TEAM-AF-ONE VOL. 3 THREAD

^ yummy
smokin.gif

Lemme check if I have a glitch in my NT Matrix....nope still 8000 +
laugh.gif

I love NTman

Some of the arguments in here remind me of the Special Olympics.
I Love AF1, dont sweat it man...Im still a bigger postwhore than you (2007), second place went to Kevin and James
laugh.gif

Paul, Ima hit you up real soon about some stuff...I know u busy!

Oli, Sherm says hi!!!
eek.gif
Ive found him!!

I didn't mean post pics to make me feel bad Matt I meant send them my way haha those are super nice.

Cool Mic I'm not overly busy at the moment so just let me know what you need.

I Love AF1 you still need to change your sig to I post a lot just because it would be pure comedy but in a good way of course, personally though I have noproblem with you posting its not as if you post negative stuff.

Now you're just rubbing it in Matt.
happy.gif
Dope Shrooms nonetheless.

Mic - What's up man? When you say you found "Sherm", you wouldn't happen to be speakingof "Sherm" in London, ey?

Originally Posted by 7 Paul 7

I didn't mean post pics to make me feel bad Matt I meant send them my way haha those are super nice.

if (hopefully when?!) you are ready to trade somewhere down the line, you know exactly what i want homie, haha

lol I still haven't even got those yet I keep telling myself any day now, did your shoes arrive safely?

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

85% of the posts in here are dudes slurpin' and burpin' the next man for his pickups.
LMAO! Right on the money + some of you guys need to stop acting like you're AF1-gods just cause you own a few vintage pairs..

Damn, why all of the sudden negativity lately? Between people "posting toomuch", to people who think they're "AF1 gods", is it all really necessary? I know we're "fam." and what not, but why iseveryone so concerned with someone else? If people want to front, then let them. If people want to post until their fingers fall off, then let them. Ipersonally don't see the problem in someone posting all the time. I really don't see anyone claiming or acting like they're an "AF1 god"either, but maybe I'm just not really worried what everyone else is doing. I Love AF1 takes a lot of criticism and jokes from people, and I'msurprised by how little he retaliates. He's a pretty cool person if you actually talk to him outside of the thread. He even sends me links and Idon't even ask him to. Anyway, <cliche>can't we all just get along?</cliche>

*EDIT*

Mic - Worrrrrd. He recently helped me with a pair of sneakers actually. Wish I had money for some of his other stuff.

superblyTRIFE wrote:

85% of the posts in here are dudes slurpin' and burpin' the next man for his pickups.
LMAO! Right on the money + some of you guys need to stop acting like you're AF1-gods just cause you own a few vintage pairs..

To be honest both of you are pretty sad to make these comments I'm a really laid back person but why the hate for no apparent reason?personally I don't really care since you only show yourselves up by posting such crap but at the same time it seems so unnecessary, you should try growingup.

^^ ^ Sorry but if you do not see the "gods", you're blind.. and that is why I stopped posting here. I'm sick of the elite atmosphere of thisthread created by a selfproclaimed few + You guys need to stop posting the same old shoes over and over again. There are 1000+ different AF1s ever released,and still you guys manage to post the same 20 shoes over and over again.(linens, shrooms,...)

damn if somebody feels like a god let them feel that way. you people worry about other people to much. af1 gods, posting. let it be damn...

lol not the elitist crap again for the most part everyone gets on well here you're just being paranoid, I have never claimed or seen anyone else claimthat they are better than the other people that post in this thread its only shoes its not that serious. As for the same old colour ways I'm sure peoplewould like to post these thousands of colour ways but finding them is not so easy nowadays. You just need to relax and if we were all elitists like you claimwe wouldn't be helping each other out because there aren't that many AF1's to go around.

Originally Posted by spacej23

I Love AF1 takes a lot of criticism and jokes from people, and I'm surprised by how little he retaliates. He's a pretty cool person if you actually talk to him outside of the thread. He even sends me links and I don't even ask him to. Anyway, <cliche>can't we all just get along?</cliche>

On the money. I LOVE AF1 is cool in my book.

People need to understand that not everyone in this thread has the same means or access. Some have more disposable income, more hookups, more knowledge, havebeen collecting for longer, etc. That isn't a bad or good thing, it's just the truth. Being a sneakerhead and an AF1 head has very little to do withhow many or what pairs of sneakers you own. It's more about the passion you have for the culture and the sneakers. If the same sneakers are being shownover and over again my guess is it's because people don't have the funds to afford them or the access to obtain them. Plus, it's 2008 and there areonly so many vintage AF1's left from the 80's and 90's. Of course people post the stereotypical AF1's everyone on niketalk loves (Atmos,Linens, 3M Snakes, etc.), but for the most part I've seen a bunch of sneakers that I've never seen or have rarely seen posted in the past 10 pages.

INC365,

In a way you're right. This thread has and probably will continue to be repetitive at times. I don't see that as a bad thing. You've never had thesame or similar conversations with a friend? I know I have. Why should niketalk be any different? Sneakers specifically are a limited subject, especially whenyou restrict the discussion to one particular model. Sneaker culture has also only been around for 35-40 years. My guess is if we were talking about worldpolitics for the past 2000 years there would be much more to discuss (as there rightfully should be). If you perceive a problem with the thread I would hopeyou would post more to attempt to improve it. I've seen some of your collection and you definitely have some AF1s you don't see everyday.

Btw, I hope I'm not coming off as if I'm attacking you becuase that isn't my intent.

lol not the elitist crap again for the most part everyone gets on well here you're just being paranoid, I have never claimed or seen anyone else claim that they are better than the other people that post in this thread its only shoes its not that serious. As for the same old colour ways I'm sure people would like to post these thousands of colour ways but finding them is not so easy nowadays. You just need to relax and if we were all elitists like you claim we wouldn't be helping each other out because there aren't that many AF1's to go around.
Ofcourse no-one ever "claimed" that they were better than the rest, but if you can read between the lines, its pretty obvious + You'renot all helping each other out, its the chosen few who help eachother out.. hence "elitist". Btw, why do you "Paul" always feel like YOUhave to be the one to react to every single form of criticism towards this thread? Are you some sort of shepherd and do you feel like you have protect yourflock of sheep?

Originally Posted by jvhoop22

Btw, I hope I'm not coming off as if I'm attacking you becuase that isn't my intent.
No problem man, and you're right for the most part. Ofcourse some shoes will be posted a few times over the entire thread (we have the same thingover at TEAMAMFAM) but it really seems to be happing alot over here.. its not really a big deal, a bit annoying at most. But the thing is, if you do not postlinens, shrooms,.. but just some recent GR, you're not considered "real" by the "elitists". And that is what bothers me the most..

SJ23 - I think that it's a waste of time trying to spend hours arguing about stuff people tend to forget. And thanks for backing me up (same for jvhoop22).

B - It's been overdue, but how you're gonna say my posts are useless, while I have yet to see a good post from you. So don't come at me with thatgarbage, unless if you're sn is ervinshoes.

Also, I remember saying that there are bigger postwhores than me, and you called out my brother for being a bigger postwhore. Now I don't really care ifyou talk *!@% about me all day, but when you bring family members into this, this *!@% gets real personal. Now how would you feel if I talked *!@% about yourfamily?
smh.gif

Think about it.

tired.gif

oh yeah, the quote in question:

Originally Posted by RatherUniqueB

Originally Posted by I Love AF1

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Originally Posted by OGfiend

^ Your gonna post even more!?
eek.gif

Is that even possible?
laugh.gif

there is a dude who joined in August 07 with 4000 posts
eek.gif
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

Your brother?

Damn... Sherman? Haven't heard from him for ages... Hope he's well. Please send him my regards whenever you get to talk to him again, Mike.

To make this a 'useful' post...
tongue.gif

Flashback::: '96 patent (catalog pic i figure...)
27y7frl.jpg

85% of the posts in here are dudes slurpin' and burpin'

I know your not trying to start anything but saying something in such a crude manner will get you nowhere, if you going make a comment in future make one like an adult.

I see your rearing your ugly head again Mario, nice chocolates though did you get all three for $150 shipped? haha.

Fall back my dude....I'm pretty sure I don't need you to tell me how to post. And you caught my drift, so I'm good with what I said. Would it be better if I said 85% of the posts are just dudes jocking one another? Is that more G-Rated for your liking? Honestly, if you think what I said iscrude, you really must not browse the rest of NT a whole lot. Either way, you got the point and it seems you took offense to it. If the shoe fits....

My intention was never to be negative. Matter of fact, I was responding to the blatant hate being thrown at I Love AF1. Again, just calling it how I see it. People can't get on dude for his posts when they're over here posting "
eek.gif
's" and "
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
's" left and right, responding to some new pickups. There is no difference between his posts and those types of posts. That was my onlypoint. If you can't understand that, think about it until you can.

Ofcourse no-one ever "claimed" that they were better than the rest, but if you can read between the lines, its pretty obvious
As I already said that's just you being paranoid..

You're not all helping each other out, its the chosen few who help eachother out.. hence "elitist"
How do you know this? you don't your just trying to be negative for no good reason, I'm pretty sure nearly all of the regulars in herehave had help in some shape or form.
why do you "Paul" always feel like YOU have to be the one to react to every single form of criticism towards this thread? Are you some sort of shepherd and do you feel like you have protect your flock of sheep?
haha I don't always defend everything that's posted in here but in all honesty I just felt like you were being a prick for no good reasonbut its no big deal.

you got the point and it seems you took offense to it. If the shoe fits....
lol I didn't take offence in the slightest you just came across as an idiot for posting what you did end of story.

Originally Posted by INC365

Originally Posted by jvhoop22

No problem man, and you're right for the most part. Ofcourse some shoes will be posted a few times over the entire thread (we have the same thing over at TEAMAMFAM) but it really seems to be happing alot over here.. its not really a big deal, a bit annoying at most. But the thing is, if you do not post linens, shrooms,.. but just some recent GR, you're not considered "real" by the "elitists". And that is what bothers me the most..

Yeah, you have a point. I'm guilty of this at times. From a personal standpoint I'm slightly bitter about the "whoring out" of theculture. Then again, people who have been involved for 20 years may feel the same way about me (someone who's been involved for under 10). However, I knowif someone comes into the thread with a good attitude (and not some "luk at my hott kickz. Im da man" steez) then I'll give them respect nomatter what AF1s they post. Though I love Linens and Shrooms and Atmos I like seeing older jewels the most because they remind me of Junior High and when Ifirst started to fall in love with sneakers (along with some of the older vintage stuff just because I haven't seen all of it before and it's alwayscool to see new things).
I think it can be hard not to develop some form of elitist attitude if you're deeply involved in any culture or hobby (whether it's sneakers,music, comic books, baseball cards, basketball, etc.). I think it's just part of life, though I don't condone it on a consistent basis.

Back
Top Bottom