..:: TEAM AIR FORCE 1 ::.. Official Thread... Vol. 5

i dunno what's wrong with me. i almost bought these shoes today. they are purple with a silver swoosh and have kinda thin plastic coatingfeel to them.

2la33wk.jpg

Originally Posted by itsmedallas

Originally Posted by pUreRetr05

kevin- get those ML joints. I'll join you soon after after I take care of some business
devil.gif
nerd.gif
You sir. You those atmos 87s you posted on the AM FAM thread were
pimp.gif
Thank you. Finally have sizes available and just cant pull the trigger..
tired.gif

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

AM's linens being an 11 and with 5 days left they are already $415
those prices are so fake right now man. I can't wait to see when more then half of that stuff gets relisted because people won't pay up.

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

AM's linens being an 11 and with 5 days left they are already $415
those prices are so fake right now man. I can't wait to see when more then half of that stuff gets relisted because people won't pay up.

I know I was the high bidder on the linens and wheats and got outbid what tha

nah. i bet people are gonna pay. tons of non-sneaker people know about the auction - even my mom asked me if i was gonna bid
smh.gif
. i wonder if when they startgetting deeper into the collection, the prices won't rocket so quickly.

Originally Posted by kevin2nd

nah. i bet people are gonna pay. tons of non-sneaker people know about the auction - even my mom asked me if i was gonna bid
smh.gif
. i wonder if when they start getting deeper into the collection, the prices won't rocket so quickly.
That's what I'm thinking because AM has 800+ or is it 900 pairs. No way every pair will go for rape.

I could see AM's wheats going for a lot since you really don't see size 12s of those very often, aside from the fact that they were his.

I respect the fact that his collection will go for more than market price, it's for a good cause, and it's also all killer no filler....his collectionwas serious. Honestly, when I see all these "famous" collectors like Clark Kent or whatever, I really don't think they have good taste in kicks.AM definitely did have good taste.

The only upsetting thing is that I've sold some of the same kicks he has listed in recent times for less than market value. Ebay's been depressing forsellers lately, you set a buy it now, your kicks will sit there for ages (like those size 10 linens in great shape for $150), you set an auction...odds areyou'll be giving someone a steal. It's been odd lately. Is it really the so called recession?

Originally Posted by OGfiend

The only upsetting thing is that I've sold some of the same kicks he has listed in recent times for less than market value. Ebay's been depressing for sellers lately, you set a buy it now, your kicks will sit there for ages (like those size 10 linens in great shape for $150), you set an auction...odds are you'll be giving someone a steal. It's been odd lately. Is it really the so called recession?

it's definitely hard selling something these days for fair market value. i guess people buying just want insane deals all the time and don't take astep back and think about it for a min. for example i was trying to sell (still am) a pair of the grey/neon am95 color af1's ds for 110 shipped which ithink is pretty fair to begin with, this guy offers me 100 saying that's all he has in his paypal acct so i accept. a few days later he tries telling methere's a pair on ebay with no box for $50 so how much can i come down? i was like g t f o of here...

so idk, i don't really think there is much going on with af1's these days as far as buying/selling prices go. even classic sought after pairs like ogcocoa's have pretty much lost their value. i know i was pissed when that size 11 pair on ebay went for about 250 ds when i had paid 415 a month or 2earlier
mad.gif
laugh.gif
and that's happened a couple of times too. but like you said ogfiend, is itreally the recession? i'm coming to think it isn't...

Originally Posted by m tr4nch

Originally Posted by OGfiend

The only upsetting thing is that I've sold some of the same kicks he has listed in recent times for less than market value. Ebay's been depressing for sellers lately, you set a buy it now, your kicks will sit there for ages (like those size 10 linens in great shape for $150), you set an auction...odds are you'll be giving someone a steal. It's been odd lately. Is it really the so called recession?

it's definitely hard selling something these days for fair market value. i guess people buying just want insane deals all the time and don't take a step back and think about it for a min. for example i was trying to sell (still am) a pair of the grey/neon am95 color af1's ds for 110 shipped which i think is pretty fair to begin with, this guy offers me 100 saying that's all he has in his paypal acct so i accept. a few days later he tries telling me there's a pair on ebay with no box for $50 so how much can i come down? i was like g t f o of here...

so idk, i don't really think there is much going on with af1's these days as far as buying/selling prices go. even classic sought after pairs like og cocoa's have pretty much lost their value. i know i was pissed when that size 11 pair on ebay went for about 250 ds when i had paid 415 a month or 2 earlier
mad.gif
laugh.gif
and that's happened a couple of times too. but like you said ogfiend, is it really the recession? i'm coming to think it isn't...

I seen your auction before thinking of a price to list mine. I was upset with that low BIN so now they are in auction.
Been hit and miss alot. BINs get no action. I have auction sit at $0.99 for 6 days with 50-80 watchers. Bad time
to sell most of my stuff i guess .................

m tr4nch wrote:

OGfiend wrote:

it's definitely hard selling something these days for fair market value. i guess people buying just want insane deals all the time and don't take a step back and think about it for a min. for example i was trying to sell (still am) a pair of the grey/neon am95 color af1's ds for 110 shipped which i think is pretty fair to begin with, this guy offers me 100 saying that's all he has in his paypal acct so i accept. a few days later he tries telling me there's a pair on ebay with no box for $50 so how much can i come down? i was like g t f o of here...

so idk, i don't really think there is much going on with af1's these days as far as buying/selling prices go. even classic sought after pairs like og cocoa's have pretty much lost their value. i know i was pissed when that size 11 pair on ebay went for about 250 ds when i had paid 415 a month or 2 earlier
mad.gif
laugh.gif
and that's happened a couple of times too. but like you said ogfiend, is it really the recession? i'm coming to think it isn't...

Value is all in what someone is willing to pay for an item. For AM's collection, people know it is from him and they are willing to spend the money. I amsure that some of his rich friends have put some nice donation type bids down as well. I just hope people aren't watching this thinking the price of AF1sis going to jump again.

As for AF1s as a whole, it is time for a market correction. The prices for older AF1s have gotten pretty steep lately and prices that cannot be sustained. But as I said earlier, as long as people are still willing to pay the prices will stay high. Older af1s are staying same/going up/some dipping and newer af1slike the am95 af1s have to be seriously discounted just to get rid of them as you mentioned. For a lot of collectors it was the flavor of the moment, AF1swere the thing so prices go up. Interest faded now prices are going down and people are unloading collections. And for some of the people who were spendingbeyond their means to get the nicer AF1s, they are now broke in the economy and chosing their priorities.

I blame Nike's flood of crap AF1s over the last 2 years for this problem we see. Nike tried to eliminate the reseller and take all the profit forthemselves. What they failed to realize is that the high price market for the older stuff is because of the QUALITY of the older AF1s. Nike is making somestraight colorways this year but I would never touch any of those plastic leather GRs they drop. So now we have new limited AF1 selling for $400-$2000. Brandnew GRs going for $90 and premiums (yesterdays GRs) selling for $125-140. If you ask me, I would be happy paying $125 for a GR that is the same quality as2000-2002 AF1s.

sorry for rambling on.

8tothe24,

that's exactly how I feel. I personally would rather pay 200-300 for older ones cause of QUALITY. Agree with you 10000000%

I blame Nike's flood of crap AF1s over the last 2 years for this problem we see.
It always comes down to this
tired.gif
. That's really onefactor that no one can deny. Guess we'll just see where prices go in future. All I know for now is that I'll be buying and not selling for a while.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

If you ask me, I would be happy paying $125 for a GR that is the same quality as 2000-2002 AF1s.

hell yeah. white base with a nice solid color swoosh/outsole combo or a nice solid color base with a white swoosh/outsole combo. can substitute all whitemidsole/outsole or a white midsole and a gum outsole. do that in quality leather and i'll buy 2 pairs of every release in my size and i'd pay $150 eachno problem.

i'm glad for the decline in the selling prices. i'm pretty much holding onto my stuff so it doesn't affect me that much right now. i'm superpissed that i kept passing on that pair of uenos with a little yellowing. i was gonna go to the store and buy them when i was in japan but i was a little tolazy to find my way there. now it looks like they're sold damnit. if you guys know of anyone that needs cash real bad and wants to come off their uenos.... . should have never sold mine damnit. got them in a trade with allon - they ended up costing me only around $400.

I agree with alot of comments in here about selling. Prices have dropped in AF1s alot. Its not a sellers market but if your buying you can catch some goodstuff. And people with money know this, thats why they lowball even less than your asking price
smh.gif

With all of this being said those blk/ orange jewels were there on eBay forever at a 120 or below and nobody bit. Back then those wouldve been gone in minutes.People just lost interest in sneakers all around. All the credit cards got taken away from mommy and daddy so only a few of us are left. Everyone is unloadingand now there's crap all over the place at rediculously low prices but I can't buy it all. Nike made so much within the last 3-4 years and everythingis everywhere now with no more rich kids to buy with daddys credit card.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

I blame Nike's flood of crap AF1s over the last 2 years for this problem we see. What they failed to realize is that the high price market for the older stuff is because of the QUALITY of the older AF1s. Nike is making some straight colorways this year but I would never touch any of those plastic leather GRs they drop. So now we have new limited AF1 selling for $400-$2000. Brand new GRs going for $90 and premiums (yesterdays GRs) selling for $125-140. If you ask me, I would be happy paying $125 for a GR that is the same quality as 2000-2002 AF1s.
This is just plain truth.....so well said.....

Back
Top Bottom