TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

yeah you're definitely right about the swoosh placement. if you look at the '93s, the angle of the side panel seams is much more "dramatic" (for lack of a better term) than the '02s, and even the '98 jewels. certainly makes it a prettier looking shoe. i kind of like the seam going through the swoosh, as well. but that may just be because i like those '93s so much more than the other 2 pairs, ha.

pimp.gif
, damn Matt you killed that page and my heart.  Nice pictures btw, phone camera or camera?  The saturation is on point.

pimp.gif
, damn Matt you killed that page and my heart.  Nice pictures btw, phone camera or camera?  The saturation is on point.

Whoa... picked the wrong discussion to stroll into after getting a little loose at happy hour after a rough day at the office.

Fakes are fake. I don't buy the $20 belt to save buying a $300 belt argument at all. There are plenty of perfectly fine belts one could buy for $20, and there is ABSOLUTELY NO SHAME in owning one - just like there is no shame in owning a pair of Olympias (do they still exist?). But, there is much shame in fronting. Integrity is at the heart of pretty much any culture - and the loss thereof is what killed "the sneaker game." None of this culture would be what it became (the good aspect of it), if fakes were rampant from the giddy up. Love it or hate it, this whole culture is built on the fact that dudes would get tested for their Jordan Vs in 1990, or for rocking a P-Wing sweater if you didn't have the heart and stripes to hold it down. That's what elevated everything this culture represents to the level of iconography it holds - even if you're too young to have experienced it or lived out in the sticks where all of this seems foreign to you. This is the origin of the culture on which you stand, to which you've (perhaps unknowingly) bought in. If I could just buy a bootleg Starter jacket down the block or on the internet, then Starter jackets aren't anything. None of this means anything - we're all just sports memorabilia collectors. So, sell your OG Grapes and buy a piece of parquet from the original Boston Garden instead. You feel me?

Dudes act like copping fakes is analogous to stealing a loaf of bread to feed your family. No - it's the opposite. You're not acting out of necessity - you are fronting... the complete and total opposite of the foundation of the culture.  Not saying the culture is a monolith, but there collectively and organically agreed upon rules - and no fakes is as holy a commandment as any other. Why do we pick the AF1 to hold so sacred - because it has integrity - despite how Nike defiled it and whored it, it has integrity because those who hold it as such hold our passion in defiance of the flash. The AF1 is Nike's soul (no pun intended) - it has the greatest onus of purity of ANY of the Nike models. I don't want to offer a sliding scale of fakes, but fake AF1 apologists who the crucify fake Jordans have it backwards, if anything. I expect the Jordan head to be flash over substance - the AF1 head is a sneakerhead's sneakerhead, so when he deceives it's most invective.

Copping fakes is not stealing a loaf of bread to feed the fam - it's the antithesis of of that analogy - it's a graff writer buying its paint.

Sorry, I don't mean to be so grandiose, but I only really write one way -- like a pretentious jerk.

I need a refill. I'll be back.

BTW, no offense Mr. Co. Even the hardest dude you've ever met has gotten got before - there's no shame in it. This discussion is about my philosophical opinion on the issue.

Whoa... picked the wrong discussion to stroll into after getting a little loose at happy hour after a rough day at the office.

Fakes are fake. I don't buy the $20 belt to save buying a $300 belt argument at all. There are plenty of perfectly fine belts one could buy for $20, and there is ABSOLUTELY NO SHAME in owning one - just like there is no shame in owning a pair of Olympias (do they still exist?). But, there is much shame in fronting. Integrity is at the heart of pretty much any culture - and the loss thereof is what killed "the sneaker game." None of this culture would be what it became (the good aspect of it), if fakes were rampant from the giddy up. Love it or hate it, this whole culture is built on the fact that dudes would get tested for their Jordan Vs in 1990, or for rocking a P-Wing sweater if you didn't have the heart and stripes to hold it down. That's what elevated everything this culture represents to the level of iconography it holds - even if you're too young to have experienced it or lived out in the sticks where all of this seems foreign to you. This is the origin of the culture on which you stand, to which you've (perhaps unknowingly) bought in. If I could just buy a bootleg Starter jacket down the block or on the internet, then Starter jackets aren't anything. None of this means anything - we're all just sports memorabilia collectors. So, sell your OG Grapes and buy a piece of parquet from the original Boston Garden instead. You feel me?

Dudes act like copping fakes is analogous to stealing a loaf of bread to feed your family. No - it's the opposite. You're not acting out of necessity - you are fronting... the complete and total opposite of the foundation of the culture.  Not saying the culture is a monolith, but there collectively and organically agreed upon rules - and no fakes is as holy a commandment as any other. Why do we pick the AF1 to hold so sacred - because it has integrity - despite how Nike defiled it and whored it, it has integrity because those who hold it as such hold our passion in defiance of the flash. The AF1 is Nike's soul (no pun intended) - it has the greatest onus of purity of ANY of the Nike models. I don't want to offer a sliding scale of fakes, but fake AF1 apologists who the crucify fake Jordans have it backwards, if anything. I expect the Jordan head to be flash over substance - the AF1 head is a sneakerhead's sneakerhead, so when he deceives it's most invective.

Copping fakes is not stealing a loaf of bread to feed the fam - it's the antithesis of of that analogy - it's a graff writer buying its paint.

Sorry, I don't mean to be so grandiose, but I only really write one way -- like a pretentious jerk.

I need a refill. I'll be back.

BTW, no offense Mr. Co. Even the hardest dude you've ever met has gotten got before - there's no shame in it. This discussion is about my philosophical opinion on the issue.

nice 98 suede mf, yeah i too notice the difference in the mid panel n swoosh verse the others, its deff has more of a dramatic curve/cut to it
nice ids gld, first pair is really dope, they remind me of another shoe, cant put my name on it at the moment, i cant wait to see those 98 highs when you get them

and dope nycs bip

nice 98 suede mf, yeah i too notice the difference in the mid panel n swoosh verse the others, its deff has more of a dramatic curve/cut to it
nice ids gld, first pair is really dope, they remind me of another shoe, cant put my name on it at the moment, i cant wait to see those 98 highs when you get them

and dope nycs bip

if you buy fakes on purpose, then yeah... cosign on that diatribe you just authored.  however, in this situation, that's not what happened.  he thought they might be real, paid $35 to find out, found out they weren't real, and decided it wasn't worth the hassle to try to get his money back.  so, he is stuck with some fakes, hopefully learned his lesson, and may or may not rock them.  if he does rock them, he won't be "fronting" - he will know exactly what he is wearing, and i'm guessing he won't be proud of it.  nor will he be supporting the fake shoe industry - i'm guessing he, like the rest of us, despises fakes, and had he known before finalizing the transaction... well, he wouldn't have finalized said transaction.
but anyway... back to the pics?  steve - nikon D80 - a good DSLR is a great investment, in my opinion.  i bought it originally because the best camera i'd ever owned was a cell phone camera (which are up to 8+ megapixels now, but back then, i think 3 megapixels was considered amazing), and i figured i'd have lots of stuff to take pictures of in the future (kids, SHOES).  i just use the lens that came with the camera, and the pics generally turn out wonderfully.  i know a lot of people don't like mids... but i have 6 or 7 pairs which i love - here's one of my favorites.  the tumbled leather on these '98 comets is as nice as i've seen on an af1.  enjoy:

if you buy fakes on purpose, then yeah... cosign on that diatribe you just authored.  however, in this situation, that's not what happened.  he thought they might be real, paid $35 to find out, found out they weren't real, and decided it wasn't worth the hassle to try to get his money back.  so, he is stuck with some fakes, hopefully learned his lesson, and may or may not rock them.  if he does rock them, he won't be "fronting" - he will know exactly what he is wearing, and i'm guessing he won't be proud of it.  nor will he be supporting the fake shoe industry - i'm guessing he, like the rest of us, despises fakes, and had he known before finalizing the transaction... well, he wouldn't have finalized said transaction.
but anyway... back to the pics?  steve - nikon D80 - a good DSLR is a great investment, in my opinion.  i bought it originally because the best camera i'd ever owned was a cell phone camera (which are up to 8+ megapixels now, but back then, i think 3 megapixels was considered amazing), and i figured i'd have lots of stuff to take pictures of in the future (kids, SHOES).  i just use the lens that came with the camera, and the pics generally turn out wonderfully.  i know a lot of people don't like mids... but i have 6 or 7 pairs which i love - here's one of my favorites.  the tumbled leather on these '98 comets is as nice as i've seen on an af1.  enjoy:

dope blk suedes......my hunt comtinues...lol...dope stuff guys...
2b9262c1cb0ca0575c53f4bddef06d3896d9e4d9_r.jpg

dope blk suedes......my hunt comtinues...lol...dope stuff guys...
2b9262c1cb0ca0575c53f4bddef06d3896d9e4d9_r.jpg

You guys didn't even understand what I meant

I said this is NOT LIKE BUYING A 20$ BELT TO SAVE BUYING A 300$ BELT.  That is called being a wanna-be and I don't support that

35$ af1s that resemble a 70$ product is way different - honestly

was I unclear?  No comprendo..

Matt you have so many pairs I need >.< - we def have similar taste..  only a couple of us go for mids in this thread

You guys didn't even understand what I meant

I said this is NOT LIKE BUYING A 20$ BELT TO SAVE BUYING A 300$ BELT.  That is called being a wanna-be and I don't support that

35$ af1s that resemble a 70$ product is way different - honestly

was I unclear?  No comprendo..

Matt you have so many pairs I need >.< - we def have similar taste..  only a couple of us go for mids in this thread

Thanks MF
MN - I knew what you meant by it

Enough fake talk. On the other hand, all these OG grails are killing me! My stupid mail lady decided to leave a notice rather than knock on our door and have someone get my package. So no pics from me tonight, gotta wait till in the AM. But theyre coming, this will be my oldest pair yet.

Thanks MF
MN - I knew what you meant by it

Enough fake talk. On the other hand, all these OG grails are killing me! My stupid mail lady decided to leave a notice rather than knock on our door and have someone get my package. So no pics from me tonight, gotta wait till in the AM. But theyre coming, this will be my oldest pair yet.

Originally Posted by MNadel

I forget what year tranch mentioned the midsole shape was integrated

2003 was the transformation year. and yeah, a lot of the shape had to do with the plastic heel reinforcement piece, which went from that spherical shape to just vertical.

lots of heaters in here guys
pimp.gif
nothing really new for me unfortunately. i'm also one of the few who like mids
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MNadel

I forget what year tranch mentioned the midsole shape was integrated

2003 was the transformation year. and yeah, a lot of the shape had to do with the plastic heel reinforcement piece, which went from that spherical shape to just vertical.

lots of heaters in here guys
pimp.gif
nothing really new for me unfortunately. i'm also one of the few who like mids
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom