TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Originally Posted by m tr4nch

kazi- the silicone oil trick should work with them (worked on my '98 flaxes). if not maybe try acetone first.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that acetone see how it works.

XILEGACY -- what size are those Flax's? I wish on everything that they would retro those so I could find an 11-12
frown.gif

That is probably one of my top 3 favorite forces.

Drew shoes are sz 11 unfortunately it's only pair and my favorite mids so won't be letting them go. Paid only 25 dollars few years ago too, one of my better steals. I know someone that might sell a sz 11 I'll look for the info shoot you pm not as cheap but still a great price.

Those workboots are great probably one of the better releases. Picked up 2 pairs last year at the outlets for 49.99 after sleeping on them, but I guess it worked out in the end. Anyone still looking should try a search with nikefind might get lucky.

kazi- the silicone oil trick should work with them (worked on my '98 flaxes). if not maybe try acetone first.

XILEGACY -- what size are those Flax's? I wish on everything that they would retro those so I could find an 11-12
frown.gif

Drew shoes are sz 11 unfortunately it's only pair and my favorite mids so won't be letting them go. Paid only 25 dollars few years ago too, one of my better steals. I know someone that might sell a sz 11 I'll look for the info shoot you pm not as cheap but still a great price.

Those workboots are great probably one of the better releases. Picked up 2 pairs last year at the outlets for 49.99 after sleeping on them, but I guess it worked out in the end. Anyone still looking should try a search with nikefind might get lucky.

info on silicone oil?
going to suggest it to a buyer.

can I buy it at a grocery store?
I remember you guys posting pics.

info on silicone oil?
going to suggest it to a buyer.

can I buy it at a grocery store?
I remember you guys posting pics.

team mortgage checking in lol. it's all good though. i'm fortunate enough to make enough money to make ends meet and put some on the side and have a little fun too. i wear shorts, t-shirt, fitted cap and sneaks every day pretty much. no shoe "retirement" here but i understand how priorities can change and if i had a kid, i'd probably buy less shoes for myself. i still enjoy getting new stuff but i don't even hunt. couple people on here look out for me pretty well and i always appreciate it.

team mortgage checking in lol. it's all good though. i'm fortunate enough to make enough money to make ends meet and put some on the side and have a little fun too. i wear shorts, t-shirt, fitted cap and sneaks every day pretty much. no shoe "retirement" here but i understand how priorities can change and if i had a kid, i'd probably buy less shoes for myself. i still enjoy getting new stuff but i don't even hunt. couple people on here look out for me pretty well and i always appreciate it.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

frown.gif

Is it really o.k. to use acetone on shoe midsoles?

Originally Posted by xilegacy

frown.gif

Originally Posted by illphillip

Dope Workboots BIP.

Even better old man rant!

I do, however, have the luxury of being able to wear all of my sneakers to work day in, day out.
Envious. Once in a while I'll slip in a dark jean and a subdued pair of AMs of AF1s, but most of the time it's a no-go. ...I actually don't think the sneakers would be a problem - I hurt my ankle last year playing softball - again, something only old men do - and I didn't tell anybody but wore a pair of the black/red huarache burst hybrids for like 2 weeks straight because it was more comfortable than "hard bottoms." But, most sneakers look ridiculous with dress pants, and it's the jeans that would cause a problem if I wore them with any regularity.

Damn luddites! I work for a non-profit, we preach innovation - I wish we were more postmodern with our organizational opinion on dress codes.

Though I also have a side gig at MLB, and there it's a free for all. When I work double shifts, going from one to the other I'll often bring a change of clothes so I can get some extra weekday wear out of some of my favorites!

Originally Posted by illphillip

Dope Workboots BIP.

Even better old man rant!

I do, however, have the luxury of being able to wear all of my sneakers to work day in, day out.
Envious. Once in a while I'll slip in a dark jean and a subdued pair of AMs of AF1s, but most of the time it's a no-go. ...I actually don't think the sneakers would be a problem - I hurt my ankle last year playing softball - again, something only old men do - and I didn't tell anybody but wore a pair of the black/red huarache burst hybrids for like 2 weeks straight because it was more comfortable than "hard bottoms." But, most sneakers look ridiculous with dress pants, and it's the jeans that would cause a problem if I wore them with any regularity.

Damn luddites! I work for a non-profit, we preach innovation - I wish we were more postmodern with our organizational opinion on dress codes.

Though I also have a side gig at MLB, and there it's a free for all. When I work double shifts, going from one to the other I'll often bring a change of clothes so I can get some extra weekday wear out of some of my favorites!

laugh.gif
that team af1 looks to be in a foamposite colourway. good to see it being repped.

roberts, it's the qs version you have that seems to be few and far between. those sold quickly and i had the chance to get them for 80 from an outlet, but no such luck. pm me when you hit 300!

i'm still a student, but i live in canada and we have about 5 months or so where i can wear whatever i want without worrying about snow. everything is retired at the moment.

laugh.gif
that team af1 looks to be in a foamposite colourway. good to see it being repped.

roberts, it's the qs version you have that seems to be few and far between. those sold quickly and i had the chance to get them for 80 from an outlet, but no such luck. pm me when you hit 300!

i'm still a student, but i live in canada and we have about 5 months or so where i can wear whatever i want without worrying about snow. everything is retired at the moment.

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

Liked these a lot when they came out, though I wish they didn't go with the leather midsole. I like that they look still look good as a casual Friday type sneaker, but they're also kid of uncomfortable - especially to put on and take off. Overall, one of the better recent efforts by Nike though.

once you wear these in they're perfect. been my december travel shoe for the past two years and i love them. leather midsole is much better than the second release that used rubber.

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

Liked these a lot when they came out, though I wish they didn't go with the leather midsole. I like that they look still look good as a casual Friday type sneaker, but they're also kid of uncomfortable - especially to put on and take off. Overall, one of the better recent efforts by Nike though.

once you wear these in they're perfect. been my december travel shoe for the past two years and i love them. leather midsole is much better than the second release that used rubber.

Wintertime and BIP's pic got me searching for a pair of Workboot's right now.

I was gunshy when they first dropped because there were so many issues in regards to the sizing. Some people said they fit big, others said true to size.

Wintertime and BIP's pic got me searching for a pair of Workboot's right now.

I was gunshy when they first dropped because there were so many issues in regards to the sizing. Some people said they fit big, others said true to size.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

works for me, i've done it plenty of times. if there's a dirt mark or other mark that regular shoe cleaner or soap/water can't get out, acetone always does the trick. be careful not to get it on the uppers of course. i always use the silicone "shine sponge" on them after to keep the rubber protected.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

works for me, i've done it plenty of times. if there's a dirt mark or other mark that regular shoe cleaner or soap/water can't get out, acetone always does the trick. be careful not to get it on the uppers of course. i always use the silicone "shine sponge" on them after to keep the rubber protected.

nice matrices, steve.
per mr. nadel's request - enjoy:

and 4 pairs that are in my current rotation (chocolates, cones, suede caro's, carbon fibers) - please disregard the work shoes, sweaters, and sweatshirts:

nice matrices, steve.
per mr. nadel's request - enjoy:

and 4 pairs that are in my current rotation (chocolates, cones, suede caro's, carbon fibers) - please disregard the work shoes, sweaters, and sweatshirts:

my post with all of the pics got deleted...? that's odd. don't think there were any "violations" in the post, but i'll try again later, i suppose.
edit:  looks like the post came back.  yuku acting up.

my post with all of the pics got deleted...? that's odd. don't think there were any "violations" in the post, but i'll try again later, i suppose.
edit:  looks like the post came back.  yuku acting up.

Back
Top Bottom