TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
neukicks- you beat me too it.. I had to double check that the FAM was bumped off page 1.

First time out with maroon laces.

Battleground- If I had to choose only 7 pairs, these would be them for now
ohwell.gif
(The thought of that even happening one day
frown.gif
)
1-DW 90
2-Laser Blue 90
3-Laser Blue Lights
4-LAF 90
5-DQM / Bacon 90
6-Stealth Blue 90
7-BW Puffy Tongue Persian's

I smell Bacon, mmmmm, good. Nice Mike.

My 7 to keep would be, and in order:

1. Amsterdam
2. Safari (Atmos)
3. Stash BW
4. Bacon 90
5. USA AM1
6. Urawa
7. Viotech (Atmos)

Cris.

1. Original Mesh Air Max 1(Red/White) obviously right Jibby?
laugh.gif

2. Original Mesh Air Max 1(Navy Blue/White)
3. Safari's
happy.gif

4. Hold Tight
5. Air Max '98
6. Air Max Light III
7. Neon Air Max Light

I think?
laugh.gif

Good stuff everybody, hope you're all having a good Friday. ^Some nice lists up there, thought-provoking subject to say the least.

Won one of my grails in an auction last night, pretty stoked
pimp.gif
. Whenthey were first listed (incorrectly btw), I made the seller an offer. He declined because there were a few watchers and he wanted to let it ride. Long storyshort, ended up winning them for less than I offered him a week ago
glasses.gif

^ Don't you just love that....then they're probably like, "Damn, I should've took dudes offer.........."

It happened to me a few times, I'd offer, get declined, but end up winning the item for way less.

Cris.

^ Yep, I didn't win them for a lot less than I originally offered, but he was probably like "I could've already had my money like a week ago"
laugh.gif

For the HT heads that expressed interest, here's a few shots of my theater room (still very much in-progress).

BEFORE: "wood central"
laugh.gif
, my diy screen still wrapped up from moving.

Priming phase: This is why it took so long to paint. For every coat, every notch in the paneling had to be cut in witha brush
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

One coat on the walls, ceiling still untouched.

AFTER: walls/trim/ceiling all done. This is where the screen will go.

Close-up of finishes: "gun-metal" gray walls, "graphite" ceiling, white trim. All paints are flat finish to minimize glare.

I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but the old paneling looks pretty sharp painted (imo)
tongue.gif
. Today I'm gonna be cleaning up and then mounting the screen and runningspeaker wire/setting up speakers. Sorry for the amount of pics, hopefully nobody minds
embarassed.gif

Have a good one guys!

^^^ I like the "gun metal" color. I wish I had an extra bedroom to convert into a "man cave" (TV, computer, shoes, fish tank, lil beerfridge and a vape)

A lot of interesting list of 7's so far.
I got home last night, opened my closet's to pick out the 7 which I clearly had in mind and all of the sudden I had this
indifferent.gif
expression on my faces. I started opening boxes to just realize that 7pairs is just not going to cut it
mad.gif
Damn near lost my freaking mindthinking about it. So for now I can only be sure of two (Viotech and Safari's).

3429593207_11a6815f1c.jpg
3756283762_d2ee19572e.jpg

What I wore yesterday
4036845158_d0fa7aae8f.jpg

4036094029_f193708714.jpg

Originally Posted by crisone

^ Don't you just love that....then they're probably like, "Damn, I should've took dudes offer.........."

It happened to me a few times, I'd offer, get declined, but end up winning the item for way less.

Cris.
yup, me too. offered $85 shipped for '04 huarache light bursts, dude countered with $110 or something, won 'em for $65 shipped, heh.

larrivee - very nice paint job, "gun metal" is an awesome color. it definitely looks better than the wood did, nice work!

Chris - vape = vaporizer? definitely a necessary addition to a man cave! haha. lovely shot of the atmos there too... after seeing so many of your kicks postedin here over the last couple years, I don't know how you could possibly pick 7 favorites (and that goes for a lot of other fam members).

Safari's, again......dope, I'm somewhat close to getting another DS pair, just need the loot.

Cris.

7 pairs? it would probably be 4 pairs of neon yellow 95's and 3 pairs of infrared 90's
laugh.gif

if i could only keep 7 pairs of my air maxes? wow. hmm... . . wooo that's tough. no other runners like spiridons or talarias??? hmmm... . .

2eqf19c.jpg

104pwz5.jpg

mr2vqh.jpg

14c4sye.jpg

2uz8ku9.jpg

zmi6c2.jpg

168e82h.jpg

Chris - dude i was looking at my shelves/stacks yesterday, trying to think about 7 pairs....just couldn't bedone!....btw...Vape(volcano?
nerd.gif
), JD's, Atmos'....and i spy thosespiri's
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Larrivee - the theatre room is looking dope so far, i also like that color choice.
pimp.gif

.....speaking of spiridon's....i remember once, quite a while back, there was talk about them being available on ID........that never saw the light of dayright?
nerd.gif
....would have been so dope to make some pairs.
ohwell.gif

my very unstable and confused list of 7:

1. JD AM98's and the other 98's
2. all my AM lights and AM95's
3. USA 87's and the rest of the 87's i have
4. maize 90's/infrared 90's
5. stealth 90's/laser blue 90's and the rest of my 90's
6. all my ID's(including the forthcoming round of 87's which i will be freebasing on this whole winter)
7. atmos 95's and 87s

This list would be a lot different if I owned the 4 pairs I wanted the most
laugh.gif

But using what I have (In order) -
3729382517_66a1e379a7_m.jpg

4033536074_7407488308_m.jpg

3429438505_757703cf58_m.jpg

3486361774_712835b9a0_m.jpg

3430294164_5a77e24767_m.jpg

3430269534_066e428468_m.jpg

3687617679_ed4d314467_m.jpg

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Chris - dude i was looking at my shelves/stacks yesterday, trying to think about 7 pairs....just couldn't be done!....btw...Vape(volcano?
nerd.gif
), JD's, Atmos'....and i spy those spiri's
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Larrivee - the theatre room is looking dope so far, i also like that color choice.
pimp.gif

.....speaking of spiridon's....i remember once, quite a while back, there was talk about them being available on ID........that never saw the light of day right?
nerd.gif
....would have been so dope to make some pairs.
ohwell.gif

my very unstable and confused list of 7:

1. JD AM98's and the other 98's
2. all my AM lights and AM95's
3. USA 87's and the rest of the 87's i have
4. maize 90's/infrared 90's
5. stealth 90's/laser blue 90's and the rest of my 90's
6. all my ID's(including the forthcoming round of 87's which i will be freebasing on this whole winter)
7. atmos 95's and 87s
laugh.gif
very unstable Bro' ONLY 7 Pairs, and take themmaize 90's out of the equation
roll.gif

Neil - nice list! Always been a fan of the brown 95's. You need to take those Presto's out and add 2 more AM's
wink.gif

Kev - Out of everyone I though you would have a hard time picking your 7, Neons were on my list too. What no Monster 95's?

Yes lets keep it to just Air Max - I would have a harder time trying to pick out Huarache LE's, Spiridons, etc.

Brian - vaporizer is correct
pimp.gif
can't chance spilling that gawdawfull water in the cave hahaha!

Originally Posted by battleground03

Kev - Out of everyone I though you would have a hard time picking your 7, Neons were on my list too. What no Monster 95's?

lol. this is my list on how i feel today. 3 weeks from now it might be diff except for the neons and infrareds - those are in my permanent harem. didn'tnotice i had only posted 5 pairs - just added 2 more. thought long and hard about putting white monsters in there even though i wear green monsters alot. wouldhave put more grey gradient 95's in there (especially pools) but i've grown to like them less ever since they've all been crumbling on me. this top7 air maxes was a dope idea.

seriously though. i really wish i could trim it down to 50 pairs total. my life would be much better. instead of doing a collect post again i might dig all mystuff out and do a top 50 faves. will be real interesting to see how hard it would be for me to do.

Originally Posted by battleground03

A lot of interesting list of 7's so far. I got home last night, opened my closet's to pick out the 7 which I clearly had in mind and all of the sudden I had this
indifferent.gif
expression on my faces. I started opening boxes to just realize that 7 pairs is just not going to cut it
Yeah, 7 is too few! I feel like my 7 would change daily. Well, I will attempt...in no particular order:

1. AM95 Neon - how could u not?
2mnomth.jpg

2. JD Air Max Light - this colorway or the wh/blk/red colorway...
2q0rskg.jpg

3. OTO AM360/2003 Hybrid - I love this shoe so much for some reason. Such a simple & clean c/w. Go a half size up, FYI!
345zw4k.jpg

4. AM 180 Opium - I usually like subtle shoes, but this one just screams out loud & I love it for some reason.
zt9jx3.jpg

5. AM97 HOA - Such a classic shoe....the OTO Hybrid is dope too!
64fiag.jpg

6. AM 180 Ultramarine (from 2003 or HOA) - Although a dirt magnet, I could wear this shoe for life...
5wfalz.jpg

7. AM2009 Volt - I wish I had ten pairs of this shoe! Most comfortable AM ever!
2u3xet5.jpg

Just missing my list....
2yum1w6.jpg

and if we count Stabs...
2m6mxrm.jpg

Anyways, I'm out kids....have a good weekend, Fam!

Thanks for the comments guys. I already liked the color from the sample, but when I saw the name was "gun metal" I was sold
laugh.gif

This list of 7 topic is very cool, I'm enjoying seeing everybody's pics.
pimp.gif

Kevin - I forgot about your sig
roll.gif

7 is easy for me cuz of my size lol. I just listed te top 5 I own. If I had smaller feet my top 7 would be a lot different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom