TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

nice pics, steve - this is what this thread should be.  hopefully nadel will chime in with some rarities.
anyway, keeping it moving - beat wheats, and DS wheats.  i've worn the beaters just about every day for about 3 years now - through rain, snow, mud - you name it.  usually wear them to take the dog out, or do yardwork.  wonder if they would actually fetch anything on ebay... i sure hope not, but i've certainly seen worse pairs sell on there.  enjoy:

nice pics, steve - this is what this thread should be.  hopefully nadel will chime in with some rarities.
anyway, keeping it moving - beat wheats, and DS wheats.  i've worn the beaters just about every day for about 3 years now - through rain, snow, mud - you name it.  usually wear them to take the dog out, or do yardwork.  wonder if they would actually fetch anything on ebay... i sure hope not, but i've certainly seen worse pairs sell on there.  enjoy:

nice red pairs MF, out of those 3 i actually like greeks the best, even tho i would buy those 93s before the other 2 just cause youd probly never see those again, nice wheats too, another pair i plan to own someday

rob offerd me his red greeks, im considering, but id really like a ds pair, he got some other af1s for sale too in a 10.5/11, 02 gums.hustlers etc
and were not gonna think any diff of your collect Co, your building up a dope collection pair by pair, and when learning the af1 game, sometimes you get caught in a fake, esp since theres so many out there

nice red pairs MF, out of those 3 i actually like greeks the best, even tho i would buy those 93s before the other 2 just cause youd probly never see those again, nice wheats too, another pair i plan to own someday

rob offerd me his red greeks, im considering, but id really like a ds pair, he got some other af1s for sale too in a 10.5/11, 02 gums.hustlers etc
and were not gonna think any diff of your collect Co, your building up a dope collection pair by pair, and when learning the af1 game, sometimes you get caught in a fake, esp since theres so many out there

Thank you guys, appreciate it ! Unfortunately, mom and pop shops have totally disappeared here, and i have to admit i've never seen anybody wear these Courirs. By the way, Courir is not what it used to be
tired.gif

Dope wheats MFPearson ! Always loved that c/w.
Here's what i wore today, nothing compared to you guys, terrible phone pic but just wanted to share.
Have a good one NT
chitown.jpg

Thank you guys, appreciate it ! Unfortunately, mom and pop shops have totally disappeared here, and i have to admit i've never seen anybody wear these Courirs. By the way, Courir is not what it used to be
tired.gif

Dope wheats MFPearson ! Always loved that c/w.
Here's what i wore today, nothing compared to you guys, terrible phone pic but just wanted to share.
Have a good one NT
chitown.jpg

pearson and 8tothe24, really dope stuff guys. the shape of those 93 low's is insane, i really want a pair of wearable low's from that era

as for the fakes debate, someone made the right point in saying that it is supporting a bad cause to buy them. however, none of us had a clue without seeing the tag. i wouldn't necessarily throw them away, i don't see that much of a problem wearing them occasionally.

pearson and 8tothe24, really dope stuff guys. the shape of those 93 low's is insane, i really want a pair of wearable low's from that era

as for the fakes debate, someone made the right point in saying that it is supporting a bad cause to buy them. however, none of us had a clue without seeing the tag. i wouldn't necessarily throw them away, i don't see that much of a problem wearing them occasionally.

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

...like in the dark while trudging in the swamp.

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

...like in the dark while trudging in the swamp.

having lots of fun with my dslr today - another thing i haven't used enough lately.  this is one of my top 3 favorite pairs of all time - the colorway (union grey/black), suede, and '98 shape are all so on point.  i would pay just about anything for another pair of these, but a DS pair in my size is very rare.  enjoy:

having lots of fun with my dslr today - another thing i haven't used enough lately.  this is one of my top 3 favorite pairs of all time - the colorway (union grey/black), suede, and '98 shape are all so on point.  i would pay just about anything for another pair of these, but a DS pair in my size is very rare.  enjoy:

Funny story,

I was about to grab a pair of those greek red lows

but that picture matt posted is the EPITOME of the change in shape of the air force 1 from the 90s to the 00s

..and the 02 releases weren't even that off

looks like 93-97 maintained that same shape - I forget what year tranch mentioned the midsole shape was integrated

Funny story,

I was about to grab a pair of those greek red lows

but that picture matt posted is the EPITOME of the change in shape of the air force 1 from the 90s to the 00s

..and the 02 releases weren't even that off

looks like 93-97 maintained that same shape - I forget what year tranch mentioned the midsole shape was integrated

^ mike, the greeks are a really nice pair for a post-2001 release. the leather is great, and the shape is still somewhat reminiscent of the classic af1 shape. if you can get them for a good price, definitely worth grabbing in my opinion. but i agree with you - there's nothing like that rounded back on a vintage af1. the move toward the straight/box shape is truly a shame. recent releases would be so much more appealing with that rounded back, despite the awful materials. if i'm not mistaking, those '02 greeks are the "newest" pair in my entire collection, haha.

more pics to come later.
edit:  i rotated that last pic of the red low's so people can see what mike is talking about.  i wish they were in sequential order, but the jewels are '98, the nylon tongue's are '93, and the greeks are '02.  the pic is at a funny angle (because i rotated it...) but you can definitely see the shape change:

^ mike, the greeks are a really nice pair for a post-2001 release. the leather is great, and the shape is still somewhat reminiscent of the classic af1 shape. if you can get them for a good price, definitely worth grabbing in my opinion. but i agree with you - there's nothing like that rounded back on a vintage af1. the move toward the straight/box shape is truly a shame. recent releases would be so much more appealing with that rounded back, despite the awful materials. if i'm not mistaking, those '02 greeks are the "newest" pair in my entire collection, haha.

more pics to come later.
edit:  i rotated that last pic of the red low's so people can see what mike is talking about.  i wish they were in sequential order, but the jewels are '98, the nylon tongue's are '93, and the greeks are '02.  the pic is at a funny angle (because i rotated it...) but you can definitely see the shape change:

The swoosh placement is different too

seems on the vintage pairs there was a slight arc on the side of the shoe and the swoosh sits atop of it.  Gives the shoe more dimension - hard to explain what I mean lol - but 2001 was definitely the last year I saw this

The swoosh placement is different too

seems on the vintage pairs there was a slight arc on the side of the shoe and the swoosh sits atop of it.  Gives the shoe more dimension - hard to explain what I mean lol - but 2001 was definitely the last year I saw this

yeah you're definitely right about the swoosh placement. if you look at the '93s, the angle of the side panel seams is much more "dramatic" (for lack of a better term) than the '02s, and even the '98 jewels. certainly makes it a prettier looking shoe. i kind of like the seam going through the swoosh, as well. but that may just be because i like those '93s so much more than the other 2 pairs, ha.

Back
Top Bottom