TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

$40 is all fine, but homie wants $180 for them. I've seen plenty of AF1s that have very nice condition uppers and the sole is rubbed to hell. I don't have any clue what condition the soles are in... but, a picture would've helped. I just view a shoe as a shoe, it is meant to be in contact with the ground and if the sole is beat, you know the air sole is beat. But like you said, if you really want a gem, then have at it. Just saying, dude is charging 180 without a full picture set, he is tripping if he thinks he will even get half that. There was a pair of size 10 Mushrooms that sat on ebay for about 2-3 years, the uppers were very nice but the soles were burnt to shtick and dude wanted like 400 for them. It is what I always say, a pair of AF1s are only worth what a person is willing to spend.
I thought you were talking about my recommendation that Mr. Co take a shot on the cheap bisons. But, re: the courirs, well, first of all, it looks like they may have sold because they're not up there anymore. But, regardless, gusto isn't some random ebay seller. He's a pretty established and trusted guy. So, if anybody wants to see more pics or has questions should have just contacted him.
ah I see.  And I'm talking about sellers in general.  Never dealt with gusto, so I can't talk on that.  And I've asked plenty of sellers to see more pics, usually the first thing I do (and anyone spending money on used items should do) if seriously interested.  I had more than several say no way to the request- total red flag.  But I'll say it again, they're only worth what you're willing to spend on 'em.  Just me though, if you guys have a system that works for you- more power to you.  As long as we are all happy with the products we pick up it's all good.  My only advice is to know what you're getting before you buy it.

^^ and damn Mike, you continue to kill it.  Those blk/green high canvas are amazing.
Agreed on all accounts. The market for AF1s is pretty fluid because there isn't a constant supply of them to force price stabilization. So, the market almost gets reset every transaction. The question is how badly the buyer wants them, because in a lot of cases it isn't like he can just pass on one offer and easily find another pair elsewhere.

I recently passed on a pair of '96 Olympic lows because I kind of balked at the price. Then, I reconsidered because I thought about how infrequently I see them. I said, screw it, I may be overpaying, but the alternative isn't a cheaper pair in the next few weeks, the alternative is most likely not owning them and not knowing when I'll see them again. So, I tried to buy them, but they were already sold. Now, I kind of regret not pulling the trigger even though I didn't think I was getting a good deal. ...I think that's a perfect anecdote as to how the market for rare vintage stuff goes.

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

$40 is all fine, but homie wants $180 for them. I've seen plenty of AF1s that have very nice condition uppers and the sole is rubbed to hell. I don't have any clue what condition the soles are in... but, a picture would've helped. I just view a shoe as a shoe, it is meant to be in contact with the ground and if the sole is beat, you know the air sole is beat. But like you said, if you really want a gem, then have at it. Just saying, dude is charging 180 without a full picture set, he is tripping if he thinks he will even get half that. There was a pair of size 10 Mushrooms that sat on ebay for about 2-3 years, the uppers were very nice but the soles were burnt to shtick and dude wanted like 400 for them. It is what I always say, a pair of AF1s are only worth what a person is willing to spend.
I thought you were talking about my recommendation that Mr. Co take a shot on the cheap bisons. But, re: the courirs, well, first of all, it looks like they may have sold because they're not up there anymore. But, regardless, gusto isn't some random ebay seller. He's a pretty established and trusted guy. So, if anybody wants to see more pics or has questions should have just contacted him.
ah I see.  And I'm talking about sellers in general.  Never dealt with gusto, so I can't talk on that.  And I've asked plenty of sellers to see more pics, usually the first thing I do (and anyone spending money on used items should do) if seriously interested.  I had more than several say no way to the request- total red flag.  But I'll say it again, they're only worth what you're willing to spend on 'em.  Just me though, if you guys have a system that works for you- more power to you.  As long as we are all happy with the products we pick up it's all good.  My only advice is to know what you're getting before you buy it.

^^ and damn Mike, you continue to kill it.  Those blk/green high canvas are amazing.
Agreed on all accounts. The market for AF1s is pretty fluid because there isn't a constant supply of them to force price stabilization. So, the market almost gets reset every transaction. The question is how badly the buyer wants them, because in a lot of cases it isn't like he can just pass on one offer and easily find another pair elsewhere.

I recently passed on a pair of '96 Olympic lows because I kind of balked at the price. Then, I reconsidered because I thought about how infrequently I see them. I said, screw it, I may be overpaying, but the alternative isn't a cheaper pair in the next few weeks, the alternative is most likely not owning them and not knowing when I'll see them again. So, I tried to buy them, but they were already sold. Now, I kind of regret not pulling the trigger even though I didn't think I was getting a good deal. ...I think that's a perfect anecdote as to how the market for rare vintage stuff goes.

Nadel - o yes lol
grin.gif
. I got 2. Bought an 11 and a 11.5. The 11.5 is up for sale. Trying to make my pair cheaper

Wished I was a 9.5 right now. There's a nice pair of icecubes on the bay

EDIT - 11.5 sold, my pair was free. so even the quality aint even the candle stand that holds the candle that holds the light, they were free
roll.gif

Nadel - o yes lol
grin.gif
. I got 2. Bought an 11 and a 11.5. The 11.5 is up for sale. Trying to make my pair cheaper

Wished I was a 9.5 right now. There's a nice pair of icecubes on the bay

EDIT - 11.5 sold, my pair was free. so even the quality aint even the candle stand that holds the candle that holds the light, they were free
roll.gif

OMG @ those black n green canvas sick pick up bro

n who in there right mind would pay $400 for '11 concords, smh he coulda got himself some ogs or 01s with that money

OMG @ those black n green canvas sick pick up bro

n who in there right mind would pay $400 for '11 concords, smh he coulda got himself some ogs or 01s with that money

Black/green canvas highs are fire!

Speaking of AF1's and prices, there's a really clean pair of size 12 white/silver highs from 1983 DS with box on yahoo jp but the seller is asking 78000 yen, which is around $1000...no way jose. I'd love to get it but not for that price
frown.gif

Black/green canvas highs are fire!

Speaking of AF1's and prices, there's a really clean pair of size 12 white/silver highs from 1983 DS with box on yahoo jp but the seller is asking 78000 yen, which is around $1000...no way jose. I'd love to get it but not for that price
frown.gif

My ID's finally came in, the joints on the ends are suede while the joints in the middle are boot leather.

The midsole on all four are sail, still debating if I want to keep them. The suede is a bit cheap but the

booth leather is on point. Anyway, still looking for Brown Nike AF1 Workboots in size eight-half and

both Brown Nike AF1 Duckboots in the same size. If anyone know where's I can find a pair, please

PM me. It'd be greatly appreciated, y'all have a great holiday!

My ID's finally came in, the joints on the ends are suede while the joints in the middle are boot leather.

The midsole on all four are sail, still debating if I want to keep them. The suede is a bit cheap but the

booth leather is on point. Anyway, still looking for Brown Nike AF1 Workboots in size eight-half and

both Brown Nike AF1 Duckboots in the same size. If anyone know where's I can find a pair, please

PM me. It'd be greatly appreciated, y'all have a great holiday!

Maaaaaan. Been after the green canvas for a while now to complete the set.

Anybody know if there are any other Black / ____ Canvas Highs that I don't know of?

-- Black / Red
-- Black / Royal
-- Black / Green

Maaaaaan. Been after the green canvas for a while now to complete the set.

Anybody know if there are any other Black / ____ Canvas Highs that I don't know of?

-- Black / Red
-- Black / Royal
-- Black / Green

black/blue canvas highs got swooped up off the bay a few weeks ago but there's some black n white 95' canvas lows 

black/blue canvas highs got swooped up off the bay a few weeks ago but there's some black n white 95' canvas lows 

i had the chance to get some lightning mids from my friend from school for $25..he wore them a few times and didnt know what he had lol

never ended up getting them..still regret it and it was like 3 years ago

i had the chance to get some lightning mids from my friend from school for $25..he wore them a few times and didnt know what he had lol

never ended up getting them..still regret it and it was like 3 years ago

Back
Top Bottom