..:: TEAM AIR FORCE 1 ::.. Official Thread... Vol. 5

I can't stand the newer AF1s. But I want jewels bad, so I will probably have to cop. Hopefully they are premiums, so their leather is at least quarter decent.

those jewels look horrible with the newer shape and soles.

GT- very nice jewels
pimp.gif
1000x better than those samples.

I HAVE THE BEST WIFE IN THE WORLD. My birthday today and what does she lace me with...????

3c226db39f738972966662a5d2acbd70bc5674d3.jpg

Brand new pair of Linens. I can finally cross this off my grail list i made years ago. Glad I married that lady.

If they retro jewels, fine. As long as Nike does not over do it with 30 different versions and they don't retro colorways of the past.

damn with the big sample print on the lining too.....this is pretty shocking, never thought Id see jewels again. Kinda don't want to for some reason.

props on the bespokes for reggie, they came out lookin hot!

some of the recent pickups by you guys has me jealous. those white/black GR's look good to me, ill have to go see em in person i suppose.

any additional info on the retro jewels to come?

it wasn't really just the jewel swoosh that made the good jewels good IMO. it was the shape and the quality of materials. they will never match that again, so to any new jewels, I say no thanks.

workboot highs for $100 is sounding better though. maybe if those get reduced to $70 or so I might be tempted...

Originally Posted by MaZA4eVeR14

The white with black edging AF1s are horrible. Personally I wouldn't even bother.
main reason i didnt get the hamptons and its true with the new jewels, the new shape makes them look awkward.

especially in the second pic, those jewels look junk.

on the other hand, them linens are damn nice. what an awesome wife. skit has a pair in my size but it's in the osaka store. if it was in the store i went to, i would have been all over it. i badly need a second pair of those before they get even harder to find.

saw those jewel samples, denver's on point saying it's not all about the jewel swoosh. shape, materials play a huge part. if they came out in a premium they'd be pretty decent

super nice linen's there. you have found a keeper there

Originally Posted by denverairforce

it wasn't really just the jewel swoosh that made the good jewels good IMO. it was the shape and the quality of materials. they will never match that again, so to any new jewels, I say no thanks.

workboot highs for $100 is sounding better though. maybe if those get reduced to $70 or so I might be tempted...

AMEN!

Jewels had some sublime leather. It was probably one of the best quality leather shoes Nike ever put out. granted I hated them back in 1998, but in hindsight I look at them as a reimagining of a classic.

Hoepfully they at least make some Premium or Supreme Jewels so that the leather will be good. If theyre all GR, then no thanks (unless at a large discount).

speaking of which
foizps.jpg

3rd pair, this one is actually my size
laugh.gif

got them from flightclub, only $125
was going to buy the black/white patent sheed his they had... but it had a white scuff mark on the front... sz 10 too!

Nice linens Cidetrax. Still waiting to tick that of my grail list.

Not impressed with those jewel samples. The ones on the previous pages are waay better. Hopefully they will be at least premiums if they release

Originally Posted by ddouble

Not impressed with those jewel samples. The ones on the previous pages are waay better. Hopefully they will be at least premiums if they release

Dunno if you've noticed bro - but 'Premiums' are getting the pleather/rat-leather treatment too. Either way those Jewels look terrible with new AF1 mold.

Originally Posted by vood99

Dunno if you've noticed bro - but 'Premiums' are getting the pleather/rat-leather treatment too. Either way those Jewels look terrible with new AF1 mold.
I've noticed that as well. They seem to try and hide it by making it more padded. But after seeing those highs with the tumbled leather you can at least have a glimmer of hope if there premiums. If there gr's whch i'm guessing those in the pics are then we are doomed.

Originally Posted by vood99

I've noticed that as well. They seem to try and hide it by making it more padded. But after seeing those highs with the tumbled leather you can at least have a glimmer of hope if there premiums. If there gr's whch i'm guessing those in the pics are then we are doomed.
I was excited about the tumbled leather too, but I got a bad feeling that they're 'stamping' the pleather so that it looks tumbled..
frown.gif

sick.gif
Retro Jewels? That's just no good at all and I hope it won't happen.

That's gonna be just as exciting as any other af1 coming out....which is anything but exciting. In fact, this will only ruin the mystique of jewels. I guess nike is assuming that all they need to do is slap on a jewel swoosh and everyone will be lining up? A jewel swoosh wont save a disaster of shoe, even with better leather...the box shape doesn't work with the jewel. The side panels need to be higher, the toe box and the overall profile need to be rounder.

Back
Top Bottom