TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by El Bro

I found a pair of DS Safety Orange 95's from 98 that I want to buy. Do you guys think they are still wearable, assuming they were stored well?

i have recently purchased several pairs of 1998 gradient am95 (safety orange, mustard, crystal). i would say your biggest problem will be yellowing on thetongue and on the white mesh upper. two of my five pairs have some yellowing. and if you consider how old they are it's not really a surprise. the otherthree pairs look like they were produced yesterday. i never had any issues with cracking or something like that. if you're thinking about getting anythingfrom that time then go for it ... and better now than i a few years. from the top of my head i can only remember that the pair of pool blue from kev has fallenapart (hope you'll find yourself a backup). beside that many people here use them regularly (oli, ryan, steve, myself and others).

in the end safety orange is one of the best colorway nike has ever released on the air max 95 (for me). the classic gradation and the vibrant accent coloris just to dope ...

can't wait to see your pics El Bro
smile.gif

EDIT: 300$ is pretty much what you need to budget for em ... they become hard to track down especially in larger sizes. great story man ... a good read

sup fam,
Steve & Oli nice stuff guys
smokin.gif

Cris just wrote you a mail man
wink.gif

El Bro nice story ... can´t wait for the pix

No AMs for me over the past few

Originally Posted by silversurfer5400

I found a pair of DS Safety Orange 95's from 98 that I want to buy. Do you guys think they are still wearable, assuming they were stored well?

i have recently purchased several pairs of 1998 gradient am95 (safety orange, mustard, crystal). i would say your biggest problem will be yellowing on the tongue and on the white mesh upper. two of my five pairs have some yellowing. and if you consider how old they are it's not really a surprise. the other three pairs look like they were produced yesterday. i never had any issues with cracking or something like that. if you're thinking about getting anything from that time then go for it ... and better now than i a few years. from the top of my head i can only remember that the pair of pool blue from kev has fallen apart (hope you'll find yourself a backup). beside that many people here use them regularly (oli, ryan, steve, myself and others).

in the end safety orange is one of the best colorway nike has ever released on the air max 95 (for me). the classic gradation and the vibrant accent color is just to dope ...

smile.gif

EDIT: 300$ is pretty much what you need to budget for em ... they become hard to track down especially in larger sizes. great story man ... a good read

What do you think?

Afternoon fam - long time no chat. Lots has happened. I got engaged last week. House hunting with the fiancee now.

I have some stuff to post, need to take pics. I got a new camera as well. More from me soon!

Flint

Originally Posted by silversurfer5400

i have recently purchased several pairs of 1998 gradient am95 (safety orange, mustard, crystal). i would say your biggest problem will be yellowing on the tongue and on the white mesh upper. two of my five pairs have some yellowing. and if you consider how old they are it's not really a surprise. the other three pairs look like they were produced yesterday. i never had any issues with cracking or something like that. if you're thinking about getting anything from that time then go for it ... and better now than i a few years. from the top of my head i can only remember that the pair of pool blue from kev has fallen apart (hope you'll find yourself a backup). beside that many people here use them regularly (oli, ryan, steve, myself and others).

in the end safety orange is one of the best colorway nike has ever released on the air max 95 (for me). the classic gradation and the vibrant accent color is just to dope ...

smile.gif

wsup fam!!!

I guess you also have to take into consideration that even though a pair has been worn.....it doesn't necessarily mean it's still completelywearable.... you have to find out how recently the pair has been worn...in other words, as long as the previous owner has worn it a bunch of times (maybe like1x or 2x or more a month? gradually over the years...roughly 9+ years depending on the materials and model) as opposed to wearing it a few times when it cameout, then have it stored since (w/o wearing it) .... then when you finally wear it, the shoes might still be flexible, but you would probably have cracks inbetween every milliimeter....and suddenly one day, it falls apart completely... if anything, press the midsole to check... make sure everything is soft orsomewhat soft and bounces back....that's my 2 cents but I could be wrong...sorry if I wasted your time reading this
frown.gif

Steve FSD - I'd say 220-230 @!! on the stashes...

slingman - dope storm bursts (regret not buying a pairfor 130 DS) and mustard / safety oranges

....I was thinking of buying the safetys on ebay.... but I didn't want to risk cracking or fall apart since they were indeedDS...plus I had other shoes in mind but I forgotwhat they were...

take care people!!! peace...

-Brian

Hey,

El Bro - Nice little read, post the colletion!

Nike Drawer - Good insight, it is very important to consider such factors, especially wear.
Steve - Always w/ some great stuff, I too like those bursts
pimp.gif

Flintgrey - Congrats on the engagement and happy home hunting!

Mic - What up homie!

Today. I still think the mesh on these is
sick.gif
, they also fit a little bigand stiff (that's what she said), but I am not going to front, today I thought they looked
smokin.gif
for some reason. Maybe it was the darker denim?
4h89jc.jpg

241tw1i.jpg

Later,
Jerrod

sup Mike, sup Tibor, sup Oli.

nice story, El Bro - them safety oranges look a bit yellowed... you can probably find better conditions than that at abetter price if you are willing to wait more.

and congrats on the engagement, Flint.

*EDIT* Jerrod - nice FP Stabs, they do look better with dark denims. ;-)

Have a good weekend, FAM!

Hey all,

It's been waaaaaay too long since I've peeked my head around here; law school's been giving me the business lately. So long that I legitimatelyfelt bad carrying around my Team AM Fam sig...didn't want to be a freeloader, so I sadly dropped it.
frown.gif

Hope everyone's been well!

Orange blaze today (plus my dog sneaking in to check them out at the last minute
laugh.gif
) to go to my fiancee's house. After 6+ years, we just got engaged on the 9th.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

91125de40070f62d96b364c2463c97fc2f70c31.jpg

What do you think?

i think that mental therapy is a comedian. why else would he make his prices so silly? whenever i need an emotional lift, i go to his ebay store and have agood laugh.

btw. i have had at least 3 pairs of pre-2000 air max 95's crumble on me in the past 2 years. what happens is that the sole separates and a black powderyfoam-like material pours out of the shoe. that was when i was 200# though and i figure that didn't help much. also, when i wear my shoes, i don't babythem. i wear them all day at work from 6am to late in the evening if i go out after.

250910774.jpg

250910775.jpg

RIP...to those....dang

I have some good deals from Mental Therapy...but the $ is so low these days, alot of things are deals for us Euro
heads...

Eagle, nice 95s and congrats my man!!

Jerrod, dope FPs ...I traded mines to Jimmy for some brwn AM1s...what the hell was I thinking??
laugh.gif

Jimmy, u conned me!! j/k

Kuya / pareng Ronnie!!!!!!!! congrats!!!!!!!!!! U an awesome dude so....!! Fly me out there!!

Steve, give em to me...
laugh.gif

Oli, dope JDs!

gotta work tomorrow...yuck..Im off, before Laune shouts at me again

peace!

big hello to everybody ... one of the days i really enjoy this thread

El Bro: i'm not 100% sure about this but i would say that you can exactly see the yellowing on the mesh and the tongue on these(especially on the one he possibly intentionally put in the back). judging from the pics i would say this degree of yellowing wound need to be clearlyidentified in the auction text and with a detailed pic. considering this and the 300$ price tag i would not buy these. you might have to get along with theidea that it will take you a while to find them again. but then possibly in perfect condition. as said, one of my safety orange am95 pairs is also yellowed ...but i paid significantly less for them and considering that they are from 1998 i have no problem with the fact that they show some sign of age. but as said ...not for anything close to 300$
beside that i can comfirm what kevin said. mental therapy is really od'ing it on the prices. that's why some of his auctions are on ebay for ages.

therefore personally i'd say: pass

Flint and eaglebball1499: to both of you congratulation on your engagements. i wish you all the best for your future.

oh and these orange blaze look nice!

damn kevin that the type of picture we don't want to see
frown.gif
... i'm really sorry to hear that this has happened to more than one pair. really bad luck...

jd's look dope on the pic and dope in person. jd is really doing it big lately

night fam

Thanks, I was kind of skeptical because of the price, but I have always loved the shoe, and was considering it. But I will pass. I think I want a used pair,that way there is a better chance of them not cracking. In the meantime, Im anxiously awaiting my 2003 infrared 90's . I cant wait to rock them.

Tibor - Sling - Random....thx on the congrats!

Eagle - looks like we're walking down the same plank....lol

El Bro - hit me up on PM - I have a horror story about a Mental Therapy experience....

Yeah Flint, but it's a plank that I'm happy to be walking down...at least I say that now.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
Congrats to yourself as well, and thanks to all forall the well-wishes.

BEAUTIFUL day in Miami today, and I'll be stuck inside cranking for the end of the semester.
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif

Skull packs:

97b251c4777ba6ee9be39d42d0861c9242b1289.jpg

I don't have as much am heat as the rest of you but I still want to be part of the team so.....

Forgive me for taking up so much space
Quick BIO:

What's going on gang? Name's Warly and I reside in the Canarsie area of Brooklyn NY. I hail from Humble beginnings and I am the product of 2ndgeneration Honduran and Grenadian .immigrants. I've been into air maxes from as early as I knew what the shoes actually were which is from about 6th grade(98). My parents weren't exactly "financially stable" back then so I was able to attain new kicks for school only once every 5-6 months
frown.gif
. I went to catholic school where sneakers were only allowed on Gym day whichwas once a week so you can imagine how frustrated I was always seeing public school kids with the latest 95s on while i had on oxfords . Anyway my love for airmaxes actually grew because of a major unfortunate occurrence (at least that's what it would be considered here on NT).

My fresh man year of highschool is when I purchased my first pair of "air maxes" ever. I dropped 150 plus 20 dollars on shipping from Florida.They were all black, suede, and had white air units. When they came in, I realized that the box was covered in priority mail tape and that the Nike shoe boxwas a little off. I thought nothing of it until I wore them to school and some loud mouth chick put me on blast in the lunchroom and said that they lookedfake
mad.gif
. It was my first ebay experience ever and I dropped 150 on them so Itook major offense when she outed me. I went home that day and examined them carefully.She was right!
embarassed.gif
I went online that day and researched all that I could about fakes toprevent that experience from ever happening again. In 05' is when I really began to actually attain some of my am grails. My pride and joys right now arethe womens 98s and the turbo pink 95s. (I just got a thing for the women's color ways especially the HOA Blue/Gray am1).

Purchasing my 1st air maxes was a really valuable experience for me because it helped me realize how much I loved the concept and design of the differentmodels. My favorite shoe of all time is and always will be the air max 87 (1). Nike changed the whole game when they decided to adopt Marian Frank Rudy'sidea of stuffing air into kicks
pimp.gif
(Too bad adidas didn't see what wasahead
laugh.gif
). I guess its just how simple the shoe is and the fact that whenthe shoe 1st dropped, you were able to at least see the comfort and support that you were droppin cash on! I also love the shoe because, IN MY OPINION,practically all of its collabos have been straight fire! Kid Robots, Clot, atmos, huf quakes etc. So with all that said heres my humble collection air maxesand all (sorry for the rediculously long read
embarassed.gif
)......

[
sorry about that

^^ This ain't a collection post, homie, get that jordan and vandal trash outta here
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
Our bad, we should've specified only Air Maxes but it'salright

The pink AM1s are a perfect Spring/Summer shoe; colors really pop in the sunlight. I don't even like wearing pink but I bought those shoes for cheap...

Nice AM Deluxes (those are deluxes right?) and turbo pink 95s. Are those AM120s, the ones posted before the cool grey IVs?

I regret on passing on the red spiridons.

Anyone want to buy the TeamAmFam shirts in 3xl?I'll sell them both cheap because they're used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom