..:: TEAM AIR FORCE 1 ::.. Official Thread... Vol. 5

birds nest af1 # 20
grin.gif

one thing about lists?

everyone's opinion is subjective.

i have not bought a pair of AF1 lows in a long time, really into highs right now..

some people like 'em wild, some like 'em basic..

it's hard to argue with white/whites (even though i never owned a pair except the patent sheeds) - like scoop said in his book.. think of all the feetthey've appeared on in the past 27 years or so.. every shoe has its story. all the debate is pretty much pointless anyway.. doubt complex or any other sitewould run our top 50s. nah'mean?

Originally Posted by Rapido27

Some of AMs collection is now on ebay.

holy crabs, the shimizus are already at $193. wheats at $350! wth?!? those raygun forces hmmm....anyone know the year of the base shoe?

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by houstonsnk

Originally Posted by xilegacy

I understand they are for a good cause but I would never be able to wear those.

I agree. Good cause or not, if they wanted to sell them, they should had chosen something that doesn't look like a kids AF1.

it WAS a kid who made them. His name is Bradley. He like outdoors.

haha. I didn't know the back story on them. Is it a kids shoe or adult shoe thought, that is what I was trying to say. But a kid designed it, so that is cool. It would be one of those buy it to help a charity deals.

Yea I couldnt pass the charity part. But they are growing on me. And it is a Adult shoe. EDIT, Yea Ams starting prices are high. But people will bid becausethey are his. I hope they come with something saying they were his or something. Not just shoe and box. EDIT, never mind they do come with something statingthey were his. Thats kinda
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kevin2nd

Originally Posted by Rapido27

Some of AMs collection is now on ebay.

holy crabs, the shimizus are already at $193. wheats at $350! wth?!? those raygun forces hmmm....anyone know the year of the base shoe?
eek.gif
, Good thing those aren't my size because I would getpriced out with a week to go. I know it is a charity, but if those wheats get to like $600+. Resellers better not be watching this thinking it is the norm.

Resellers better not be watching this thinking it is the norm.

laugh.gif
forreal man. that would undo all the headway we've made with the recession forcing people to sell stuff for cheap
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

birds nest af1 # 20
grin.gif
I'm wondering how Zinc's are on anyone's list.
I know a spot that can't get rid of them @ $60.
No offense to CK but his list is utter garbage - maybe he should've kept it as a top 20 to weed out the junk but the bulk of his 'all timeclassics' consist of stuff that has come out recently.

There are some AF1 heads with real gems that completely smash CK's list. Speaking of which what's the story on this CK cat? Has he always been intosneakers?

I agree. Good cause or not, if they wanted to sell them, they should had chosen something that doesn't look like a kids AF1.

Nike should just donate money directly to the 'Doernbaecher' (sp??) charity and give the shoe to the kid as a 1 of 1. It's low forNike to let the consumer donate on their behalf.

was thinking the same thing about price precedents, hopefully some people list their stuff up hoping to get $500+... they will be sniped.

Originally Posted by vood99

Speaking of which what's the story on this CK cat? Has he always been into sneakers?
I heard Clark Kent was the first Doernbaecher' (sp??) kid to design air forces
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

birds nest af1 # 20
grin.gif
No offense to CK but his list is utter garbage - maybe he should've kept it as a top 20 to weed out the junk but the bulk of his 'all time classics' consist of stuff that has come out recently.

There are some AF1 heads with real gems that completely smash CK's list. Speaking of which what's the story on this CK cat? Has he always been into sneakers?
You can almost count on the fact that he's had any gem that you can mention. I'm not a fan of CK or ANYTHING he's put out thus far,but in terms of AF1 head he's about as serious as it gets. Of course, he's got no discernment for gorgeous and ghastly, but he's a head through& through.

And WOW and
mad.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
at starting offers on AM's collection kicks being identicalto the highest price that any of us could get on a regular day for the same shoes. Sure something like wheats are impossible in a size 12, but c'monpeople.

Nike should just donate money directly to the 'Doernbaecher' (sp??) charity and give the shoe to the kid as a 1 of 1. It's low for Nike to let the consumer donate on their behalf.

They do. Plus the Jordans sold out and the ones from last year did also, mens and womens. Remember those Yeeyzs from Grammys. That money went to the them.Along with the sample Yeeyzs. Also some art work too.

Originally Posted by NikembeJETTA

birds nest af1 # 20
grin.gif
No offense to CK but his list is utter garbage - maybe he should've kept it as a top 20 to weed out the junk but the bulk of his 'all time classics' consist of stuff that has come out recently.

There are some AF1 heads with real gems that completely smash CK's list. Speaking of which what's the story on this CK cat? Has he always been into sneakers?
You can almost count on the fact that he's had any gem that you can mention. I'm not a fan of CK or ANYTHING he's put out thus far, but in terms of AF1 head he's about as serious as it gets. Of course, he's got no discernment for gorgeous and ghastly, but he's a head through & through.

And WOW and
mad.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
at starting offers on AM's collection kicks being identical to the highest price that any of us could get on a regular day for the same shoes. Sure something like wheats are impossible in a size 12, but c'mon people.
who is CK? - he's a DJ. been wearing AF1s since the first AF1s. has built a massive collection from nike freebies and from building a networkworldwide - he got people in a lot of places that call him whenever something hot comes in. and like SHERLOCK once posted, he's been knownto hog all the sz 13s.

zincs suck. a lot of clark's picks suck to me. but that's the thing. lists are subjective. what floats kevin3rd's boat might notnecessarily be dkballa's cup of tea.

and as far as AM shoe pricing, well that's the way hype goes. plenty of heads that are not knowledgeable about kicks but want to show their fandom of AMwill bite. and that's just the way it is.

Chris nosnah-that's the gortex af1. It came out around same time as the krink,questlove,rasheed highs, and ladanian af1's from what I believe wascalled the 1 world series.

does anyone on here own a pair of the michael laus or have seen them in person? what is the leather like? i'm tempted to look for a pair if the price isright.

does anyone on here own a pair of the michael laus or have seen them in person? what is the leather like? i'm tempted to look for a pair if the price is right.
Leather looks great. It's a nice shoe but you can get the cheaper version that alife created.

does anyone on here own a pair of the michael laus or have seen them in person? what is the leather like? i'm tempted to look for a pair if the price is
right.
Leather looks great. It's a nice shoe but you can get the cheaper version that alife created.

ahhhhh the one with the stars. nah. don't like the rolled edges. might eventually look for some laus.

Originally Posted by Sos soldier

Chris nosnah-that's the gortex af1. It came out around same time as the krink,questlove,rasheed highs, and ladanian af1's from what I believe was called the 1 world series.
Not to mention they sell for over $2000, which is why he has probably never/will never seen anyone with them.

Back
Top Bottom