TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by daaznfella

Originally Posted by AlteredMayhem
imo....the entier shoe would just turn out one color...even if you dyed it grey, the black parts would be grey since the color would go "on top" of it....sad i know...
dream killer 
indifferent.gif
frown.gif

.....and i'm back!
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

^ right on Justin. welcome back. so they temp banned on SN but let you use another in the meanwhile?
yea i guess, i jus logged in again to check and didn't get that "private party screen"...
laugh.gif

good to be back....

Mods...i'll behave i swear....

Sup FAM!

Justin: Welcome back, Sir! haha

I'm thinking about completing the Undef look by painting the side panels and other panels black...
Here's a PS (my first, so it's a bit sloppy) of what I'm going for... I'm just concerned with the stiffening of the mesh though... 

Can any customizers in the FAM want to chime in about painting mesh (liquidtex)?
nerd.gif

2uft5pt.jpg

My Heinekens will be delivered tomorrow! I'm stoked!

mayhem's back! speech! haha.

nwt - maaaaan you shouldn't have posted those just now... on my way to buy some thin socks! lol

Ray - I personally would not recommend painting mesh, but if it's not on the toe box, and you find paint with the right finish that will hold up on the mesh, it might be worth a shot.  I'd try to find some dirt cheap beaters with similar mesh and test with them first, if you can.  good luck.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

speech!
haha, i'd like to thank Jalen Rose for showing me the error of my ways
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Ray - there should be a way to get the mesh black, only it'd take lots of layers i imagine. Viet, where u at dream killa?
nerd.gif

Kev - a gif with a cuss in it
tired.gif

Originally Posted by denverairforce

i noticed a gang of people rocking the jalen avatar, one with his face crossed out, lol. no idea what that's about.
probably a protest against that guy, he's probably behind 50% of the banned camp population......ruthless
laugh.gif

roll.gif
@ Kev

some new lights from Size?, pic courtesy of Gooey
glasses.gif

white swoosh, rip stop toebox, neon yellow/green lace stay, and a vivid pink air unit.....

edit - tried to get the neon to show more with some PS'ing.
nerd.gif

reminds me of these skylines...
nike_air_skyline_bwbp.jpg

.....a bit loud but i can't help but want them to go with the rest of my lights
embarassed.gif

^ I'd have to agree in regards to JRose. I have no love for his abuse of authority, but I do have love for those lights. very nice indeed. but does a Size? release mean euro exclusive?

^^ yeah i saw those Drurys, and they ARE an amazing price... taking offers too!

ILLustRAYt - amazing colour match up on those Stab iDs. i wouldn't do the mesh without practising first either.
Chris - liking those AJIII inspireds. the Supreme idea sounds interesting too.
blakperl - thanks bro. they're iDs i made a couple years ago which didn't come out as planned. i've only worn them 3x as i've never felt 100% about them. i think it's the leather issue.
jranasaurus - always loved that pile pic. don't suppose you have a 16:9 version? i guess i could just crop it if not.
nwt - no worries bro. i just bought myself a DS pair for £60, then the seller refunded me in the morning saying the sole had collapsed on the right shoe. %$#?
mad.gif
mad.gif
btw, nice job on the blog. may be interested in the Gundams depending on how i get on with Shoe Gooing my pair.

blackred/ EentegRa etc - everything i can tell you about customs/ import charges:

almost all big companies/ sellers (like JD, Nike etc) will declare your parcel at the full value and as merchandise, both for 'tax'/ insurance purposes. of course the amount you pay will increase with this value and even if declared as a 'gift' you'll still be susceptible, all this does is raise the allowable limit before you get charged (for UK it's £17, or £32 as gift). on top of this charge you may get a handling fee from the shipping company at your end (we do here anyway) - my last one was £9. along with this joyous sum of money to pay on top for your kicks, customs (or the shipping company) will hold your item for days too which is why you're probably waiting. as far as who does what, Royal Mail (our postal service) deliver to you, then USPS take over in the US. i'm not sure about other couriers. in the UK, if i'm about to get stung, Royal Mail hold the shoes (=delay) then send me a letter to tell me i've got a charge to pay before i can receive my parcel. they can then ship out (more delay) or i can pick up & pay immediately (inconvenience). you see, drivers here don't carry cash any more so there's no more pay on the door option. last year i received a FedEx shipment, their method was to deliver then send me a bill days later - and i thought i had got away with it
eyes.gif
mad.gif

sorry for the waffle but hope this makes things a bit clearer for you.

Justin - nice job on the pic. real pics to follow soon me thinks
tongue.gif
and those furry 87s look scarily appealing in a weird fetish kinda way
laugh.gif

idolkicks - AMS
pimp.gif
what size are you?
Tim - iDs looking real clean bro
JTTL - great price on those '03 Neons, espesh in a 13 ...and an even bigger congrats for flipping '08s for $225
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Mike - that's Cheryl Cole from Girls Aloud. she's married to Ashley Cole (who cheated on her
mad.gif
) who plays football for Chelsea/ England. was about to say his position but figured i'd be wasting my time
roll.gif

No AMs today, Denim SBs to pick up some Puma Suedes from Size?

Gooey,

much appreciated on the info, that's all very useful stuff. I'm so anxious to get these shoes man, I hope I dont have to wait TOO much longer.

GS- Thanks again for the Huaraches

IDs were from outlets for dirt (thanks bro)

Mayhem- Welcome bacc- atleast you didnt lose your name like I did... R.I.P SneakerPimp2K8

ive been seeing lots of good stuff on the auction site in the past 3 hrs... hit me up for info if you guys are interested.
edit; BG, i see a pair in sz10 too lol
laugh.gif

RL - are those my TEAM AM FAM iD's on the right? I assume you copped those from eciaccord... I should add that they've been posted in this thread 3 times now by three different people, lol.  I hope he hooked you up cuz the price at the store was stupid cheap, haha.  

Thanks for all the kind words on the neons fellas. Even happier to to win these ultramarine structures earlier today on the bay. Same seller that sold the sz. 12 green pattas for $320 earlier today as well. TGIF (almost)

Cheers.

-Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom