TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by battleground03

3183459143_0fd86fc0a0.jpg

SO SICK.

id kill for a sz14

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

^if i recall, only the OG '95s actually say "25 PSI" on the air bubble... maybe some of the '97 / '98 releases did too, but i definitely don't think it was past that.
thats what i was trhinking but for some reason i thought they maybe had a few euros from 99 that still had it. Thanks for the reply
It all camne up from when i seent those small air units on the 95s pictured above. When did that travesty begin?
I'm thinking 2002. The 2002 AM95s have the same bottoms as the OG 95s but with the PSI readings missing. Then by 2004, they changed the entire bottom to what you see now (the Nike Air logo within that lined pattern).

Someone on Nike Retro (I forgot who and where) said they stopped putting the PSI readings as a way for Nike to cover their own butts...people in America will sue for anything (word to people winning lawsuits for spilling coffee all over themselves) and they didn't want to get into legal trouble over PSI readings that were inaccurate. Air pressure varies depending on the weather conditions so something that is 5 PSI or 25 PSI or 20 PSI would be susceptible to fluctuation.
thanks for the clarity. Regardless im amazed at how the 95 looks now compared to past releases.

The Air Max 95 SCs from 1999 have the most ridiculous-looking air units ever. I swear, those things were like double the size of the air units now...

Thanks mheftman! Dont' think them made them in 14
ohwell.gif

Some good info. being thrown around here.

One of the last 95's with the large(medium) unit
3185176439_3bb0d1deae.jpg

There is an article in the latest issue of Sole (Nov/Dec 08) in which they interview a couple Nike Sportswear execs regarding retro's and the necessarychanges that are made when a shoe is re-made. Their claim is essentially that environmental and Nike manufacturing standards have changed over time and as aresult, they are now using "safer" gases in the air unit manufacturing process. In addition, the air bubbles are not actually smaller, but due tonecessary design processes and geometries that accompany the new gases employed...the shape of the air units are simply different. Below is an excerpt from thearticle:
"...so you don't see that center seam kind of bulging out anymore. Usually they're on top or bottom."

I like an aesthetically pleasing air unit as much as the next person, but all things must evolve over time. Now sale me all of your bulging air unit AM'sin a sz 12
laugh.gif

I just miss the bulge the old air units had. But, what's done is done.

I wonder if they go into why some retros look so off compared to their originals (Air Max Lights and Air Stabs in particular)

What up Fam,

Nice stuff as usual all.

I think that the Black Lux 95s have the psi info on the bottom. I don't know what year they released and know that they are an exception to the norm.

Mic - Congrats my friend that is very exciting news. I hope that you are well!
Tibor - I love those bursts. The use of materials looks
pimp.gif

Later,
Jerrod

Originally Posted by briannnnn

I just miss the bulge the old air units had. But, what's done is done.

I wonder if they go into why some retros look so off compared to their originals (Air Max Lights and Air Stabs in particular)
That's certainly a good question, but it was not addressed directly. They did mention the evolution of the design philosophy that prohibitsthem from doing something that may have been revolutionary upon original release, but now is simply antiquated and illogical. Most importantly, they didmention the importance of trying to match the colors used on the OG's. Interesting enough, neon cw's are considered the most environmentally unfriendlycolors ever used. I guess you could say that retro's are "considered" to some degree
grin.gif

btw, don't ask me why I bought a copy of Sole...other than the fact that it had Penny on the cover
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by avngrguild

That's certainly a good question, but it was not addressed directly. They did mention the evolution of the design process that prohibits them from doing something that may have been revolutionary upon original release, but now is simply antiquated and illogical. Most importantly, they did mention the importance of trying to match the colors used on the OG's. Interesting enough, neon cw's are considered the most environmentally unfriendly colors ever used.

btw, don't ask me why I bought a copy of Sole...other than the fact that it had Penny on the cover
ohwell.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I guess the brightness of the original colors has been traded in for color processes that are more environmentally friendly? Ironic that one of the mostsought-after colorways is actually bad for the planet.

waaaazzzz uuuuppp fam,
haven´t been in here for quite some time
hope everybodys doing good
Mike congrats and best of luck for you daddy
wink.gif

Aaron sick Persians ... have the 09s all ready released ?

^ the "cracking" he refers to is the paint chipping on the midsoles. no structural damage to the shoe, but still very unsightly.

Hello Fam-lay! Sorry, I've been mia lately. Have been wearing mostly forces due to the cold weather over here. It's damn freezing to be honest. Hopeyou and yours are doing well.

Today
1z3w5mc.jpg

Peace out.

mic: i will hit you up with the details of the AMS trip, we will only be in the city for 2 days or so. thanks forgetting back at me .
wore these yesterday for a beautiful day at the beach...

3188114166_abecfba182.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom