TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

as per the usual, i go .5 down from my size in air max (90s, 95s) whenever buying forces. can't see that the snake would be different. just pulled the trigger on a monochrome all snake upper. seriously irks me that premium or pebbled leather was not an option.

on a side note, does anyone have the pic of the women's pairs with the red snake eyestays? think they were samples?

thanks Mike, im looking on pulling the trigger on a monochrome all snake upper as well is why I ask.

Deliveries this week

Been looking for the right pair of these at the right price for a little bit. One of the all time best combinations of quality, materials, and colors, IMO

Last edited:
any idea if one should go tts or .5 size up with an all snake skin print upper on the IDs?

Honestly bro, I'd go TTS with Forces unless they are the NL (no liner) versions. Depending on the types of materials used, AF1s can be about 0.25 too big or 0.25 too small so that's why TTS is best.

Deliveries this week

Been looking for the right pair of these at the right price for a little bit. One of the all time best combinations of quality, materials, and colors, IMO

Dope pickups BIP!

How do the 'Sheed HIs feel on the feet in general? Nike runs two kinds of patent - the thicker, pliable kind found on '96 to '03 shoes and from '04 upwards a stiffer, thinner patent that can be uncomfortable.

The leather and overall quality of the brown joint is incredible - if you ever spot a 10 send me a note! :smile:

Honestly bro, I'd go TTS with Forces unless they are the NL (no liner) versions. Depending on the types of materials used, AF1s can be about 0.25 too big or 0.25 too small so that's why TTS is best.

I do hear that IDs run a little big but for the most part I have to agree. The navy/orange mids I went a half size down and they're kinda too narrow. I can rock em, but god help me if I wanted to tie the laces on them. Other forces I have I wish I went down half a size while I have some that fit perfect. You just never know what you're getting, so better to get your true size and just wear 2 socks if necessary.

Dope pickups BIP!

How do the 'Sheed HIs feel on the feet in general? Nike runs two kinds of patent - the thicker, pliable kind found on '96 to '03 shoes and from '04 upwards a stiffer, thinner patent that can be uncomfortable.

The leather and overall quality of the brown joint is incredible - if you ever spot a 10 send me a note! :smile:

Will do, bro.

I find the Sheeds pretty comfortable. I have these, the white/caro highs, and the classic black/white highs. IIRC, the blacks are '01, the whites '02, and the navys '03. So, the quality hadn't taken a nosedive. They also all have nice, plush liners. The blacks and whites have the thick cotton liner with the sort of quilted pattern to it. The navys the standard thick cotton.

Also, forgot about these. Once I hit these with the retrobrite, they'll be killers. 1996.

Yeah - 2000 chocolate/straws.

8tothe24 can really hurt feelings - he's got like triples of them or something.

I do hear that IDs run a little big but for the most part I have to agree. The navy/orange mids I went a half size down and they're kinda too narrow. I can rock em, but god help me if I wanted to tie the laces on them. Other forces I have I wish I went down half a size while I have some that fit perfect. You just never know what you're getting, so better to get your true size and just wear 2 socks if necessary.

Yeah Pana, the standard AF1 is one of the few joints that fits consistent regardless of when or where it's made in.

Thanks for the input on my question of the sizing with the snake print IDs. But I wont be having to worry about it. Saw the samples today at my local Nike store and that snakeskin material is not worth paying the ID price in my opinion. Ill be passing.

Thanks for the input on my question of the sizing with the snake print IDs. But I wont be having to worry about it. Saw the samples today at my local Nike store and that snakeskin material is not worth paying the ID price in my opinion. Ill be passing.

That's the second cautionary testimony I've heard like that. I think I'll hit up the NYC NT and check it out myself before dong any ordering.

Will do, bro.

I find the Sheeds pretty comfortable. I have these, the white/caro highs, and the classic black/white highs. IIRC, the blacks are '01, the whites '02, and the navys '03. So, the quality hadn't taken a nosedive. They also all have nice, plush liners. The blacks and whites have the thick cotton liner with the sort of quilted pattern to it. The navys the standard thick cotton.

Also, forgot about these. Once I hit these with the retrobrite, they'll be killers. 1996.

Last edited:
They're not DS - but they're in quite good shape. Another pair that looked better in person than in pics. ...I'm a big fan of taking chances like that. A lot of times, just a quick cleaning will revive things.

And, if you're interested, solecuts, I'm sure I'd be able to find something of yours to trade for! 8)

...Haven't posted these samples in a while. These used to be Jeremy's. I don't think I've seen another one of these though.

Last edited:
'95 flax/flax-black:

'96 off white/midnight navy:

the jewels look much blue-er in bright light, but it's dreary here today. i'll try again another day. more to come later on...

dope jewel mid's!

matt, those always remind me of the blue nyc superjewel's... i've missed them twice and seen them go for steals out of my size range. heartbreaking.

Nice pairs, Matt.

I've been looking at a pair of those Flax/blacks, but they're not cheap and I can't get a really good idea of their condition from the pics I have. I'll probably pass and then regret it.

I'd really love some pecans though, or currys, whichever the actual CW is.

Back
Top Bottom