TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by s dubl

Haha...this guy Andrew is throwing salt in wounds with that doubles pick of those Red/White/Blue Bursts.

Those Grey/White bursts look great. Glad Fam ended up with em.

112s are
smokin.gif

Happy Monday Fam
ohwell.gif
haha it's all good if you're referring to me, I actually have those navy/reds now (whew!) but I think the pair in the pic I posted isroyal and not midnight navy. that's what I always thought, anyway. so, somewhere out there, there's a pair almost identical to the ones Andrew justposted, but bright blue instead of navy.

but hey while we're at it, might as well make it 3 for the page:

by the way, the style number for the bursts I posted before is 604041-166, I'll check the color code on my navy/reds when I get home, but it should bedifferent.

double edit: Andrew, JUST realized there are TWO different pairs of these, one with white upper and one with gray upper. I definitely need the gray upper pairstill, those are sick!

Originally Posted by battleground03

I love seeing Burst with those humongous air bubbles. "%@@ so fat you can see it from the front" type of stuff
happy.gif
laugh.gif
exactly!

thanks for posting the pic of the iD's too, Chris.

Originally Posted by battleground03

Hey Kev you sure they weren't taken when your ride got broken into? I remember you telling me that they took that Undftd hat I got you.

damn that's right. i was breaking up with my gf and i had 20 of my best caps, some t-shirts, a $800 acronym jacket and a cd with a bunch of nude pics andvids that this chick sent me. i was most devastated about losing that cd
laugh.gif
come to think of it, those shoes might have been in that bag
mad.gif

Loving all the Burst pics on this page. One of my favourite AM's

The thing that bugs me more than toebox shape on recent 87's, is the kind of swooping mudguard that is clearly present on that West pack pair. The iDsample pic from CT seems to have it a bit too, if not to the same extent. Then if you look at the new Patta pair, that line of the mudguard is straighter. Am ibeing picky or does anyone else feel that way?

Nice find! I want those badly and never saw a sz 14. But I ordered way to many ids and I want to pick up a canon 430 EX II flash. No Bueno
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by denverairforce

haha it's all good if you're referring to me, I actually have those navy/reds now (whew!) but I think the pair in the pic I posted is royal and not midnight navy. that's what I always thought, anyway. so, somewhere out there, there's a pair almost identical to the ones Andrew just posted, but bright blue instead of navy.

but hey while we're at it, might as well make it 3 for the page:

by the way, the style number for the bursts I posted before is 604041-166, I'll check the color code on my navy/reds when I get home, but it should be different.

double edit: Andrew, JUST realized there are TWO different pairs of these, one with white upper and one with gray upper. I definitely need the gray upper pair still, those are sick!
Oh ya. Forgot you grabbed those off e-bay. They're soooo super clean!! I've beat the hell outta mine playin tennis before I realizedthey were going to destroy the Air Burst in all future releases. The pair I have with the grey upper are much much cleaner. I'll keep an eye out for apair in your size.

Didn't realize the ones you posted have a brighter blue on em. Never seen those for sale either. Very very nice! Nowthere's yet another Burst I'll never find. Thanks a lot! lol

KVN- hit me up if you can rock 15s....I have some interesting stuff I'd like to off.

Originally Posted by UKBased

The thing that bugs me more than toebox shape on recent 87's, is the kind of swooping mudguard that is clearly present on that West pack pair. The iD sample pic from CT seems to have it a bit too, if not to the same extent. Then if you look at the new Patta pair, that line of the mudguard is straighter. Am i being picky or does anyone else feel that way?
that's the first thing that i noticed, the midsole looks chunky, the heel is hanging out over the midsole, the mudguard....come onnike...
smh.gif

unless something changes, i don't think i'll be doing more than 2-3 pairs.
tired.gif

anyways....what up FAM!! hope everyone had a great weekend...

...lots of great stuff posted, aside from the C3PO's
laugh.gif
, loved itall!

Jake - everything is sounding good for the show, can't wait!

wore these yesterday to see the giants finally pull a win out.....barely...
grin.gif

Andrew - yeah if I ever see those royal/red/whites i'm going IN haha. one day...

in other news, came across these on the auction site, never seen them before. they appear to be a vintage air max 87 in the red/grey/white colorway but with ablue sole and accents. any info? could they be fakes?

Deb11-17EB101.JPG

Deb11-17EB102.JPG

Deb11-17EB105.JPG

Dope Burst action! Those greys are super sweet.

For some stupid reason I really thought they were gonna come good on those iDs. I really genuinely thought that it was all gonna come together and we couldall have a moment of rejoice. Clearly not to be... no disrespect to anyone who has already ordered - I sincerely hope that you are happy with the finalproduct - but seriously, the shape looks awful to me. So bad in fact that if that really is going to be the shape of the shoe I'm straight up notinterested.

With care (and Justin heads up PMs
laugh.gif
) you can find truly great AM 87sfor $125 DS or lightly used. None of this crappy shape/!%#$#% materials business. They're meant to be sleek and streamlined, not look like clogs. I knowwhat I'd rather spend my money on.

^ not meaning to take away from your thoughts, but this is what the 3rd scare on these 87s where people are freaking out and thinking they are going to betotal crap? I know this is supposedly an actual picture but I am reserving my judgment until I have my pairs in my hands. it all just seems a bit reactionaryto me... anyhow, just my take. and I'm generally a total pessimist
laugh.gif
. what I do know is that these Pattas are VERY different from the recent QS release (wish I could do some nice compare shots
frown.gif
) and I'm quite curious as to which the iDs will resemble more.

Originally Posted by danloveuk

Dope Burst action! Those greys are super sweet.

For some stupid reason I really thought they were gonna come good on those iDs. I really genuinely thought that it was all gonna come together and we could all have a moment of rejoice. Clearly not to be... no disrespect to anyone who has already ordered - I sincerely hope that you are happy with the final product - but seriously, the shape looks awful to me. So bad in fact that if that really is going to be the shape of the shoe I'm straight up not interested.

laugh.gif
) you can find truly great AM 87s for $125 DS or lightly used. None of this crappy shape/!%#$#% materials business. They're meant to be sleek and streamlined, not look like clogs. I know what I'd rather spend my money on.
you're right, but that's one funky pic of one sample pair. I'll wait and see how they look when they get here. if I'm not happywith them, I'll just return them, no big deal. then i'll take that money and get some older heat
smile.gif

by the way, did somebody just get some "michigan" 98's (white/navy/yellow) with "deflated bubbles" 11.5 for $32 shipped?
nerd.gif
could be a steal if they end up being wearable...

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

recycled because my camera has been destroyed..
How did it get destroyed, if you don't mind me asking...
lets just say, don't let (girl)friends mix zoloft and alcohol...
eyes.gif
smh.gif

Heed this advice:
10931_670364192897_27600029_38080363_5683124_n.jpg

Kinda wish I got those blue-toe Structures. If I had enough cash, I could've left Alife with the blacktoes AND bluetoes.
frown.gif

by the way, did somebody just get some "michigan" 98's (white/navy/yellow) with "deflated bubbles" 11.5 for $32 shipped?
nerd.gif
could be a steal if they end up being wearable...
Maybe neukicks?
roll.gif

I saw them, and got all excited until I saw the deflated air units.

Jibby & Denver - As I say I'm not knocking people who have gone for it. I really hope that these iDs turn out to be a solid product... BUT however poorthe quality of that picture you can see that we are most definitely not looking at the desired shape for 87s.

[rant]

I know it's a bit dull to just $+$%$ and moan about all of this stuff - and I'm certainly not one for unfounded negativity - but for me as things standthe contemporary 87 is essentially dead. Besides the Pattas I can't think of one single 87 drop over the past 12 months that I'd actually fork outretail for. And what really sucks is that some of the colorways have been dope! The West pack set in particular are solid in terms of blocking and colorchoices but man, there's just too much gone wrong at this stage with regards to shape. It's not even just the toebox, I genuinely feel that the designis completely compromised. And here it is popping up on the iDs... SO FRUSTRATING.

[/rant]

Andrew - yeah if I ever see those royal/red/whites i'm going IN haha. one day...

in other news, came across these on the auction site, never seen them before. they appear to be a vintage air max 87 in the red/grey/white colorway but with a blue sole and accents. any info? could they be fakes?

Deb11-17EB101.JPG

Deb11-17EB102.JPG

Deb11-17EB105.JPG
These are definitely not fake... OGs from 1987... Very similar to the pair that I had, minus the blue accents... Def a cool piece for show, notwearable at all though...

laugh.gif
) you can find truly great AM 87s for $125 DS or lightly used. None of this crappy shape/!%#$#% materials business. They're meant to be sleek and streamlined, not look like clogs. I know what I'd rather spend my money on.
amen.....word to the deal i just got
devil.gif

Denver - saw those 98's, deflated air unit = very close to the end of those.
Dan - i hear you dude, i think we should wait to see what a delivered pair looks like (although i don't have anyhopes at this point lol).

i'm waiting for those 87 samples to hit the NTNY studio....they got the 90's, gonna check 'em out tomorrow since that might be where my money isgoing...
nerd.gif

top view of the samples (wonder what size they are? 8-9?
nerd.gif
)

anybody with the inside scoops, can you tell me if the nice white mesh/purple denim patta am1's are dropping in the US?

i know those other colorful ones are - seen the quickstrike email.

Jibby & Denver - As I say I'm not knocking people who have gone for it. I really hope that these iDs turn out to be a solid product... BUT however poor the quality of that picture you can see that we are most definitely not looking at the desired shape for 87s.
[rant]
[/rant]
oh trust me I don't disagree at all! from the bulbous heel to the misshapen mudguard and toe box to the materials to the overall profile ofthe shoe - it's gotten to its worst point most recently, and that likely means some disappointment with the iD's. it's the same thing as the airmax 95's - the shape, comfort, and bubble size have changed so significantly that the design of the shoe doesn't even appeal to me when I see a newrelease most of the time. they tend to look like fakes, it's kind of embarrassing for Nike. but i'll still wait and see how I feel when I get them. one thing i've noticed is that sometimes, when you get your foot in one of these funny shaped 87's, they do conform a little bit to your foot and looka little better. that's kinda what i'm hoping for with the iD's.

jwdanklefs - yeah i figured there aren't too many fakes from 1987 around. i've just never seen them with the blue accents. they're pretty cool.but yeah definitely not wearable, they look like they'd turn to powder if you put your foot in them. not my size either, just wanted to share pics.

About those AM I.D.'s, They seem to look like the recent retro of the OG Red and Blue cw's. Shape is kinda off, but I've noticed with my QS Retropair they look kinda weird when your looking at them but they look so much better when they're on your feet. I don't know if that's just me,but's that's what I noticed...

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

About those AM I.D.'s, They seem to look like the recent retro of the OG Red and Blue cw's. Shape is kinda off, but I've noticed with my QS Retro pair they look kinda weird when your looking at them but they look so much better when they're on your feet. I don't know if that's just me, but's that's what I noticed...

i agree about looking at them and them being on the feet, seems to have a completely dif look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom