TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Now that more and more "OG" pair owners popping up in the thread, wonder if anyone has this pair?

377801807.jpg

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

Now that more and more "OG" pair owners popping up in the thread, wonder if anyone has this pair?
I can't help you on that one. Can't even say I specifically remember that pair from back in the day,. The only black-on-black jewels I had back in that era were a pebbled leather mid with the NYC logo on the velcro tabs.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

I do not know how old you guys are, but I remember making trips to Bmore in the mid and late 90's to get AF1's. Those were the days.
I was into sneakers in those days, but not from a historical perspective. When I went OT in the late 90's, it wasn't for kicks.
wink.gif
I'm in my 30s, but have lived my whole life in NYC. In the mid-to-late 90s, it was work and/or hustle and cop a fresh pair of kicks every month or so. They were constantly dropping AF1s in simple, classic colorways, so I felt no need to travel outside the 5 boroughs for any of my footwear needs.

...One of the reasons AF1s took off was that it was somewhat affordable to cop a bunch of pairs so you could always match and stay fresh. $65 or whatever - you could cop pairs on the regular, next thing you know you have pretty much every basic color combo down. You couldn't do that with Jordans - they were too expensive and didn't come in as enough colors (an underestimated root of the popularization of fakes, especially in celeb hip hop culture). The AM95 came out in a bunch of colors, but they were twice as expensive as AF1s and a lot of the AM95 colorways were a bit more "exotic" - not your standard 16-Crayola box style all the time.

I can't help you on that one. Can't even say I specifically remember that pair from back in the day,. The only black-on-black jewels I had back in that era were a pebbled leather mid with the NYC logo on the velcro tabs.

I do not know how old you guys are, but I remember making trips to Bmore in the mid and late 90's to get AF1's. Those were the days.
I was into sneakers in those days, but not from a historical perspective. When I went OT in the late 90's, it wasn't for kicks.
wink.gif
I'm in my 30s, but have lived my whole life in NYC. In the mid-to-late 90s, it was work and/or hustle and cop a fresh pair of kicks every month or so. They were constantly dropping AF1s in simple, classic colorways, so I felt no need to travel outside the 5 boroughs for any of my footwear needs.

...One of the reasons AF1s took off was that it was somewhat affordable to cop a bunch of pairs so you could always match and stay fresh. $65 or whatever - you could cop pairs on the regular, next thing you know you have pretty much every basic color combo down. You couldn't do that with Jordans - they were too expensive and didn't come in as enough colors (an underestimated root of the popularization of fakes, especially in celeb hip hop culture). The AM95 came out in a bunch of colors, but they were twice as expensive as AF1s and a lot of the AM95 colorways were a bit more "exotic" - not your standard 16-Crayola box style all the time.

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

wink.gif

I will say this, I would have never thought in a million years that all the shoes I have owned(Jordans, Nike Sig, AF1's etc.) would have taken off in value like they have over the past 10 years.
Not going to lie, I was around all of the "illegal" people in my teenage years, so buying shoes all the time was normal growing up. Trips to Bmore, Philly, and NYC were regular for me.

I can remember owning damn near ever jewel and nyc mid from the 90's. Wearing them into the ground, only to get 5 more pairs ever other month. 

I am 30, so older shoes do not really do it for me anymore, because I actually like to wear all of mine, so anything pre 2005 are normally not in wearable condition, well not in my size.

I have lived in the DC area(northern VA) since 93. So anything that released here has for the most part been easily attainable. I am about 45 min from Bmore, so if I can't find it here, I could always

go there. 

Only thing that irritates me, is the pricing and quality.  GR's were $75 and premiums were $90 5 years ago, now they are $90 and $135? 
indifferent.gif

We should not have to pay that much for a quality AF1. 

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

wink.gif

I will say this, I would have never thought in a million years that all the shoes I have owned(Jordans, Nike Sig, AF1's etc.) would have taken off in value like they have over the past 10 years.
Not going to lie, I was around all of the "illegal" people in my teenage years, so buying shoes all the time was normal growing up. Trips to Bmore, Philly, and NYC were regular for me.

I can remember owning damn near ever jewel and nyc mid from the 90's. Wearing them into the ground, only to get 5 more pairs ever other month. 

I am 30, so older shoes do not really do it for me anymore, because I actually like to wear all of mine, so anything pre 2005 are normally not in wearable condition, well not in my size.

I have lived in the DC area(northern VA) since 93. So anything that released here has for the most part been easily attainable. I am about 45 min from Bmore, so if I can't find it here, I could always

go there. 

Only thing that irritates me, is the pricing and quality.  GR's were $75 and premiums were $90 5 years ago, now they are $90 and $135? 
indifferent.gif

We should not have to pay that much for a quality AF1. 

I've long since "gone straight."

But, I'm conflicted. Really, older shoes are just about all I care about. I cop some Jordan retros, and now even Foams are pretty much done. But, having to worry about shoes cracking, etc. is a headache. I just want to be able to rock and go without much worry. I love the quality of older pairs, and the feel of the OG, but it does get old having to take so much care to just wear your damn shoes. What are you gonna do?... 

I've long since "gone straight."

But, I'm conflicted. Really, older shoes are just about all I care about. I cop some Jordan retros, and now even Foams are pretty much done. But, having to worry about shoes cracking, etc. is a headache. I just want to be able to rock and go without much worry. I love the quality of older pairs, and the feel of the OG, but it does get old having to take so much care to just wear your damn shoes. What are you gonna do?... 

Those black jewels are samples

A pair was on ebay in 2010 and sold for 250 dollars.

Thank you for reminding me of that auction and depressing me

Those black jewels are samples

A pair was on ebay in 2010 and sold for 250 dollars.

Thank you for reminding me of that auction and depressing me

yup. i had no idea those were going to end at that price. i had my snipe set at around $200 and i thought i was gonna win.

yup. i had no idea those were going to end at that price. i had my snipe set at around $200 and i thought i was gonna win.

Cmoney- good video man. Although I don't agree with a lot of Clark Kents choices on the Top 100.
I always love his enthusiasm for Air Force 1s

Cmoney- good video man. Although I don't agree with a lot of Clark Kents choices on the Top 100.
I always love his enthusiasm for Air Force 1s

Anybody get that used size 9 pair of Stash lows that ended earlier tonight? There was only 1 pic and it wasn't great quality. I was trying to lowball bid, but for they ended at about $160. Would wind up being a nice deal if it was just a bad pic and the shoes are in good condition - which I think might very well be the case.

Anybody get that used size 9 pair of Stash lows that ended earlier tonight? There was only 1 pic and it wasn't great quality. I was trying to lowball bid, but for they ended at about $160. Would wind up being a nice deal if it was just a bad pic and the shoes are in good condition - which I think might very well be the case.

Back
Top Bottom