2edz1ah.jpg

lekker hoor Mic!

nice Olives and Goats Kev!
smokin.gif

nice Rose Gardens Jo
smokin.gif

nice forces Phil
smokin.gif

dope Cones Reggie, too bad these don't pop up often (a size 12 pair popped up several months back, but they were too beat
frown.gif
)

AHHHHHHHH MY EYES
eek.gif
where can I acquire this book ?

sorry I had no other constructive input.

Originally Posted by illphillip

That book is crazy. What's that Red pair next to the JD "Portlands"?

Mic, dope Goats. I remember having the first Year Of The Horse back when I lived in Miami. And the Rush/Energy joints.

Does anyone have those? Can you post pics?

There are so many AF1's from my past that I'd love to see that I rarely see in here. I know I said this before but I am going to try to post some of the ones I have that I rarely see in here.

If we are all AF1 lovers, this thread should represent the full gamut of AF1's we all own. Sometimes it's hard to tell who actually loves AF1's from who is moreso in love with their perceived "limitedness" and "exclusivity". We've seen the Atmos, HK 's, Wheats and Linens quite a bit (no disrespect to silversurf or jvhoop btw), and I'm hoping the great canvas craze of '08 starts to die down. It's always great to see those sneakers, but we see them so much lately, and I know there are so many more out there that don't get posted much.

I mean, I can't be the only one who has the Greek AF1's. The 06's, the "Laker" colorway (which I actually do not have) or the ones below (the frat names escape me right now). But I NEVER see them in here. These have since been worn. Sorry Mic. And sorry for the same tired old pic.....
2i6f4ep.jpg
Had a chance to get those red ones about two years ago for like $50 shipped & never pulled the trigger.

And I've always felt that this thread was moreso for cats in love w/the "exclusivity/limitedness" of certain air forces (which is cool w/me bythe way). I think the deal w/that is the whole "quality vs. quantity" philosophy which I totally understand. However, I don't totallyagree with that. But I enjoy coming to this thread seeing certain kicks being showcased so...KEEP BRINGIN' THE HEAT FELLAS!

JDocs,

I got the book at at Japanese bookstore called Kinokuniya here in NYC maybe 1-2 years ago. I'm not sure where you an get it.

I think the whole concept of limitedness and exclusivity is interesting. What's funny is I think this thread is more for people who are into rarity thanexclusivity or Limitedness. Limitedness and exclusivity often imply there was a cap put on production (often in order to make a product more sought after).Rarity, however, implies that there are no longer many of a certain product (often due to time and other factors). What's even funnier is a lot of thekicks that illphillip is talking about that are never posted in this thread are probably more rare than kicks like Atmos, Linens and Wheats. Kicks like theones I just mentioned have been relatively sought after for a while meaning that more people have kept them in DS condition allowing many pairs to survive overtime. Kicks that are not as sought after upon their release, however, are more likely to be worn, beaten down and discarded leaving few pairs in DS conditiondown the line. As I mentioned before, I would love to own some of the Year of... AF1's, but I rarely see any and when I do they are posted for crazyprices. The same goes for a lot of JDs that I like. This is not to say that I never buy into the allure of rarity. To be very honest, I like wearing kicks thatI don't see every other person in NYC rocking, especially with all of the garbage put out lately by Nike. At the same time, I rarely buy sneakers Idon't absolutely love.

LOL.... that book is completely BANANAS, I really can't stand to look at it anymore.... just too much

jvhoop, thanks. "Rarity" is the word I was looking for because most of the heat posted here wasn't limited or exclusive(hate that word, btw) when they came out.

tired.gif
Walking to the Air Force 1 25th Anniversary party in Toronto.White canvas mids, gum bottom UNDS'ing from 02-03 (Maybe?). Looked down and a splash of random mud on the toe. It was a wrap before we even got to thedoor.

recent pickups

how mcuh do you think i could get for these? (size 10.5 with box)

and these size 11 wiht box

^Any info on #14 on the book page above? (All red lows w/ white tubular laces) Never seen those before...

I think the whole concept of limitedness and exclusivity is interesting. What's funny is I think this thread is more for people who are into rarity than exclusivity or Limitedness. Limitedness and exclusivity often imply there was a cap put on production (often in order to make a product more sought after). Rarity, however, implies that there are no longer many of a certain product (often due to time and other factors). What's even funnier is a lot of the kicks that illphillip is talking about that are never posted in this thread are probably more rare than kicks like Atmos, Linens and Wheats.
Very true, that's really a big reason why I like this thread the most. Especially after seeing the contents of that catalog, it's apparentthat there are tons of colorways out there that are extremely hard to come by, just random colors from the 90s which were bought for $50 and beat into theground when they came out. That's what makes this exciting, seeing what you find and getting nicer colors and superior quality as a reward."Limitedness" is basically FORCED RARITY (there was an article about this in Mass Appeal magazine a couple of years ago, if someone can find it, thatwould be cool). When the shoe company itself decides that a sneaker should be hard to obtain, that makes no sense and frankly makes me feel like a bit of atool if I buy it. I mean I own some of the more hyped pairs, but who would be crazy enough not to like atmos or 3m snakes? The designs speak for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom