TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by tak

PROK has started...............tune in
damn. i missed this again.

jibbycanoe: those pre '05 90s =
smokin.gif
what's the colorway? they remind of mushroom af1s

daaz - real awesome find man
pimp.gif

cleveland - nope sure didn't get them off e-bay, a store in Italy actually, still having problems, no shipping information
tired.gif

everyone else - dope as usual

v - Nice find
eek.gif

pimp.gif

Jibby/Modz - nice pickups
pimp.gif

James/lex - nice
pimp.gif

prok - I missed again, one of these days I've gotta check in.

No AMs today, working + supposed to rain
frown.gif

And this is going way back (like.... October
laugh.gif
 ), but a couple of you guys were interested in my little home theater room project I had started.  It's about 90 percent done now, I haven't done much lately on it because we've been working on our kitchen some.  Since I last posted about it we added carpet tiles, got our replacement windows (whole house), got a 42" Panny plasma, got my new PJ (Epson HC720), shelf mounted the projector, corner mounted the TV with a cantilever wall mount (monoprice), new component stand, added media storage, lighting, and end tables (used as a coffee table, haha). Due to the size of the room, we wanted to save as much floor space as possible, so we tried to get things up and out of the way whenever possible (tv mount, small entertainment center, dvd storage, etc.).  Anyway, here's a few pics:

Before shot, for reference

Current: (room is pretty dark, used the flash on some so you can see what's going on).

6puubl.jpg

2i06wcl.jpg

2qjzjeq.jpg

kduxbd.jpg

14ihhl0.jpg

Setup goes something like this:

42" Panasonic Viera (T.C.A. price for REAL!!
pimp.gif
)
Epson HC720 projector
85" DIY screen
Ancient Kenwood 5.1
laugh.gif

ps3
ps2
modded xbox (emulators, etc.)

Still got some stuff to do, cable management mostly.  I added a new outlet for the tv, but need to put one in the crawl space behind the projector and then run the cables behind.  I will be replacing the doors eventually with white 6-panels (whole house).

It's nothing too extravagant, but it has turned out nicely for such a small room and what we had to work with. We were able to do it affordably and it suits our purposes nicely.  I got a HDMI splitter so I can send the ps3 to the projector or the tv, or both, which is pretty cool.  Andrew, weren't you planning on doing a basement theater? I'd like to see what you've got going too.

Anyway, sorry for the giant post and non-AM content
embarassed.gif
, I just remembered a couple of you had shown interest before.

Have a good day FAM!!

daaz- Hell of a steal you got there!

Modz- BEAUTIFUL pick-up.  Big Big fan of those!!

Nice BW's a page back!

neukicks- Love the Hold Tights!  Best of luck with the pain in the %!+ seller.  I assume you used your credit card or paypal so if they don't show up eventually shouldn't be a problem getting your money back.  I feel your frustration.  Best of luck!!

larirvee- That room turned out beautiful!!  My basement is raw right now and I was going to finish it over the winter because I really want a theatre, but we inherited a pool table that's down there and it's ruined my plans for now.  There's not room for both. (about 550 sq ft of usable space) so I'm trying to figure out how to get both to fit.  Might end up moving the furnace or some of the duct work.  Either way, with that additional expense, the projector, seating, screen, and an updated receiver / amp I just didn't want to get all into it this winter.  Maybe in a bit.  Have to re-prioritize.  The house is in amazing shape but the list is never ending isn't it?  We've only been here for about 6 months so I'm trying to give it some time for us to figure out what we really want to get into next.  Amazing job on that room again! 

Sorry for all the chatter FAM. 
Today:

2002 Chili Air Burst

*first time busting these out, and DAMN they're comfy!

Have a great day all!

-Andrew-

Larrivee - Nice set up homie... Lookin sweet!!!
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

As far as the projector goes, maybe you should mount the shelf it is sitting on behind the wall and put a hole in the wall for the beam to come through... This way not only the cables are behind the wall, but the entire projector is behind the wall... I think it would be a pretty simple install and look great as long as their is enough attic in that crawl space behind that wall... (I worked for a high end Home Theater company here in TX called Bjorn's Ausio Video for a while doing custom installs and now I sell insulation and radiant barrier in attics so let me know if you need any pointers or diagrams or anything)

Team AV Fam!!!
pimp.gif

damn that's a slick idea Jake. you could even put it on a shelf that could slide out like a drawer so it's easy to change the bulb/access the unit, and just make a door with a hole in it on the wall for it.

Seth, looking good man. it's great that the room is dark too, much better for using a projector!

asian fella - infrasteal, nice!

Dave/prok - thanks for the tunes last night!

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

neukicks- Love the Hold Tights!  Best of luck with the pain in the %!+ seller.  I assume you used your credit card or paypal so if they don't show up eventually shouldn't be a problem getting your money back.  I feel your frustration.  Best of luck!!

-Andrew-
i used both my credit card and paypal, so i shouldn't have that big of a problem, I hope....thanks man
seth - nice room man!!

if anyone is interested, i have my 2nd pair of spring greens im looking to let go of, 10.5
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by tak

pimp.gif
Are those the pair Corgi had up on his site?  The look Classy!!!
they came from s_lahooty_m.  Shaun said he was from the other site.  they are in great condition considering they are from '03
Originally Posted by adob0

jibbycanoe: those pre '05 90s =
smokin.gif
what's the colorway? they remind of mushroom af1s
thanks man.  the colorway is 'light stone/obsidian-soft grey.'  I'd never seen them before.

anyhow...
thanks for the all the comments on the infras
prok - checked out your mix last night (no account so I was lurking).  good stuff.  I will check it out again!
daaz - what a steal on the infras.  looks like they cleaned up nicely
Lex - love the persians.  are those the recent retros?
Seth - quality work there boss.  when does the next show start
happy.gif

Andrew - sick bursts sir.  y'all got me wanting to track some down

and just to break up the wall-o-text...

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

Got these tonight, love the CW. Tried experimenting with the grey lace from my Terra Humaras, but i think i like the white more.
Modzz- Make sure to Holla' at me when those go on SALE
nerd.gif

s dubl - Ahh. Thanks! I don't know when the next time I'm going to wear them though... haha.
modzilla - The trainers isn't anything too special... Just the new trainers that came out, but these...
nike-trainer-1-1-540x390.jpg

kickz4show - Yup. She was abandoned, and tied to a tree... My fam found her, and kept her ever since.
smile.gif

gswarriorz - I got you! It was just the first donut I ate from the box...
tongue.gif
Hella bomb!
o0e2bm.jpg

daaznfella - Shut up... Haha. I said what I said...

tak wrote:

Originally Posted by neukicks

TAK - thanks alot man, thanks alot
nerd.gif
mad.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

sig check
wink.gif
What? These arent Pumps
laugh.gif

whatever man, making me envious. terrible, just terrible.

VOODOODONUT - I saw that place on TV like 2 nights ago how hilarious, one place i've added to my list of places to go before i die lol

EDIT: ^ 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jibby - nice id's
pimp.gif

tak - purps are serious bidness
pimp.gif

Thanks for the kind words on the room guys.
Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

Larrivee - Nice set up homie... Lookin sweet!!!
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

As far as the projector goes, maybe you should mount the shelf it is sitting on behind the wall and put a hole in the wall for the beam to come through... This way not only the cables are behind the wall, but the entire projector is behind the wall... I think it would be a pretty simple install and look great as long as their is enough attic in that crawl space behind that wall... (I worked for a high end Home Theater company here in TX called Bjorn's Ausio Video for a while doing custom installs and now I sell insulation and radiant barrier in attics so let me know if you need any pointers or diagrams or anything)

Team AV Fam!!!
pimp.gif

Team AV Fam for sure dude
pimp.gif
 haha.  And making a recessed projector box was my first thought when we moved in, mainly to increase the throw distance because my projector couldn't throw that big an image from so close. But, it was a good excuse to upgrade pj's
laugh.gif
.  If I were to do that in the future, it would have to be fully enclosed because the crawl space is extremely dusty (old house, old insulation, etc.).  Luckily that is an option though, because my new pj's exhaust feeds out the front and to the side, so I wouldn't have an overheating issue sticking it back in a box.  And that's cool you used to work for an A/V company, I bet that would be pretty cool to do.

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

The house is in amazing shape but the list is never ending isn't it? 

QFT!!!!!
laugh.gif
 We've been in our place right at 6 months too, working on it the whole time.  I feel like I haven't had much time to enjoy it, but it's come a long way already.  Nice Bursts too, beautiful 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

jibbycanoe wrote:

Seth - quality work there boss.  when does the next show start
happy.gif

Thanks man. Shows running nightly dude, drop in next time you're in Kentucky
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Here's a pic to make up for my off-topicness today
embarassed.gif

WAY too much heat to comment on the last page
pimp.gif

I wore these today, at first i could not find these in a sz.12 to save my life and now I have 3 sz.12s and a sz.11.5
laugh.gif

Nice ST's Eorr. I love them. I am very surprised they are really comfortable. I wore mine on tuesday.

jibby:
pimp.gif

tak:
pimp.gif

larrivee: Clean A/V set-up & sneaker pile, Sir!

kev: ILLY!
eek.gif
 Those and the Sunburst are the only 90s I really want, but I know I'll never acquire them
frown.gif

Seth - awesome entertainment setup and dope shoe pile
pimp.gif

Landed on my doorstep today
4425504120_0f0ef42a41.jpg

Thanks Ig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom