TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

definitely regret selling .. :smh:

Last edited:
as i commented in another thread, the contrast in quality between older and newer forces is pretty eye-opening. i wore some IDs recently after wearing a week of vintage forces and was so disappointed in how much cheaper the IDs felt. couple of things to note: 1) the shoes feel flimsy. it really is as if you're wearing a cardboard upper. feels very thin and it's as if there's so much less padding. i've even gotten a small blister from one pair. 2) they're getting really tricky at making the leather seem decent. that is, until you wear them for a few and notice the horrible and unnatural creases. normal creasing is one thing, but these creases develop where there really shouldn't be creasing. irritating. 3) they feel very stiff. almost feels like the shoe is not flexing at all as i walk. 4) we don't even need to discuss this but the shape :frown: like wearing the shoe box and not the shoe :frown:

can't agree more kev. i moved away last august and the only pair i brought with me are my purple high's. at one point i thought it would be a good idea to get some white/white for the sake of having a pair, and couldn't bring myself to spend any amount of money on them.

Anyone have any AF1 clothes? Shirts,etc... new or vintage

Lets see some pics. Be interesting to see what is out there

Ill try to dig some out and flick

the only af1 shirts i have were bought at niketown harajuku 2 years ago. the damn japanese fit is killing me. shirts are xl but fit like a tight medium. i'll try and dig one out tonight.

only if nike would release the jewel series with that late 90s tumbled quality leather. copped any pairs

I have this T shirt in White and Black, unworn but both are too big for me.

I think I have XLs.

Lemme know....

Heads up. The Sneaker Freaker pics are from the Air Force 1 Anthology site that no longer exists.
A lot of the pics appear to be photoshopped to give a close rendition of what the actual release
looked like. It's not always exactly right. There are some pairs that were jewels, but they display
a regular swoosh on Sneaker Freaker.
G Raider gave a good example. Here's another example:

1. The color released was not Medium/Legend Blue as Sneaker Freaker shows, it was Medium Grey/Columbia Blue
2. The shoes released did not have a gum sole.
3. The shoes released did not have yellow stitching.
4. The shoes released did not have a white inside.

Reminds me of this pair from the AF1 archive that I came across at the archive building on the Nike campus. The had all retros made to look like the originals.

Working in the archives seems like the dream job for a nerd like me. Of course, it'd be so annoying that there's no evidence of a lot of the earlier years of the brand to go on.

Yeah - it's wild that it's so incomplete and that they made so many errors.

The spruce suedes came out looking nice though.

We certainly have a more complete anthology of the AF1 between us than Nike does.

True story - a dude I know who is heavy into North Face was dating a girl who was a senior manager or whatever at the TNF store downtown. He and his friends would often come in wearing crazy vintage pieces. One day he came in when corporate was there for a meeting and his girl introduced him to some of their higher-ups. The company basically didn't have originals for a lot of old pieces and they tried to get my dude to sell them back stuff out of his personal collection - presumably so they could retro stuff, I guess. Dude refused their offers though.

Last edited:
i need to make some room in my closet... if anyone wants anything i have (mostly size 10.5 and 11, with some size 10 pairs sprinkled in there) please hit me up - i'd rather not sell to randoms on ebay.

my red jewel mids:

14mnb6.jpg

and my goldenrod jewel lows:

2r5gisx.jpg

I don't know if I qualify but I'd like to get a list of what you're looking to get rid of in a 10.5

Ohh, MFP - if those goldenrods were a 9 or 9.5, you'd have a choice between my and doodadee's first borns.

Last edited:
why are the goldenrods and carotenes so damn hard to find in comparison to the reds?

odd colors? yellow and orange wasn't as popular as red. Those most likely went on clearance and the owner probably made them into beaters would be my guess.

I traded my second pair of Carotenes to kicks4eva for a pair of those white, navy, and 3M FA exclusive jewel mids. I still think it was fair, since both are pretty hard to come by, and at the time I didn't have the mids. I've since added a second pair of those, and now I have two of those and one of the carotenes. Would prefer to have two carotenes and one of those, but, hey, #BIPProblems.

To my recollection, the distribution patterns of AF1s were kind of weird. I'd wager that if today's terms were en vogue back then, all three of those pairs would have been considered "limited." I feel like a lot of the bolder colors weren't really available at a lot of mom and pops, but were rather carried by chains. And, remember, at that time the big chains held less marketshare than they do now, so there were that many fewer locations for each. It's quite possible that only a small portion of retailers got any of those three pairs, and who knows how many of each. On the few occasions I was able to talk my way into mom and pop basements in the early 2000s, I actually saw fewer AF1s overall than I had expected. Lots of tailwinds and Air Flares, FWIW.

As far as odd colors you, you might think that that would actually increase the likelihood of there being lots of them around many years later, because few people wanted them when they came out. Pretty much 99% of pairs that were actually sold became beaters - no matter what color we're talking because people weren't really preserving AF1s. That was even one of the draws of the AF1 - it was cheap enough for daily beating.

It may have just been a thing that one didn't sell all that well, so fewer were made of the next color, etc. But, it could also be that their availability was somewhat limited. I remember that several of the NYC pairs were only available at Foot Lockers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom