TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff as always in here!

I will probably doing another "AMFAM" mix show later tonight starting around 9pm or so. Look out for the link later!

Peace,

Dave

Nice stuff everybody!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Beautiful weather in KY today, about to leave work early
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Originally Posted by c4

On a side note, I saw the neon 95s the other day. What are we going to do in a 5-7 yrs or so when all the classics start falling apart? cause I can't do these new pairs. kinda sad in a way.
it is very sad. I don't think I'll ever be able to justify paying for post-'05 95s even if they are the only wearable pairs out there.  that's why I love tailwinds and triax and windrunners, most of them don't fall apart, so you can rock the vintage until they're beat. 

QFT.  I refuse to wear the neutered AMs, I'd rather turn into an old man who remenisces about the good ole days, when max meant MAX
laugh.gif
.  And I totally forgot to chime in when you were asking Jake about his, but I repainted a pair of my 87's with Angelus and they've held up awesome.  They were one of those auctions where I bid 0.99 and forgot about them and ended up winning.  Anyway, the midsoles needed some attention, I think I just did 2 coats and that was it.  And one good thing about the Angelus having a little bit of glossiness, is they wipe off very easily.

good to know, thanks Seth. most of the midsoles i've done have been bursts, 95's, and tailwinds, all of which have a more matte finish. I'm definitely going to try angelus next time i need to paint some 87's. question for you - did you strip yours first or paint over the existing paint layer? I think that was more the root of my question to Jake because he said he stripped his.

also, you should grab the latest issue of Slam if you don't have it already - Coach Cal and the boys made the cover. haven't read the article yet.

^ Oh I gotcha, no I didn't strip the old paint just painted over top.  I think that's the only pair I've done that hasn't been matte finish.  I need to get some duller anyway, I might experiment next time with some Angelus + duller and see what's up. 

And I haven't seen the Slam article, but I heard all about it.  It was right when the new uni's came out, and Wall's jersey they gave him had two letters swapped on the front, said KENTCUKY or something
tired.gif

laugh.gif
.  They fixed it but a couple of the pictures got around and people acted like it was a big deal.  I still think a Louisville fan did it somehow
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

EDIT:  ^ Just read that Calipari is the one who sent the photo out via twitter to see how many people would notice and respond (shrug).

haha, yeah I saw that a couple weeks ago. people were trying to read into it like the misspelled part - "CUKY" meant "See you, KY!" as if Wall was out after this season and heading to the league. silly. but I hope he stays in college. I hope KY makes it to the final game this year. Syracuse and Kentucky are the two teams I'm excited to see in the tourny. I expect domination! haha.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Originally Posted by c4

On a side note, I saw the neon 95s the other day. What are we going to do in a 5-7 yrs or so when all the classics start falling apart? cause I can't do these new pairs. kinda sad in a way.
it is very sad. I don't think I'll ever be able to justify paying for post-'05 95s even if they are the only wearable pairs out there.  that's why I love tailwinds and triax and windrunners, most of them don't fall apart, so you can rock the vintage until they're beat. 

x2

Unless Nike figures out a way to implement the old air units with nitrogen, then Ill never buy another air max 95 again.   I hate the midsoles with a passion, and they still havent grown on me.  I guess you can say in this case that nostalgia is a %+%!$.  Even if they were 40 bucks, I still wouldnt buy them.

Originally Posted by UKBased

eorr23 - Good job on the iD's. I'm feeling those. Are they made with current options?

yep they sure are, I actually made them right when the air stabs became available but i just got around to undsing the today

Baybully- those are so dope, size 12 anyone
nerd.gif

Andrew - nice IDs. glad the weather is finally perking up out there. I still need to do my AM FAM ID pair but funds a low after my recent spree..
Seth - nice work on those 87s. I might be having to do some restore work here in a bit.
Baybully - nice crepes sir. I need the 90s!
HOAs for me today. the color looks off in this pic now that I am looking at it though. still figuring out this cam..

nice weather and the heaters come out, sucks the weathers nice all week and i can barley wear sneaks, and they are forcasting rain this wkend fml

If the new Team AM FAM tees are going to have the year on the sleeve again, make sure the apostrophe is oriented corrected (it's upside down on the first run of the Viotechs)

Sorry I have to make a big deal but I copy edit for a living so it's my job to notice things like this.
laugh.gif

I forgot who asked about the orange burst pic of Oli and Tibor but I think both their pairs are safety orange; the saturation of the photo makes them look more red.

yeah it was me asking that, I think Andrew told me they were both orange. and lol @ you correcting the punctuation, that's something I would do too (although I don't edit for a living).

I studied journalism for four years and spent a majority of my time in HS writing...I can't help it; editing is like breathing to me now
roll.gif

Sup yall! Heads up, FTL Employee Appreciation is this Saturday...

Dunks - Wow those are some crazy lookin doughnuts bro! U should come to SF and try a bacon topped one lol. Nice lights btw!
Tak - Im diggin those 90s. Info?
Lex - Damn u create some great Tags!
pimp.gif

Eorr - Those are some really nice IDs! Like the concept!
Prok - Count me in!
Andrew -
smokin.gif

Bay - Dope Crepes!
Jibby - Clean Infras!
Brian -I wish I had an eye for editing like u, my English classes would be A LOT easier!

GS - they dropped a few years back, I bought my pair from shoepalace....they can be found on that auction site for less than $80.

# 302519-031

Originally Posted by gswarriorz

^^^Ay man, Swoosh is pretty close!

If you check out NDC mens 2009s, a lot have disappeared.. not sure where they have gone but I was plotting on a few things and they are gone. Now i gotta be a beast this weekend and raid FL..

came home to these and had to throw them on ASAP. not high on anyones hit list I'm sure (I'd never even seen them before), but I can't resist pre '05 90s..

also got my crisone tees and stickies.  [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]you are the man Cris![/color]  even got my (very) last minute size change..

What up FAM? No AMs for today but I am wearing these runners (below) while getting ready for the mixshow! I'm going to start around 9pm EST...Biggie set to start it off! I know I'm a day late but oh well. here's the link to the ustream mix

Hope to see you all check in. peace.

Dave

I'm ready!

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

came home to these and had to throw them on ASAP. not high on anyones hit list I'm sure (I'd never even seen them before), but I can't resist pre '05 90s..
pimp.gif
Are those the pair Corgi had up on his site?  The look Classy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom