TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had never seen those white/red patent ones before up until now.

Will you and s dubl go into bidding wars over those shoes? I agree, I hope the prices stay within a reasonable window; some of his shoes have reached prettyhigh prices.

Originally Posted by El Bro

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

Dude, save your money and buy some good stuff... Just remember for every 2 or 3 cheap pairs of "OK" shoes, you can buy 1 dope pair that you have been searching for for a while...

This is the advice I now follow.
pimp.gif

Nice 1s, El Bro.

Thats exactly what I have been following for a while. Which is why the majority of my collection is Pre 2005.
happy.gif
I love Real leather and Great Quality, and thats whats really makes a shoe worth the price.
Exactly... I may have 8 pairs in my collection that were release from 2006 to present... Everything else is stuff that I worked hard to find andpaid for with the money I made from selling impulse buys and paintings. But, in the passed year and a half to two years I have sold EVERY impulse buy I evermade. Every single one! With all the money I generated from those I ended up picking up alot of good stuff with money I saw as "dispossable." Kindasucks now that I have sold everything that was "crap" though, cus when I want to buy some shoes, I'm not sitting on a pillow of dispossablepaypal income now. lol Basically I would rather have 1 nice $300 pair that I have been searching for, wanting for a while, that doesn't come around often,than have 7 $50 pairs I picked up because they were available. This is taken to the grave! Something alot people need to realize. When it donged on me, it waslike a weight lifted off my shoulders. Because now I dont look at ebay get overwhelmed and have a watchlist full of crap shoes that are ending for cheap andfeel like I have to have every single one. I look at ebay and maybe find 1 pair, maybe, and thats it (minus the DJAM listings.) Keep to the quality 2005 andback. When shape and materials were something you NEVER had to worry about. If you look back, there wasnt really a bad release back then...
ohwell.gif
Kinda shamefull now. And people say, "oh this shoe will be a classic in 5years." No it won't, it's not the same, not at all...

yeah I am drooling thinking about how many socks it would take to fit a 13. dude had a crazy burst collection. never seen the red patents either. never sawmost of those in those sizes at all. I hope some of our big footer guys can get some of his stuff!

I think I might have just grabbed a pretty good steal, but I'll wait til I get them to confirm.

Hey jwdanklefs,

i totally agree with you. Before my wedding I sold a lot of my shoes to help fund the ceremony. Afterwards I started looking at what I have left and there wasstill a bunch of $50 af1's and some jordans here and there. I started buying shoes just because they were cheap and not because I liked threm. The pastmonth an a half I've sold most of them off and now have a nice rotation of quality shoes I like. Plus it made room for all the ids I have coming in.Quality over quanity-buy what you like, not because its on sale LOL

Dude, save your money and buy some good stuff... Just remember for every 2 or 3 cheap pairs of "OK" shoes, you can buy 1 dope pair that you have been searching for for a while...

pimp.gif

Nice 1s, El Bro.

Thats exactly what I have been following for a while. Which is why the majority of my collection is Pre 2005.
happy.gif
I love Real leather and Great Quality, and thats whats really makes a shoe worth the price.
Exactly... I may have 8 pairs in my collection that were release from 2006 to present... Everything else is stuff that I worked hard to find and paid for with the money I made from selling impulse buys and paintings. But, in the passed year and a half to two years I have sold EVERY impulse buy I ever made. Every single one! With all the money I generated from those I ended up picking up alot of good stuff with money I saw as "dispossable." Kinda sucks now that I have sold everything that was "crap" though, cus when I want to buy some shoes, I'm not sitting on a pillow of dispossable paypal income now. lol Basically I would rather have 1 nice $300 pair that I have been searching for, wanting for a while, that doesn't come around often, than have 7 $50 pairs I picked up because they were available. This is taken to the grave! Something alot people need to realize. When it donged on me, it was like a weight lifted off my shoulders. Because now I dont look at ebay get overwhelmed and have a watchlist full of crap shoes that are ending for cheap and feel like I have to have every single one. I look at ebay and maybe find 1 pair, maybe, and thats it (minus the DJAM listings.) Keep to the quality 2005 and back. When shape and materials were something you NEVER had to worry about. If you look back, there wasnt really a bad release back then...
ohwell.gif
Kinda shamefull now. And people say, "oh this shoe will be a classic in 5 years." No it won't, it's not the same, not at all...
You bought them all from me during moments of weakness!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I am slowly building back what I need and taking the same mindset. I am never one to pull "impulse" buys but I do buy things that I end up notwearing or liking for whatever reason. That is why I usually turn things over so much.

Anyhow, wore these during the holiday and actually ran a 5K in them...comfy as hell!
4139700834_997e886017_o.jpg

What's happenin Famalamadingerdonger..........hope all had a good Thanksgiving.

The past 2 and today:

Cris.

El Bro - Nice 1's!

Jwdanklefs - Yea i agree with u. It is better to have a pair of $300 shoes that u really want than to have a few $50 pairs that u can care less for. It'shard sometimes to pass on some steals and the $300 pricetag is so overwhelming but it's totally worth it in the end. I used to grab up every steal I couldfind but then I would look at my "list" of shoes I actually wanted and none would be checked off. I guess it just goes back to buy what u like notfor the hype or the price. Right now I'm passing up countless steals so i can get my Stash 95s (anyone sellin size 10? lol).

-Mitchell

Jake.....I think I got them off some skate shoes a while back, either that or some Epics, can't really remember.

Cris.

Originally Posted by crisone

Jake.....I think I got them off some skate shoes a while back, either that or some Epics, can't really remember.

Cris.

still a pair that i really regret passing on so many times, because everytime i see them they are so cheap and i say to myself, oh another pair will come up atthe same price, and then they dont
frown.gif

Spacej23-Thanks for the heads up on those BW's. I got a pair for my lady. Somehow it came out to $31 and some change shipped to Cali. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by brickSB

pimp.gif

Nice 1s, El Bro.

happy.gif
Exactly... I may have 8 pairs in my collection that were release from 2006 to present... Everything else is stuff that I worked hard to find and paid for with the money I made from selling impulse buys and paintings. But, in the passed year and a half to two years I have sold EVERY impulse buy I ever made. Every single one! With all the money I generated from those I ended up picking up alot of good stuff with money I saw as "dispossable." Kinda sucks now that I have sold everything that was "crap" though, cus when I want to buy some shoes, I'm not sitting on a pillow of dispossable paypal income now. lol Basically I would rather have 1 nice $300 pair that I have been searching for, wanting for a while, that doesn't come around often, than have 7 $50 pairs I picked up because they were available. This is taken to the grave! Something alot people need to realize. When it donged on me, it was like a weight lifted off my shoulders. Because now I dont look at ebay get overwhelmed and have a watchlist full of crap shoes that are ending for cheap and feel like I have to have every single one. I look at ebay and maybe find 1 pair, maybe, and thats it (minus the DJAM listings.) Keep to the quality 2005 and back. When shape and materials were something you NEVER had to worry about. If you look back, there wasnt really a bad release back then...
ohwell.gif
Kinda shamefull now. And people say, "oh this shoe will be a classic in 5 years." No it won't, it's not the same, not at all...
You bought them all from me during moments of weakness!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I am slowly building back what I need and taking the same mindset. I am never one to pull "impulse" buys but I do buy things that I end up not wearing or liking for whatever reason. That is why I usually turn things over so much.

Anyhow, wore these during the holiday and actually ran a 5K in them...comfy as hell!

Ran a 5k in those? They look really uncomfortable to me, may have to give them a spin then.
eek.gif

I just want to say that I discovered this thread a couple of months ago and really appreciate everything in it. As I've gotten older (33 years old),I've outgrown my jordans (sold most away) and have focused my attention to Air Max and other nike running shoes, because to me they are much more practicaland useful for everyday wear and they look so good. I've got a whole bunch of Air Maxes all over the place between my place and my parents, one of thesedays I will take a picture of all of them (kind of hard to find time with a 3 year old and a 1.5 year old). I haven't really had much information to dropon this thread but will do what I can. Just wanted to say that this is a great thread with a lot of positive feedback and posts, not like some other threads. Iam looking to order a couple of the Air Max 1 IDs soon, but want to see how some of yours turn out first.

Originally Posted by spacej23

Originally Posted by s dubl

smh @womens sizes......

laugh.gif

You do wear like a 12/13 right? How are those 180's treatin' ya?
What up Tyler...

yeah, I wear a 13.

havnt got around to wearin the 180s yet.

I somehwhat agree with Jake, but sometimes those cheap $50 kicks, or some new releases are actually decent...I just dont agree with paying resell, or retailfor most of em anymore.If you like em and you can get em for cheap...why not?I dont want to have an arsenal of shoes that I paid $200+ for and have nothing towear for beaters. Also some of these $50 kicks now might be future classics.....personally I dont really care, but it would piss me off to pass now for $50and later regret it and not be able to find a pair for less than $250.

I guess the moral of the story is buy what you like and dont fall into hype.

dope kicks everyone! hope everyone had a good holiday/black friday.

Denver....so how much of Justins $$ did you end up with after the game on thursday?
laugh.gif

peace out Fam!

haha oh man I forgot all about that beating we handed the G's. good win for Denver. i'm not much of a betting man so there was no wager, but damn thereshould have been! and I couldn't agree more with the statement you just made about not falling into the hype. wise words, for sure.

Originally Posted by s dubl

I somehwhat agree with Jake, but sometimes those cheap $50 kicks, or some new releases are actually decent...I just dont agree with paying resell, or retail for most of em anymore.If you like em and you can get em for cheap...why not?I dont want to have an arsenal of shoes that I paid $200+ for and have nothing to wear for beaters. Also some of these $50 kicks now might be future classics.....personally I dont really care, but it would piss me off to pass now for $50 and later regret it and not be able to find a pair for less than $250.

I guess the moral of the story is buy what you like and dont fall into hype.
Shaun, you are absolutely right brudda!!! You touched on a few things I forgot to mention.

About the $50 kicks, the old story about the Currys comes to mind, how they were riding discount racks for the longest time. Stuff like that... SMH... I dontknow what to say...

There is a few key words I would like to emphasize on that you wrote about though...
One is LIKE....We should buy what we like. If its cheap, more power to us, but don't buy it just because it has a bubble and a swoosh and because itsaffordable and readily available... I mean if you really like 'em, then shoot, go for it...
The other word is SOME... Some of the new releases are nice, the majority are not... IMO... Sadly its a different time...

For me, it was just that I bought so much stuff at the time thinking it was, "OK" or "Alright" or "This may be a future classic"or "Eh? Its an Air Max 1, why not?" What I should have been thinking was, "Wow, this is an awesome shoe and love this pair so much! I'm sostoked!" lol... I turned around and looked at my sneaker storage and was like, "what was I thinking?" So I just started opening boxes, if Ididn't get that certain stoke or high from the shoe that was in that box, then I got rid of it and got something that was on my "list."

Now on the same token there is alot of variables, income, location and style all play huge parts... And the again dont buy into hype unless that what you wantto do, if you're unsure about it, dive into something you are sure about... But with everything in life, good judgment comes from experience, andunfortunately, experience often comes from bad judgment...

yo fam, a friend of mine is letting these go, i figured i'd tell you guys first before posting in B/S forum sz 9.5

rshgdy.jpg

size 12 FAM- The atmos 87s on AMs charity thing are Hyperstrike Atmos 87s. Just thought I'd let you guys know

Tak- thats all you buddy

Thanks Dallas....I have to take a pass on those , another FAM member has already targeted them. Plus with another major holiday around the corner Ill be luckyto score a pair of Purple Pattas before years end 0.o

Page 1300 creeping fast! Seems like yesterday we made #1000 CRAZY!!!

those Pattas are looking good in that pic.......

Mike watcha tambout...Im on page 1300 right now
eek.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

please let me know if y'all are bidding on those so we don't jack the price up...I have my eye on them and would like them but there is no use gettinginto a bidding war with one of the Fam...so holler at me
glasses.gif

and yes, 1300 is coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom