TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Originally Posted by DeNs415

Uhhhh welp....
Un-DS'd un-cocoas for work

pimp.gif
@ the hidden tounge. lol.

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

2. I'm with you as not identifying as a sneakerhead. Everybody I work with knows I love sneakers because I'm constantly getting deliveries. And, most of my friends know that I'm into kicks to some degree. But, other than this forum, I don't have any "sneaker friends." I've never been to a sneaker event of any kind. It's just something I do - one of the many things in which I'm interested and one of the subcultures I'm a part of.
Word to all of this.

I also don't see myself as a "collector" either for that matter. I buy sneakers with the sole intent of wearing them. Agreed with what you said about there being a difference between not wearing an Air Jordan for fear of crumbling and an AF1.

I understand how lovely they look DS in the Box. But if you take care of them, do certain things to limit creasing, you'll get several great wears out of them. I just can't see keeping them in my apartment for display.

I definitely have a ton of DS pairs that I just haven't gotten around to wearing or are doubles/triples. But They will either be worn or sold. Nothing will be kept and not worn.

My NERD Dunks were bought for sentimental reasons (I worked on the first NERD album). But they will be worn.

To me nothing is better than having a fresh pair on my feet.

Everyones different I guess.  I know Ruffin was the same as me and kept the majority of his collection DS.  I'm the type of kid who at 10 years old used to collect action figures and keep them in the box.  Just a lover of things in mint condition.  At one point more than half my forces were worn but with the way my life is I simply don't have places to wear them.  

wassup shizzle! i'm still in japan and have gained 5# easy. haven't even bothered to look for shoes and probably won't even head to skit. too busy eating my way through the convenience stores and bento spots. cold noodles with yamaimo mmmmm.

Originally Posted by MNadel

Everyones different I guess.  I know Ruffin was the same as me and kept the majority of his collection DS.  I'm the type of kid who at 10 years old used to collect action figures and keep them in the box.  Just a lover of things in mint condition.  At one point more than half my forces were worn but with the way my life is I simply don't have places to wear them.  
Yeah. I believe Phil has the luxury of wearing sneakers to work. I do not, so it's hard for me to wear everything as well. But, I do my best.

My dog has now become a diva and is playing hardball in contract negotiations. She is now demanding 2 Pup-eronis per photo shoot, but I'm no sucker. I told her - the kicks are the star of the show, but she's feeling herself and getting her Kardashian ego on. 

Left to right:

White/White/Varsity Red 2001
White/Samba (Year of the Horse) 2002
White/Red Jewel Mid 1996
"Valentines Day" Mid 2004
White/Varsity Red High 2003
White/Varsity Red High SC 2000
Vars Royal/White/Vars Red "All Star Game" 2006

so 2 years ago a girl of mine saw the blueprints I wore on a date and couldn't get enough of them.  I don't know about you guys but girls have always been real fond of my air forces and have openly stated to thinking Jordans are ugly and for high school kids.  Don't hate me thats what they say.

Anyway I always promised her I'd find her a ds pair of blueprints and a few weeks ago I did.  I'm not even with this girl anymore but weve stayed in contact and I told her about it.  It feels good to spread the word of vintage air forces so I was happy with doing the deed.  In return she said I could bang her wearing them and I can post a pic in the niketalk chicks and kicks section haha

The SHAPE of those white on whites.... also just knowing how the leather is compared to now, it's just sickening. I remember back when getting white-on-whites was like getting a pair of Jordan XI's. You had to be out and ready to get your size the day they dropped or know a couple of good spots and if you slept, that's it, no white on whites for another 6 months for you. I'd so much rather have it like that again with a good shoe than to have it available continuously when it looks like crap. Like, now they don't look appealing sitting on the shelf, let alone unDSed.

let my buy those white on whites. tht NIKE AIR is nuts, didnt know they put that on pairs as late as 01? interesting

Sweet white on whites.

That 2001 pair has to be the latest of any AF1 to use that NIKE AIR font on the heel tab, right? When did they stop doing that otherwise and switch over? It wasn't exact. The transition must have started in 95 or 96. I know, for example, my ivory snakeskins from '96 have it, but then I have other pairs from '96 that don't. So, at some point, they were doing both concurrently. ...Was it my factory, which models got which treatment? Did they switch over on the highs and lows at the same time (I don't think so). And, then why do these lows pop up in 2001 with that heel tab design, out of nowhere?

Those white/whites are absolutely crazy.  I linked them to a few heads on here and everyone slept.  I totally forgot about you Matt but i'm glad you came up with them.  The nike air is completely random for a 2001 release - I was surprised by it too.  The leather looks wet its so buttery.

The only white/white I can think of that compares with those are these 2000 joints I got for 60$ on ebay last year.  They have a stitched swoosh, tumbled leather on the tongue and swoosh.  The heeltab has a swoosh and "air". 

There is also a 1993 white/white that is completely pebbled leather with NIKE AIR on the heel.. but i've only seen them ds in sz 7.5

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

The SHAPE of those white on whites.... also just knowing how the leather is compared to now, it's just sickening. I remember back when getting white-on-whites was like getting a pair of Jordan XI's. You had to be out and ready to get your size the day they dropped or know a couple of good spots and if you slept, that's it, no white on whites for another 6 months for you. I'd so much rather have it like that again with a good shoe than to have it available continuously when it looks like crap. Like, now they don't look appealing sitting on the shelf, let alone unDSed.

PanaRetro - I steadfastly maintain that the retro junk on the shelves these days are nothing more than repackaged fakes.

thanks, everyone... got a really good deal on those, because i bought them at the same time as these '99 white/light zen grey's, and the seller gave me a nice discount.  swooshes & heel tabs are suede:
dsc0211gh.jpg

dsc0212yk.jpg

dsc0213hq.jpg

those 2001 white/white happen to be a size 12? I was watching a pair on the bay that went for a steal, i wasn't near a computer when it ended

nice derek! wonder why your box is so big... mine is normal size. strange. i see that this is one of the few pairs that you are keeping DS - they are certainly pretty, but i'm sure you just haven't gotten around to wearing them yet. 
can't believe both the zen grey's and white/whites sat on ebay for a couple of days before i bought them, especially with the lack of quality vintage pairs in my size - but obviously, it worked out well for me. the seller is really cool though - i bet someone could get those '01 white/royal blues for a lot less than they're listed for. i'd go for them, but i have my eye on something else at the moment...

Back
Top Bottom