TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

DS atmos
pimp.gif

great pics, everyone - 
kicks4eva - nice shot of the 3m snakes.  it's an '01 release that i definitely like, but one of the few pairs from that year that you can still get anytime, it seems (knock on wood)

steve - fresh atmos!  i really regret moving my ds 10.5, but i got them for cheap, and sold them for way more than i paid... such is the game

mr718 - a couple of pics?!? closer to a dozen, haha.  usually i can't stand bespokes... the busy p's make me want to vomit - but those cement prints are actually pretty hot

here are some more mids that i think are slept on - i actually bought 2 pairs of these NYC super jewels from a guy off of ebay many years ago, but one pair was scuffed up, so i sent it back and kept these.  enjoy:

great pics, everyone - 
kicks4eva - nice shot of the 3m snakes.  it's an '01 release that i definitely like, but one of the few pairs from that year that you can still get anytime, it seems (knock on wood)

steve - fresh atmos!  i really regret moving my ds 10.5, but i got them for cheap, and sold them for way more than i paid... such is the game

mr718 - a couple of pics?!? closer to a dozen, haha.  usually i can't stand bespokes... the busy p's make me want to vomit - but those cement prints are actually pretty hot

here are some more mids that i think are slept on - i actually bought 2 pairs of these NYC super jewels from a guy off of ebay many years ago, but one pair was scuffed up, so i sent it back and kept these.  enjoy:

Originally Posted by MFPearson

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I took so many to submit to the NikeiD Tumblr page, hoping I can get a feature.  Thanks for the compliment.

Originally Posted by MFPearson

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I took so many to submit to the NikeiD Tumblr page, hoping I can get a feature.  Thanks for the compliment.

I just recently scooped those on ebay for $50. I was quite happy.. The description said they were used - and they were, but VERY lightly as far as I can tell. I'll try to file your size in the back of my mind in case I ever stumble across a pair in your size.

8tothe24 - Atmos hurting my feelings! Sometimes I tell myself they're overrated - but then I see a good quality pic, and I'm like, nope - not overrated at all.

MFP - Way to bless the thread recently. The assortment of red lows was appreciated. ...I'm not a huge fan of mids either, but there are definitely a good dozen or so pairs I hold in elite AF1 status. Off the top of my head - Indy Jewels, the black/white and Caro/white patents, pecan and black/white 94s with the "AF1-Mid" on the velcro panel, white/purple jewels, shawnny boy's navy/whites, flaxes

Nadel - I sort of misinterpreted your point last night (told you, I was kinda tipsy!). You're saying that what makes it different is that you can actually approximate the quality of the original with an inexpensive fake because the price points are closer. Meh... it's not as if it really costs LV anything to make their belts either.

My last point on this issue is that if you're going to wear them, wear them to cut grass or work on your car or whatever. It's not as if Mr. Co NEEDS another pair of shoes, so he HAS to wear them. And, it's not as if it's the best quality shoe $35 can buy, so he can just say hey - what do you want, this is the best shoe on the market at this price point. Personally, I'd either file a complaint with my CC, or just take the $35 L and donate them. I'll drop it now.

I just recently scooped those on ebay for $50. I was quite happy.. The description said they were used - and they were, but VERY lightly as far as I can tell. I'll try to file your size in the back of my mind in case I ever stumble across a pair in your size.

8tothe24 - Atmos hurting my feelings! Sometimes I tell myself they're overrated - but then I see a good quality pic, and I'm like, nope - not overrated at all.

MFP - Way to bless the thread recently. The assortment of red lows was appreciated. ...I'm not a huge fan of mids either, but there are definitely a good dozen or so pairs I hold in elite AF1 status. Off the top of my head - Indy Jewels, the black/white and Caro/white patents, pecan and black/white 94s with the "AF1-Mid" on the velcro panel, white/purple jewels, shawnny boy's navy/whites, flaxes

Nadel - I sort of misinterpreted your point last night (told you, I was kinda tipsy!). You're saying that what makes it different is that you can actually approximate the quality of the original with an inexpensive fake because the price points are closer. Meh... it's not as if it really costs LV anything to make their belts either.

My last point on this issue is that if you're going to wear them, wear them to cut grass or work on your car or whatever. It's not as if Mr. Co NEEDS another pair of shoes, so he HAS to wear them. And, it's not as if it's the best quality shoe $35 can buy, so he can just say hey - what do you want, this is the best shoe on the market at this price point. Personally, I'd either file a complaint with my CC, or just take the $35 L and donate them. I'll drop it now.

As a separate point - I know that you can often save a few bucks on a transaction if you process paypal through a bank transfer or your paypal balance, but usually I prefer to pass it through my CC. Once we have a relationship and have a few transactions under our belt, then we can take it from there. But, in my experience, the CC gives you an extra layer of leverage than paypal doesn't - especially with the leverage you forfeit using the gift option.

For those of you who are just bored and waiting for football to start - here's a not-so quick account of a recent issue I had involving paypal and RIF LA.

I just recently had an episode with paypal where RIF LA had sent me a partial refund for a purchase I made a while ago because part of my order wasn't in stock, though it appeared on the website. RIF LA screwed up the refund initally because they didn't process it properly - they just sent me a payment instead of issuing a refund through the initial transaction. Paypal flagged the RIF to me transaction - which was fine. I composed this whole response to the case, complete with forwarded emails from RIF explaining the situation and saying, our bad, I'm sending you a refund of XYZ. RIF didn't respond to the case AT ALL! Fine - they weren't going to contest anything I said anyway. Then, I get a note from PP saying they find on the side of RIF (who really doesn't even have a "side" at all - they WANT to send me money!). So, I compose a friggin thesis of a reply with evidence and everything except MLA-style footnotes, and RIF ignores it - and you find ME in the wrong! ...When I call them up, I ask how you could have read my response and found for them - they tell me, well, the findings weren't based on the responses. No crap, they weren't I said - because it's clear your team didn't even read them... so why did you ask me to waste my time composing it in the first place!

At the end of the day, they tell me I have to call RIF and have them process the refund again, properly. I ask why this is my responsibility - other than the fact that by the process of elimination I seem to be the only competent party in this menage a trois. ...RIF has my money, and you've sided with them. How do I have any leverage in this situation now?... How can I make them send me a refund, after you've ERRONEOUSLY decided this is now THEIR money. And, further, how can I ensure the guy on the phone - presuming he's going to be willing to send me the money after you've already licensed him to steal it - actually processes the refund correctly, seeing as how he already screwed it up once. ...PP, on the other hand, can just read the case, see the evidence, understand RIF's intend and recognize they just made user error in the execution and let the original transaction go through. They actually have leverage. But, they want me to handle it - the one party in the transaction with no power whatsoever.

Well, luckily RIF is a respectable business and the manager who I spoke was quite nice. He apologized profusely and re-submitted the refund properly and I got my money, etc. But, if that was just some dude on the internet, not a real business, PP would have screwed have literally provided that person with the right to steal my money. I was incredulous at how poorly PP handled the situation. Not only did they get it wrong and blatantly miss the intent of BOTH parties in the transaction, but they basically washed their hand's of the situation and relied on my competence and RIF's morals and business ethics to remedy their error. Amateur hour!

So, yeah, PP is on my poop list right now. It's a good idea to make sure you have additional avenues to contest charges - even if it costs you a few extra bucks. Here, if RIF didn't comply, I could have at least went through my CC and asked that the portion of the purchase that wasn't refunded be stopped.

As a separate point - I know that you can often save a few bucks on a transaction if you process paypal through a bank transfer or your paypal balance, but usually I prefer to pass it through my CC. Once we have a relationship and have a few transactions under our belt, then we can take it from there. But, in my experience, the CC gives you an extra layer of leverage than paypal doesn't - especially with the leverage you forfeit using the gift option.

For those of you who are just bored and waiting for football to start - here's a not-so quick account of a recent issue I had involving paypal and RIF LA.

I just recently had an episode with paypal where RIF LA had sent me a partial refund for a purchase I made a while ago because part of my order wasn't in stock, though it appeared on the website. RIF LA screwed up the refund initally because they didn't process it properly - they just sent me a payment instead of issuing a refund through the initial transaction. Paypal flagged the RIF to me transaction - which was fine. I composed this whole response to the case, complete with forwarded emails from RIF explaining the situation and saying, our bad, I'm sending you a refund of XYZ. RIF didn't respond to the case AT ALL! Fine - they weren't going to contest anything I said anyway. Then, I get a note from PP saying they find on the side of RIF (who really doesn't even have a "side" at all - they WANT to send me money!). So, I compose a friggin thesis of a reply with evidence and everything except MLA-style footnotes, and RIF ignores it - and you find ME in the wrong! ...When I call them up, I ask how you could have read my response and found for them - they tell me, well, the findings weren't based on the responses. No crap, they weren't I said - because it's clear your team didn't even read them... so why did you ask me to waste my time composing it in the first place!

At the end of the day, they tell me I have to call RIF and have them process the refund again, properly. I ask why this is my responsibility - other than the fact that by the process of elimination I seem to be the only competent party in this menage a trois. ...RIF has my money, and you've sided with them. How do I have any leverage in this situation now?... How can I make them send me a refund, after you've ERRONEOUSLY decided this is now THEIR money. And, further, how can I ensure the guy on the phone - presuming he's going to be willing to send me the money after you've already licensed him to steal it - actually processes the refund correctly, seeing as how he already screwed it up once. ...PP, on the other hand, can just read the case, see the evidence, understand RIF's intend and recognize they just made user error in the execution and let the original transaction go through. They actually have leverage. But, they want me to handle it - the one party in the transaction with no power whatsoever.

Well, luckily RIF is a respectable business and the manager who I spoke was quite nice. He apologized profusely and re-submitted the refund properly and I got my money, etc. But, if that was just some dude on the internet, not a real business, PP would have screwed have literally provided that person with the right to steal my money. I was incredulous at how poorly PP handled the situation. Not only did they get it wrong and blatantly miss the intent of BOTH parties in the transaction, but they basically washed their hand's of the situation and relied on my competence and RIF's morals and business ethics to remedy their error. Amateur hour!

So, yeah, PP is on my poop list right now. It's a good idea to make sure you have additional avenues to contest charges - even if it costs you a few extra bucks. Here, if RIF didn't comply, I could have at least went through my CC and asked that the portion of the purchase that wasn't refunded be stopped.

^ i had a similar situation happen to me with a japanese ebay seller. bought a pair of "DS" original (not the recent retros...) air total max uptempos in the black/volt colorway (mmm... gatorade air pockets...) for a fair amount of $, and couldn't wait to get them. pictures on ebay looked immaculate, and i figured those were the shoes i was getting. package arrives from japan a week later, i open it up, and the beautiful air pockets are totally deflated and cloudy on both shoes. the soles were literally completely separated from the uppers on both shoes, and were hanging on by the little piece of rubber that overlaps the front of the toe box. the seam on the air max pocket was cracked, hence the flat air pocket. filed a complaint with paypal, sending pictures that i took immediately upon opening the box, along with the time that the shoes arrived at my house, so that no one could accuse me of wearing the shoes. made all of that clear to paypal - yet they still somehow found for the japanese seller. i think the seller and paypal claimed that all of that damage happened during shipping... unreal. anyway, in one of my not-so-proud moments as a punk teenager, i superglued the shoes back together, and re-sold them on ebay to get most of my $ back... haha i was much younger then, and that's not something i would ever do now. but yeah, BIP is correct - paypal can F you pretty hard for no good reason at all, and unless you're dealing with a reputable business, there's nothing you can do about it. so it's good to go through your credit card on paypal, not just your bank account, if you're going to use paypal at all.

more pics to come later today.

^ i had a similar situation happen to me with a japanese ebay seller. bought a pair of "DS" original (not the recent retros...) air total max uptempos in the black/volt colorway (mmm... gatorade air pockets...) for a fair amount of $, and couldn't wait to get them. pictures on ebay looked immaculate, and i figured those were the shoes i was getting. package arrives from japan a week later, i open it up, and the beautiful air pockets are totally deflated and cloudy on both shoes. the soles were literally completely separated from the uppers on both shoes, and were hanging on by the little piece of rubber that overlaps the front of the toe box. the seam on the air max pocket was cracked, hence the flat air pocket. filed a complaint with paypal, sending pictures that i took immediately upon opening the box, along with the time that the shoes arrived at my house, so that no one could accuse me of wearing the shoes. made all of that clear to paypal - yet they still somehow found for the japanese seller. i think the seller and paypal claimed that all of that damage happened during shipping... unreal. anyway, in one of my not-so-proud moments as a punk teenager, i superglued the shoes back together, and re-sold them on ebay to get most of my $ back... haha i was much younger then, and that's not something i would ever do now. but yeah, BIP is correct - paypal can F you pretty hard for no good reason at all, and unless you're dealing with a reputable business, there's nothing you can do about it. so it's good to go through your credit card on paypal, not just your bank account, if you're going to use paypal at all.

more pics to come later today.

^ nice JD's.  the leather on those is so nice.
and nice pics of the PR's, too.  i've never been a fan... 1, because i'm not puerto rican, and 2, because i'm not a fan of logos on the heels of af1's (although i did go through a patent leather af1 phase like 6 years ago, and they all had logos [st. pattys, halloweens, valentines, etc...], but i sold them all long ago).  but the colorway is nice, and your pics look good.

keeping with the mid/NYC theme - another pair of mids with great color, materials, and nice contrast stitching - not necessarily rare, but definitely under appreciated:

^ nice JD's.  the leather on those is so nice.
and nice pics of the PR's, too.  i've never been a fan... 1, because i'm not puerto rican, and 2, because i'm not a fan of logos on the heels of af1's (although i did go through a patent leather af1 phase like 6 years ago, and they all had logos [st. pattys, halloweens, valentines, etc...], but i sold them all long ago).  but the colorway is nice, and your pics look good.

keeping with the mid/NYC theme - another pair of mids with great color, materials, and nice contrast stitching - not necessarily rare, but definitely under appreciated:

There's a pair on eBay in my size that I've been deciding if I want to pull the trigger or not. They'd go good with all my other mids (not the fake ones lol)
Thanks on the pic props I'm new with PS and my canon SLR

Back
Top Bottom