..:: TEAM AIR FORCE 1 ::.. Official Thread... Vol. 5

navy? damn man. those must be nice and i'll bet they fit me too 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Jah Sonora

Copped these JD's....a grail for me.....

Got both pairs, all I need is the Grey/White pair and that will be the set.....

what about the grey/black pair with the ice soles? werent those part of the pack you talkin about?

Nice blue canvas.

Jah- love those JDs, I still need the Portlands, Wht/Gry and Stealths.

Houston- Nice 99s.  Glacier are on my list and I would happily take a pair of those Nvy/Whts.

Question: O.k. I know this get beaten to death every now and then but I am going to bring it up anyways.  The talk about shoes falling apart the other day and then I ran across an older thread about sneaker care is the reason for this. 

What is the verdict on keeping AF1s with/without the paper in the box? 

That topic was based around Jordan upkeep, which is trickier than AF1s.  I always leave the paper in with the shoes and a silica pack or two stacked up in a dark room.

What is the teams opinion?

And for bringing it up, here is one of my favorite patent AF1s.

354035900.jpg

what about the grey/black pair with the ice soles? werent those part of the pack you talkin about?

Those would be the Stealths

af1_lo_stlth_blk_wht_5.jpg

8tothe24 - i've had pairs that have been sitting in my room basically since '02 or '03 without silica gel or anything and are still perfectly fine. all of my pairs are still wrapped in the paper like they came originally. to be honest i don't think it really matters. i've read some people trying acid free paper and stuff like that and didn't notice a difference at all. as far as one side of a midsole turning yellow, i think that's just a rare anomaly that seems to occur at random without any explanation of why it's happened.
i actually picked up some 2.5 gallon ziplock bags to throw some pairs in, but the more i think about it, the more i think it isn't necessary. well for most of them at least.

Jah, Rookee, Fred & Reg-
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I always take the paper out or leave it on the bottom of the box and not even bother wrapping the shoes with.

BTW, Those that ended on ebay in the link supposed to be Pro Bowl's? If so why does it say 07 instead of 10?

Originally Posted by shawn504

nice pic jah glad i could help u get your grails
My bad....I forgot to give you proper respect, thanks Shawn!

And I forgot about the Stealths....good looks to everyone who remembered them......I never see them around....I will never own a pair.........

First af1 pick up since like last may....
2dm73go.jpg

rlb95k.jpg

You guys would kill me if you knew how little I paid for these...
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Jah Sonora

Copped these JD's....a grail for me.....

Got both pairs, all I need is the Grey/White pair and that will be the set.....
I've always loved these two pairs, the leather quality is pretty dope on them, sweet pickups!

T21Dwrote:
What's up Kev?
Today:
383291222.jpg

Fred, glad to see that the weather has cleared up eh? I guess we just needed to get Jermaine outta town asap..

xilegacywrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NIKE-Air-Force-...ewItemQQptZUS_Men_s_Shoes?hash=item335a790846

smh.gif

Hot dang, you can already tell this dude got freebies and didn't care and/or know any knowledge about them. Who ever got them, got some great steal(s)

Talking about steals, sold these not too long ago to fund a trip, $960 I'd say winner got a steal, considering the fact that he re-listed them for $3k

Originally Posted by OGfiend

2dm73go.jpg

rlb95k.jpg

devil.gif
pimp.gif

IM not a size 10 so you can tell me how much you paid. I wont be mad
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

OGfiend - those are 
pimp.gif

SoLeSuPrEmE - what size were those?!?

Kev, I will speak on behalf of P, since that pinhead couldn't get me in the VIP area of the Jordan Mosaic 23/25 event in Dallas. I've digressed. I'm assuming and I'd say a 12 or 13 (his personal pair)

Originally Posted by T21D

OGfiend - those are 
pimp.gif

Kev, I will speak on behalf of P, since that pinhead couldn't get me in the VIP area of the Jordan Mosaic 23/25 event in Dallas. I've digressed. I'm assuming and I'd say a 12 or 13 (his personal pair)
They were actually 11.5. Sole were those from Reggie Bush?

OGfiend nice pickup. I seen a used pair go for 50 awhile back, but not ds or any box.

Originally Posted by houstonsnk

Originally Posted by OGfiend

2dm73go.jpg

rlb95k.jpg

devil.gif
pimp.gif

IM not a size 10 so you can tell me how much you paid. I wont be mad
laugh.gif
I was going to bid on those as well.
Damn seller didn't wanna ship international
eyes.gif

Those ended for $25 right, they are in much better shape then the pics let out to be.
Congrats on the pickup

entourages for $950... those OGfiend joints for $25...

sometimes, this is what i hate about team af1 thread............

laugh.gif

them pro bowls were a straight steal, why cant i ever find a come up like that??

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Originally Posted by T21D

OGfiend - those are
pimp.gif

They were actually 11.5. Sole were those from Reggie Bush?

OGfiend nice pickup. I seen a used pair go for 50 awhile back, but not ds or any box.
Those were 11.5, if you click on the $960 as above it will take you to the auction details.

Fred, I don't remember the night in quite that manner
laugh.gif

Kazi, no they weren't from the Kim.K.- Reggie Bush auction(s)
laugh.gif
, I don't think that pair had a box though.

What happened was I won them for $29 being the only bidder...the auction said brand new with box but when I got them and examined them, they looked like they were definitely worn once. I guess someone not into shoes wouldnt notice, but I thought I'd be petty and contact the seller about it. He was actually super nice about it and offered me a partial refund of $15....so these cost me $15 technically. I've only gotten steals like this with dunks before, and low-key af1 auctions in my size usually rocket in price at the last second for me.

G to tha A....so nice. 1990? I see they still have more of that 80s style shape than 91-92 releases.

Originally Posted by r3k4hsttub

entourages for $950... those OGfiend joints for $25...

sometimes, this is what i hate about team af1 thread............

laugh.gif
who u tellin homie....i can in here & bam !! i see that nonsense....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HK Feet 27

AF1 enthusiast,

What does the "B" in Air Force 1 B stand for?  Thanks!
I've wondered this too, same with Air Max "B"....  anyone?

houston - glaciers are so clean!

OGfiend - simply beautiful right there. I would love a pair of those in my size.  the little orange details make the shoe, excellent pickup.  and for $15?  robbin' and stealin'.

G to the T - nice white/silver lows, what year are those from?  mid-late 80s i assume?

Thanks guys, they're from 1990.

OGfiend - from the auction pic I saw, they looked worn, but still that's a nice price, props
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom