failure for me.
I believe it is Wednesday and Thursday. You can probably give em a call and they'll tell you exactly when

ill have pics on monday ....my spot getting 24 pair in mens another 36 in kids sizes 

another large GR but the demand is high for these ..

These not a necessary cop for me but I like the simple colorway that can match mostly anything also i cant resist the fact that my cousin/FTL Connect guerentees my ticket be picked in the raffle

yes NT fam truth is most raffles are shady and employees and theirs ppls almost always get 1st priority and leaves us consumers with the scraps that being said if it weren't for my cuz always holdin me down I wouldn't even waste my time with raffles

Last edited:
I live in Orlando Florida and it doesn't get that cold here. The spot I go to I would have to camp outside. I would rather camp than to try online. I've struck out too many times online. Plus I like the benefit that you actually get to see what your going to buy.

I live nearby two big malls about 10 minutes away, eqch have a foot locker, finish line, and champs sports. My brother likes shoes, but not necessarily Jordan's but he's always with me. My plan is to hit up both malls if they do raffles, and have both my brother and I put in two tickets at each store except for Finish Line since for the Oreo 5 release an employee told me you can only choose one store to submit raffle tickets. So worst case scenario, I put in 4 tickets at Foot Locker (including both stores) 4 tickets at Champs (once again at both Champs) and two tickets at whichever Finish Line I choose so that's about 10 tickets all in my size (13) and hopefully I at least get one. If not, I already have my billing and shipping info saved on Footlocker.com, Finishline.com, Champssports.com, and Nike.com so if they drop at 8am ET I can wake up 10-15min beforehand and log in to my account on each individual site and try to test my luck going in and out. I'm a size 13, so I don't think they'll sell out within 5min. I would say I have a pretty good plan, I was going to do that for the Oreo 5's, but I bought into the hype and thought it would be impossible to get my hands on (I thought everyone thought like me and liked the simple black and white colorway that goes great with everything) so the Friday before the raffles began and all that good stuff, a mom and pops shop from Virginia was selling their inventory on Ebay for $240 shipped, so I bought them and got them Tuesday. Both my box and shoes came in perfect condition, much better than most people who copped from Foot Locker and Finish Line. But, I wish I would have waited and stuck to my plan and pay retail. If I can't get the Taxi's because my plan fails, then I'll just chalk it up as a loss and get the Bred 1's 89' and the White Cement 1's 89' they're going for $115 shipped each and they look extremely dope. A lot better than Gamma Blue 11's in my opinion so it's either the Taxi's or the 1's as plan b because the 11's is an easy pass for me. I like the Concord's and Bred's much better.

Hey chicago,

Since you have the 2013 version in hand already, did they run TTS?

The 2013 Oreo 5's or Fire Red 5's? To be honest, I haven't even tried them on, they are still DS in the box. I took out for some pictures, to examine the quality and all that good stuff, but I never put them on. My black and gold Spi'zikes from last winter are still brand new in the box as well. I'm waiting to cop the Taxi's and to cop the Bred and White Cement 89' 1's that I saw going for $115 each shipped and maybe the Black Cat 4's (if they do release) as well as the 6's to start putting them all in rotation and not mess them up as quick since I didn't double up. I want to have a pretty deep collection that way I'm not wearing the same pairs often and beating them up. I have to get the 3 4's I missed out on (Fire/Varsity Reds, Bred's, Fear Pack, and maybe Toro Bravos). But, to really answer your question, most of the people on the Oreo's thread said they ran true to size, there were a few people talking about .5 bigger or smaller, I can't exactly remember. If you're able to go to a store, I'd recommend going and picking out the best pair available in your size, that way you check out what size is best for you as well as which pair has the best quality. Mines came perfect (both shoes and box), but some people were complaining about quality and how they had to look through a few pairs.

Most areas are different bro. Like my FTL & FA do a ticket sign up that guarantees your pair on RD. But since the Laneys dropped, they changed it so if you already signed up for a pair at either store you couldn't go to both. I spoke to the DM last week about it and he said its most likely gonna stay that way for this release because of this group of peeps that comes and invites anyone they can to pick up pairs for them to resell. They typically do their ticket process on Wednesdays or Thursdays, but it can be even sooner depending on when they receive all their pairs from UPS. Now Champs does a raffle here, and they do the signup for that from Tuesday to Thursday & call winners on Friday. If they don't know yet, I'd give them a call at the end of the week and see if they have any new info.

Last edited:
I am still baffled why people bother with tickets and all that BS, where online is almost guaranteed cop, especially on GR's.

Last edited:

I am still baffled why people bother with tickets and all that BS, where online is almost guaranteed cop, especially on GR's.
They want the instant gratification. U can have the shoe in hand, wear them that day or whatever. I'd rather wait the 3-5 days to avoid the hassle. Online is the way for me. Plus I kinda like the postal waiting game day by day

I feel you vood...The shape is way better than the Ali Baba CDP XII's

Hope the leather isnt like the Steel X's (tissue gentle) but hey, they sellin regardless

Just got some nice OG Taxi's for 47+Shipping but still on the fence w these

Soles are pretty fresh for a 17 year old shoe!

View media item 673731

You can't beat OGs literally - I lucked out on a White/Red OG pair for a decent price after being burned by that garbage retro in '10. I had the '04, CDP and the '10 retro and the CDP while not being anything to write home about was better than the '10 retro.

I will go for raffle tickets if I want to double up on a pair. Otherwise I like to purchase online, but that's not always guaranteed either.
It depends on where you live too. The places that carry GR's near me in MN tend to sell out fast.

That's why online is your thing, open a few tabs on different sites and you will cop for sure, just be on time. 

not true in demand og colorway gr has been a tough get, hgg 13, bred 13, grapes were a struggle to get online. Sold out in minutes on ndc and you have to be patient enough to spam click on the eastbay sites. I have a feeling this will be no different. A lot of people want these, probably more than the Gamma 11s and Jordan 1s. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom