TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

^ +1 ... i'm on BIP's path, just a few years behind (younger), it seems. been around for a while - was way into forces in college & law school. put it all on hold for a bit while i got my life in order - career, house, wife, etc. now that i'm "established" i'm getting back into acquiring... though there doesn't seem to be much to acquire these days. guys i used to get shoes from have moved on to different things. used to get some insane deals off of napsize when it wasn't so well known. got some very nice pairs off of yahoo jp before everyone figured out how to use it. i'm happy with what i have now - always looking to add something great to the collection, though. really wish i wouldn't have sold all of my doubles... and a few other select pairs. but that's a different story for a different day.

^ +1 ... i'm on BIP's path, just a few years behind (younger), it seems. been around for a while - was way into forces in college & law school. put it all on hold for a bit while i got my life in order - career, house, wife, etc. now that i'm "established" i'm getting back into acquiring... though there doesn't seem to be much to acquire these days. guys i used to get shoes from have moved on to different things. used to get some insane deals off of napsize when it wasn't so well known. got some very nice pairs off of yahoo jp before everyone figured out how to use it. i'm happy with what i have now - always looking to add something great to the collection, though. really wish i wouldn't have sold all of my doubles... and a few other select pairs. but that's a different story for a different day.

i know exactly what you mean. im not just up and out buying any and everything i see. ive passed on a many of "older" pairs but i didnt like them, so i didnt want them. im also shipping out to the Air Force in 2 weeks, so i will be in basic training and tech school for about 6 - 7 months. going to get my career going and benefits. but my love for shoes wont stop i am sure, but they will be on hold unless i just find a deal no one would pass on.

i know exactly what you mean. im not just up and out buying any and everything i see. ive passed on a many of "older" pairs but i didnt like them, so i didnt want them. im also shipping out to the Air Force in 2 weeks, so i will be in basic training and tech school for about 6 - 7 months. going to get my career going and benefits. but my love for shoes wont stop i am sure, but they will be on hold unless i just find a deal no one would pass on.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Well said BP, I share the same sentiments as yourself... being a NT fossil myself.
Team Paleolithic Era!

One of the things that kills me on these boards is when somebody makes a "I'm getting out the game" post and talks about how he needs to get his grown man fit game on. Anybody who says that is an immature fraud, and all they are doing is playing the same exact game they are playing with sneakers with a higher ante, as they usually go on to chasing gaudy designer gear that is more expensive, but not more, "grown" than Jordans and Polos. Man make the image, image doesn't make the man.

Being "grown" is having the sense to realize that nobody is going confuse being an adult with being the owner of Gucci belt. Being grown is having your situation in order and handling your biz and being confident enough in who you are and proud enough of your actual accomplishments that you can stroll into a party in a pair of sweats and slippers and not feel any less secure in who you as a person.

Like I said, I'm 30+. When I'm in the office, I have a dress code to abide by, and I do so. But, I'm not into "fashion," I'm into certain cultures only, so when I'm at work, I'll grab my slacks, shirts, shoes, etc. from Marshalls or Century 21, or whatever. Nobody mistakes me for not being a grown when I show up to a meeting in $19.99 Haggar slacks.Similarly, on the weekends, when I want to wear some old AF1s, baggy jeans, and a Polo Bear sweater, people around me respect me as an adult as well.Because adults who spend time with adults don't particularly care what other adults wear choose to wear what makes them comfortable/happy without much regard for the next adult's opinion about it. 22-year olds working entry level jobs sporting $500 Louie sunglasses are just their world's version of the kid who shows up to the ball court decked out in brand new Jordan gear who can't hit a lay-up and never heard of Moses Malone. 

Team Fossil knows that outfits don't mature, people do (or don't).

/pulls a muscle in my lower back while attempting to put away the pair I wore to the dentist today.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Well said BP, I share the same sentiments as yourself... being a NT fossil myself.
Team Paleolithic Era!

One of the things that kills me on these boards is when somebody makes a "I'm getting out the game" post and talks about how he needs to get his grown man fit game on. Anybody who says that is an immature fraud, and all they are doing is playing the same exact game they are playing with sneakers with a higher ante, as they usually go on to chasing gaudy designer gear that is more expensive, but not more, "grown" than Jordans and Polos. Man make the image, image doesn't make the man.

Being "grown" is having the sense to realize that nobody is going confuse being an adult with being the owner of Gucci belt. Being grown is having your situation in order and handling your biz and being confident enough in who you are and proud enough of your actual accomplishments that you can stroll into a party in a pair of sweats and slippers and not feel any less secure in who you as a person.

Like I said, I'm 30+. When I'm in the office, I have a dress code to abide by, and I do so. But, I'm not into "fashion," I'm into certain cultures only, so when I'm at work, I'll grab my slacks, shirts, shoes, etc. from Marshalls or Century 21, or whatever. Nobody mistakes me for not being a grown when I show up to a meeting in $19.99 Haggar slacks.Similarly, on the weekends, when I want to wear some old AF1s, baggy jeans, and a Polo Bear sweater, people around me respect me as an adult as well.Because adults who spend time with adults don't particularly care what other adults wear choose to wear what makes them comfortable/happy without much regard for the next adult's opinion about it. 22-year olds working entry level jobs sporting $500 Louie sunglasses are just their world's version of the kid who shows up to the ball court decked out in brand new Jordan gear who can't hit a lay-up and never heard of Moses Malone. 

Team Fossil knows that outfits don't mature, people do (or don't).

/pulls a muscle in my lower back while attempting to put away the pair I wore to the dentist today.
laugh.gif

Heat in here as usual.
I will stop being a cheap $%% here at some point, and start picking up some more AF1's again.

I have been lucking up getting other shoes for retail, so I am getting kind of spoiled. 
laugh.gif

Heat in here as usual.
I will stop being a cheap $%% here at some point, and start picking up some more AF1's again.

I have been lucking up getting other shoes for retail, so I am getting kind of spoiled. 
laugh.gif

Liked these a lot when they came out, though I wish they didn't go with the leather midsole. I like that they look still look good as a casual Friday type sneaker, but they're also kid of uncomfortable - especially to put on and take off. Overall, one of the better recent efforts by Nike though.

Liked these a lot when they came out, though I wish they didn't go with the leather midsole. I like that they look still look good as a casual Friday type sneaker, but they're also kid of uncomfortable - especially to put on and take off. Overall, one of the better recent efforts by Nike though.

I have not stopped staring @ Shawnnny's Purple High pic. That is wild.

XILEGACY -- what size are those Flax's? I wish on everything that they would retro those so I could find an 11-12
frown.gif

That is probably one of my top 3 favorite forces.

XILEGACY -- what size are those Flax's? I wish on everything that they would retro those so I could find an 11-12
frown.gif

Finally, after searching for over 6 years I found a pair...

400375651.jpg

back-lighting is a little bright.

Originally Posted by baby dill

frown.gif

According the 1thology, they releases twice, in '98 and again in '01, but I don't remember for certain. Is that true? I believe so, and I believe the earlier pair was a bit of a lighter shade - or maybe they've just had more time to age. XIlegacy's look to be a bit on the lighter side as well, though it could just be the pic.

Originally Posted by baby dill

frown.gif

According the 1thology, they releases twice, in '98 and again in '01, but I don't remember for certain. Is that true? I believe so, and I believe the earlier pair was a bit of a lighter shade - or maybe they've just had more time to age. XIlegacy's look to be a bit on the lighter side as well, though it could just be the pic.

^correct, two separate releases on that shoe. earlier pair looked to have a slightly lighter upper and a more transparent gum sole.

you should really just get rid of those workboot hi's if they're a 9.5, roberts...

^correct, two separate releases on that shoe. earlier pair looked to have a slightly lighter upper and a more transparent gum sole.

you should really just get rid of those workboot hi's if they're a 9.5, roberts...

^ I have a couple of things I'll probably put in up in the B/S soon - not all AF1s (have to get to 300 posts first). Not sure if those will be included. I'm leaning toward keeping them though. ...I assumed they'd be pretty easy to find, though. Are they not?.

Mine are indeed 9.5 - they are the "Supreme" version - the first release; they were released again later in a less expensive "premium version," if I recall correctly. Mine have been worn about a half dozen times, give or take. 

^ I have a couple of things I'll probably put in up in the B/S soon - not all AF1s (have to get to 300 posts first). Not sure if those will be included. I'm leaning toward keeping them though. ...I assumed they'd be pretty easy to find, though. Are they not?.

Mine are indeed 9.5 - they are the "Supreme" version - the first release; they were released again later in a less expensive "premium version," if I recall correctly. Mine have been worn about a half dozen times, give or take. 

Dope Workboots BIP.

Even better old man rant!

I do, however, have the luxury of being able to wear all of my sneakers to work day in, day out.

Dope Workboots BIP.

Even better old man rant!

I do, however, have the luxury of being able to wear all of my sneakers to work day in, day out.

Back
Top Bottom