TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for those who have been here since the FAM started... I was all toasty and messing with ID last night doing my pair of TEAM AMFAM 87s, when Ithought to myself... how did y'all get to TEAM and FAM? I mean why not just Team Air Max or Air Max Family? I know this is somewhat random but I was justcurious. anybody else ever consider this?

^ It flowed cool when said.....so I left it at that, and everyone was cool with it, so we just went with it....plus, not only we are a "Team", but weare also "Fam", same meaning all in all.....one other person questioned it before too.

T....she's doing cool from when the last time I called my wife to see how she was.

Cris.

Mars - I like the BMW ID!
Space - Cant go wrong with HOAs
pimp.gif

Jibby -
roll.gif
roll.gif
Damn I never thought about that, team and fam almost have the same meaning. Goodquestion!

Another crappy day in SoCal so no AMs...

EDIT: Ah I see... It does flow pretty good since i never caught it. And we are way more than a team. Long live TEAM AM FAM!

Cris - ha! I agree, it does flow well. and yes we exhibit both family and team traits so it is a good fit. I was just cramming all those letters on the back ofan ID and thought about it. anyhow thanks for the info. gotta know ya roots! and hope your young one feels better soon sir

mayhem, you sure you used beet for your outsole?
it looks more like hot red to me.. or is it just the lighting?

i was planning to make some ids using beet but i thought it was a darker red..

Beet = ~Varsity Red

Hot Red = ~Infrared

The online representations are not accurate with these two colors options.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Seth - my bad, i did clean them up some...nothing too extensive yet. i'm very hesitant to put any real "elbow grease" on the vintage stuff really. but the initial cleaning i did got rid of a lot of the yellowed mesh on the toebox and tongue. i'll snap some pics i swear
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
I'm just joking man, post pics whenever. What I meant was, even though I greatly admire your custom work, if you were to do any"work" (as you had planned on your IDs) on that pair........
indifferent.gif
. Haha, just meant they're too rare and classic to modify, not that you would
tongue.gif
. You get that PM earlier?

Jibby - what's up man, how's everything in the great Northwest?

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

Beet = ~Varsity Red
Hot Red = ~Infrared
myChenny, i definitely used beet. the colors are exactly what he said....

Cris - good to hear she's alright
Seth - ahhh, i got you. nah never that...and thanks for the message, just replied actually.

testing a new sig
nerd.gif

Mayhem was gracious enough to hook this up, Thanx. Thanx for the suggestion S Dub. Dank, hope youdidn't mind.

^ it's all good Seth. finally got approval from a small municipality to discharge treated groundwater to the sanitary sewer. freaking took almost 2 months.so I'm happy about that since my boss has been riding me to go do this temporary pump and treat. other than that and trees falling, things are going ok.looking forward to spring coming as I planted a grip of plants over fall/winter. how about you? weather still crummy in KY? hows the geotech field these days?things picking up yet? oh and I've been meaning to ask you, ever been to Red River Gorge (I think that's what it's called..)? I went through therea while back and that place is beautiful!!!

Imo...with the "Heinekams", ID a pair with just a, "." on the back and iron-on the Red Star over it, that would look clean as well.

Cris.

Cris - I agree with you, but I think a couple of us have cold feet now since Justin trieddoing that, and they replaced the "." with "Nike Air."
ohwell.gif

Yeah, and Justin is waiting back for a response as to I'm guessing why they did that. My thing is, if Nike doesn't allow just the "." on iD's, why even allow us to do it? Finally, I don't really think it's theirresponsibility to assume that we messed up on something.

WE WANT ANSWERS NIKE!!!

tell me about it Cris
tired.gif

just got off the phone with a rep, here's what's happened:

...after a few lengthy phone calls, the rep found out that they (the factory/ id team i guess) see it and think it's a "no id" and put the nikeair since there isn't a "no id" option as there was before and still are, on a few other id models the rep said.

I explained how i assumed it was safe to place the order with that ID since it was "verified" on the site. He agreed and also suggested that if iwanted to do a future design with that "." as the ID, to call in and place the order over the phone so that they can make specific notations on theorder that the ID is in fact supposed to be just a "dot".

also, he did say he was going to send a report about the incident directly to the head of the id team with my design as i ordered it and how it turned out.it's a longshot.....but maybe this can ensure a "no id" option in the near future, or ensure a period would actually show up if you order? whoknows

and for my "troubles"......they gave me 30% off my next nikestore order (under $100 and not on nikeid of course) and free 2 day shipping (or i couldget free shipping on a nike id order if i just wanted to order one shoe). he had to repeat that to me at least 3 times before i got it taped and recorded sothey don't try and swindle me in the future
roll.gif

Illust - i see where you are going with that and i love it!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

tell me about it Cris
tired.gif

just got off the phone with a rep, here's what's happened:

...after a few lengthy phone calls, the rep found out that they (the factory/ id team i guess) see it and think it's a "no id" and put the nike air since there isn't a "no id" option as there was before and still are, on a few other id models the rep said.

I explained how i assumed it was safe to place the order with that ID since it was "verified" on the site. He agreed and also suggested that if i wanted to do a future design with that "." as the ID, to call in and place the order over the phone so that they can make specific notations on the order that the ID is in fact supposed to be just a "dot".

also, he did say he was going to send a report about the incident directly to the head of the id team with my design as i ordered it and how it turned out. it's a longshot.....but maybe this can ensure a "no id" option in the near future, or ensure a period would actually show up if you order? who knows

and for my "troubles"......they gave me 30% off my next nikestore order (under $100 and not on nikeid of course) and free 2 day shipping (or i could get free shipping on a nike id order if i just wanted to order one shoe). he had to repeat that to me at least 3 times before i got it taped and recorded so they don't try and swindle me in the future
roll.gif

Illust - i see where you are going with that and i love it!
pimp.gif

5e5158ebee2e25b77b2f005f93960f5b14e3bc4.gif
glad you got something out of it justin

Fellas might have to get a patent on your ideas!!

Good ideas man, keep em' coming so a brutha can get his bite on!!
laugh.gif

Mayhem- someone in nikeretro ID thread said that the kill bill outfit was a knock-off from bruce lees outfit in game of death, dude has the same shirt on butits short sleeve. Haha now they're the Bruce Lee's

Justin - thanks for the heads up, do you think if a single letter were to be used on each pair, Nike would disregard it and instead stitchtheir symbol? i'm thinking of using the letter "i".

Mitchell - i like it, too; however, most of the BMW patches on ebay are too large and won't fit the heel. i measured it, so i doubt thati'll be ordering them
frown.gif

Ray - nice job on the ///M IDs.

Cris - what ever happened to the team motto, "air is our element, max is our credo"? i remember seeing that a few years back.

-Mars

Originally Posted by SupaMars11

Justin - thanks for the heads up, do you think if a single letter were to be used on each pair, Nike would disregard it and instead stitch their symbol? i'm thinking of using the letter "i".

Mitchell - i like it, too; however, most of the BMW patches on ebay are too large and won't fit the heel. i measured it, so i doubt that i'll be ordering them
frown.gif

Ray - nice job on the ///M IDs.

Cris - what ever happened to the team motto, "air is our element, max is our credo"? i remember seeing that a few years back.

-Mars

Mars: Thanks, Sir. And regarding the iD on the heel. I'm opting for "1" on each shoe for my HeinekAMs. It'll be the guinea pig for all theiD's I want to do "work" on.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Mayhem- someone in nikeretro ID thread said that the kill bill outfit was a knock-off from bruce lees outfit in game of death, dude has the same shirt on but its short sleeve. Haha now they're the Bruce Lee's
laugh.gif
.....just saw it and replied to him. funny cause i toldChris, back when i ordered them, that someone was going to think i got inspired by the "bruce lee"kobe's.

i think that a single letter or number would probably have no issues, i mean what if someone wants "1" cause that's their jersey number orsomething? at this point, i would just make sure to verify your order with a live rep so that the specific notation is made on what you want on your ID's.

Austin -
laugh.gif
@ that .gif, dudereally has a 40 in the tub. (right click > saved)

the first two i got from a fellow NT'er

DS for $220 shipped, and they are one of my personal grails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom