I have the first two.

25ox4j7.jpg
have u had these since they originally came out?? 95 or 96?? if so,
eek.gif
.....i had those when i was in the 7th or 8th grade size 7.5
pimp.gif

if i only knew THEN what i know NOW
mad.gif
i gave all my "old" shoesto my little cousins because i had to keep up with the joneses!

now i wish i had MOST of them back
frown.gif
they all wear size 11s and 12s andi've been a 7.5 ever since
embarassed.gif

Paul and MyOnes,

There is no way to express my jealousy in words. There is no doubt in my mind those are one of the top 2 mids every produced.

yo, selling my ds sz 12 black/white players pack forces for $75 shipped. Anyone interested? Tryna get some shoes "overseas" and need money within theday.. lol.. help me out

Patrick I haven't had a DS shoe yellow on me yet my room is very cold which is an advantage so I all I have to do is store them in a dark wardrobe with a few packets of silica gel in each box.

lol Tyler I'm sure you will find a pair soon and it was the sellers fault for that fiasco because he was #*%! stirring and telling lies in order to getmore money
laugh.gif

Zhi I have no idea if a wine humidor would work I'm not much of a wine drinker myself haha.

JordanLovah I found those last year thanks to Zhi it took me years to find a non yellowed pair, but they were released at the end of 96.

I'm still trying to find you those mids Jv hopefully I'll stumble across them soon.

Also I thought I would post these, there not for me though a second pair for my girlfriend
frown.gif

e871n4.jpg

so many og af1. its cool learning the history of these shoes and years they came out and stuff. great info and overall a great post

lol Tyler I'm sure you will find a pair soon and it was the sellers fault for that fiasco because he was #*%! stirring and telling lies in order to get more money
laugh.gif
Hopefully it's much sooner than later. Every time I see those, I want toshed a tear. I don't even want to start with that seller though. He's one of the worst in my opinion and he only takes 10 years to finally get youwhat you won and there's no such thing as communication with him.

Nonetheless, dope black suedes. I'm having a hard time deciding if I like the grey suedes or theblack suedes better.

Paul,

Thanks for continuing to look. I've been looking too, but I can't find them anywhere. Same goes for the Indy Jewels (plus napsize bumped their pricesup on their size 9.5 and I'm not paying almost $600 shipped for a pair). Hopefully, if and when I go to Japan this summer I'll be able to scoop uppairs of each.

Originally Posted by eruditemode

Originally Posted by GUM SOLE

Paul how do you keep your midsole nice and clear? Mine are all green.
sick.gif

If you want to talk to the ultimate af1 preservationist, my opinion is that mfpearson has all the secrets. Seems like all his shoes are suspended in stasis circa 2001. Just curious, what would happen if you put all your shoes in a wine humidor? Would they all stay crispy?
thanks for the compliment zhi, but i have no secrets. well, maybe just one - just make sure the shoes you are buying are fresh in the first place. ihave my own sources, plus i have a couple of you to thank in here for helping me out with that. then, like paul said, keep them in a cold and dark place. asfar as taking action to keep my shoes fresh - i don't do that. i just try to keep them from getting messed up in the first place. now if you're goingto wear them (as you should), then you're just about out of luck... i guess i can share my secret with you as far as wearing shoes, though... buy doubles.that is easier said than done, but if you really want to wear a pair of shoes and you can't stand to put creases in them, then that is your only option.people always PM me asking me how i keep my shoes so fresh all the time - well now you know my secret. good hookups, plus i generally keep one pair to rock,and one pair to stock. tyler - i hit you back. maybe we can work something out? paul - this drought is killing me. now i know what famine feels like. dk -whats up homie - i know you're lurking, haha.

Kartoon they're a size 7.5.

I know how you feel Tyler it does get annoying when you cant find a certain shoe in particular that your looking for, and that seller is a saint compared withwho me and Matt just had to deal with my shoes were supposed to be sent out 2 weeks ago but still nothing
mad.gif

I was put off by the napsize price hike as well Jv there was a pair I was going to buy but they suddenly jumped up in price, best of luck with your search whenyou go to japan.

lol Matt it is bad since its like having an addiction but having no supply, our luck will have to change soon though it has been three months since I lastreceived any shoes for myself.

sick.gif

If you want to talk to the ultimate af1 preservationist, my opinion is that mfpearson has all the secrets. Seems like all his shoes are suspended in stasis circa 2001. Just curious, what would happen if you put all your shoes in a wine humidor? Would they all stay crispy?

If you dont wear the shoe, the sole wont yellow..the sole is very much like the OG XI columbia sole.When i had my pair, i kept them in ziploc bags.Best wayto maintain the blue sole is wear them once in a blue moon and clean after every wear....in fact, a majority of the shoes i own are in ziploc bags to preventyellowing..

Angel

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

sick.gif

If you dont wear the shoe, the sole wont yellow..the sole is very much like the OG XI columbia sole.When i had my pair, i kept them in ziploc bags.Best way to maintain the blue sole is wear them once in a blue moon and clean after every wear....in fact, a majority of the shoes i own are in ziploc bags to prevent yellowing..

Angel

it also depends on the moisture in the room as well.

Does sucking the air out of the zip-log bag help, or does this not do anything? I remember those infomercials that had those vacuum sealers (3 E-Z payments of$9.99). I bet that would do the trick.

"keep them in a cold and dark place"
Keeping AF1's clean and raising mushrooms sounds identical in procedure. One is lead to believe that should a spore ever land in your"shu-midor," that a thousand ****ake would blossom if left unchecked.

^ Taking air out will probably work, since the bag will trap air inside, it would be the same as leaving the shoe outside with no bag

Does sucking the air out of the zip-log bag help, or does this not do anything? I remember those infomercials that had those vacuum sealers (3 E-Z payments of $9.99). I bet that would do the trick.

"keep them in a cold and dark place"
Keeping AF1's clean and raising mushrooms sounds identical in procedure. One is lead to believe that should a spore ever land in your "shu-midor," that a thousand ****ake would blossom if left unchecked.
vacuum sealing would keep them the cleanest, i'd imagine. it's virtually the same as when stores shrink-wrap their display shoes. as for yourmushroom theory - i say that we crank up the A/C inside NeoTokyo, drop a spore, and observe...

Originally Posted by MFPearson

vacuum sealing would keep them the cleanest, i'd imagine. it's virtually the same as when stores shrink-wrap their display shoes. as for your mushroom theory - i say that we crank up the A/C inside NeoTokyo, drop a spore, and observe...

n506544713_430103_1081.jpg

n506544713_430105_1584.jpg

n506544713_430106_1833.jpg

Now if I could just make it so that truffles sprouted, I would make a huge mint. For those of you who think I'm joking,

super truffle

a 2.6 pound truffle sound for $50000. Truffles are so lucrative so that they have been dubbed "black diamonds." If Nas ruled the world,he'd be rocking them around his neck.

Originally Posted by spacej23

*Siiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Sorry Kevin. I've failed you.
ohwell.gif

damn dude. i never thought those would end that high. oh wells. i took a few pics last night:

since i have a little filipino in me (aiyooo??)
311009887.jpg

my columbia blue
311009889.jpg

wearing burnt olives today
311010919.jpg

i love to put enoki muschrooms in my miso ramen.

Back
Top Bottom