TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dan - bursts look great, nice pic.

brick - nice lights.

chris - sick 87s.

ufb - nice job on the restoration. I did the same thing to a pair of those, I love the colorway.

good stuff all around.

BubbaEla1 wrote:
i like them pattas> simple, clean. 200 pairs or 2 million pairs. And don't forget the work patta has done with asics too. Some fine work.
I should have got a pair when offered. Im stuck now a days. I pride myself on not buying shes but as a product of hype myself i feel like i should by some of these tier o limited shes but also cheap clearnced out max 95s that you can find for $20-$30 in the los angeles area. I just got the solebox 1500s and get my normal flow from various comapnies but damn if i might have to start buying a few deals too good to pass up. But really not to wear them. Only to sell them years later on. Then i feel like a reselling prick. Its a tough spot to be in. But lets face it, shoes became a business and less of a passion by both the consumer and companie in "lets say" 02. Any thoughts from yous all in this thread? i feel i have a good rapor with some of you in here. I still have all my connections but just dont follow up on them unless its free. To buy or not to buy.......
What up Corgi. Hope all is well your way. Just my thoughts....
98% of this hobby / passion / whatever is beyond fu#ked up. (Obviously) The little kids, too many forums, blogs, over saturated media attention, in general,has the shoe thing somewhere it shouldn't be. I feel you on the "to buy or not to buy." A while back I figured out that with the greatrelationships I had with shops around town I could pretty much fund my sneaker habit by flipping some shoes here and there.....but in the end it wasn'tworth it to me. To buy up stock to make $$$ only to deprive others of sneakers they could have at retail just isn't right.......just not good karma. Resellers paying others to sit in line so they can drive up prices with less availability I absolutely can not stand. While most "limited" releasesare downright nasty with there hyper-bright CWs and gimmicks, on occasion the hard to find shoes are done well and are something I want. Why someone does whatthey do makes all the difference. Buy what you like....and for no other reason.

I can't control what others do; I choose to not shop at Walmart for a lot of reasons, but I'm not going to picket in front of the store just to tryand tell everyone why. Like I said, I choose not to be part of the problem, that's all. I'd much rather help other good-natured collectors outwhenever I can than call in those favors just to make a dollar.

I used to log on daily and flutter around these forums like a wh#re, but I've been so turned off by the simple lack of humanity that I really only postin this thread, and check around for info on upcoming releases I may be interested in. To see the FAM post info, and continually help oneanother out anywaypossible is exactly how everyother forum / thread should be. People posting a pic and "Yo, got these from my local spottoday" when there are half a dozen posts asking where to find them, and your "local spot" takes phone orders absolutely makes me ill.

I thought on-line forums were started for information sharing, and to better whatever they are specific to. Sneaker forums, for the most part, seem to bethe exception to that rule. Not sure why, but love to see the FAM doing things how it should be done.

The flaunting, and every "big-time" collector just trying to outdo the last post, instead of sharing info, and helping others out makes meabsolutely sick to my stumach as well. The way I look at it, is that I can't fix everything, and I'll make of it what I like. I don't post mostof my pick-ups, and there are a handfull of friends and fellow collectors that I talk with daily. I'll always share and help anyone I can, not to try tomake a dent in how screwed up this hobby is, but because it's right.

As for your particular dilema.....I can't speak to it very accurately. Nobody thinks I'm important enough to be shipping me piles of free shoes. If they did I'd like to say that I'd just take what I like, rock em, stack em, and love life, but not being in your shoes makes it easy to say that. Iloved dope sneakers growing up, and still do. Most of my favorites are ones that take me back to my childhood. With every super-hyped release I'mreminded of why I started stacking boxes......because of the shoes, not the hype around them. I don't care if a shoe is 1 of 1.....ugly is ugly. Everyonehas different taste, and everyone started messin with shoes for a slightly different reason. It's well known that you have / had put together one of thelargest collections known about.........over 2,000 pairs from what I've read. You've also said that you don't wear any of them. If you bought allthese up with the initial intention to sell em off down the road then do what you do. If you bought them out of love only to have the whole state of thingschange how you look at them.....then I don't know. To each his own, and everyone / everything evolves.....hopefully for the better, but not most of thetime.

I could go on for days and days and pages and pages about what's wrong with the sneaker thing, but I'll end by saying Team AM Fam is a bright lightin an awfully dim hobby. Each and everyone who posts, contributes, and helps out here has genuinely restored a good bit of faith in me.

-Andrew-

dope stuff Fam...

UFB...dope pick up. I know Jake has a pair of those....I have the 87s
nerd.gif

Chris..Clean 87s super simple and clean. Hopefully the ID options will let us create simple stuuf like those
smokin.gif
Damn I need to hit Roscoes, never beenthere
smh.gif
@ me. I think I need to take the 1hr+ drive for some chicken n waffles.

Anyone get the Pattas besides Mic and Lex? Jake, did you get the only 13 in the world? haha...kinda been on the lookout for em, but cant find my size
smh.gif

Hey Cris (or any PS peeps) I just got a recent version of PS and havent installed it yet, how difficult is it to make tags like yours?

Peace Fam!

yo, where the hell are all these AM1s releasing!?

I missed out on both OG quickstrikes, now the purple pattas?

someone help an air max no0b...

*****BREAKING NEWS***** SUP FAM, I JUST FOUND OUT THIS MORNING THAT JD SPORTS NOW DELIVER WORLDWIDE HERE ARE THE CHARGE RATES:

destination cost
mainland uk £3.99
isle of man and isle of white £3.99
northern ireland £3.99
republic of ireland £8.99
channel isles (guernsey and jersey) £8.99
usa £13.99
australia £13.99
belgium £8.99
canada £13.99
cyprus £13.99
czech republic £13.99
denmark £8.99
faore islands £8.99
finland £8.99
france £8.99
germany £8.99
gibraltar £13.99
greece £8.99
greenland £8.99
hong kong £13.99
iceland £8.99
italy £8.99
japan £13.99
lichenstein £8.99
lithuania £8.99
luxembourg £8.99
malta £24.99
monaco £8.99
netherlands £8.99
new zealand £13.99
norway £8.99
poland £8.99
portugal (inc. maderia and azores) £8.99
san marino £8.99
singapore £13.99
spain (inc. canary isles) £8.99
sweden £8.99
switzerland £8.99
turkey £24.99
uae £13.99

Originally Posted by larrivee7

^ I just saw that..................uh-oh.

co-sign
so i went to the nike iD studio in NYC over the weekend and dude said the AM1 iD got pushed back to early december...
ohwell.gif

Andrew-
smokin.gif

Taffy- Seems like Ive waited forever for JD to finally come through. Now that this option is available there really isnt anything Im interested in. I will bepaying a little more attention to the site in the near future. *Size?online ships too

Originally Posted by BIGRED33

Originally Posted by larrivee7

^ I just saw that..................uh-oh.

co-sign
so i went to the nike iD studio in NYC over the weekend and dude said the AM1 iD got pushed back to early december...
ohwell.gif
Thats not too bad...I was kinda hoping that they'd drop for the new year.

Originally Posted by tak

Taffy- Seems like Ive waited forever for JD to finally come through. Now that this option is available there really isnt anything Im interested in. I will be paying a little more attention to the site in the near future.
Yeah, there's not much I would really go for at the moment. Could cause financial stress down the road, though.

That being said, these are VERY nice:

hmm, would be useful if JD/Size? started putting out classic/og stuff again...

iD's pushed back, grrr... maybe they want to see how the new am90s do first.

Andrew - i feel you man, there's a lot of greedy people out there, this kind of hobby only works if people do for others and not just for self. that'swhy I pretty much live in this thread too, heh. the majority of the rest of NT makes me angry and bitter.

good info on the JD shipping and 87 iDs being pushed back.
Cleveland - I feel you sir. that is why I pretty much stay in here. TAF stays doing it for the love!

Mike / Brian: Thanks guys! Sorry for such a negative rant in a mostly very posative thread, but wanted to weigh in on what Corgie spoke on.

Battleground- NICE 1's! Those are stunning. Happy Birthday as well Sir.

So, have the green pattas hit all US accounts, or will we be seeing more? I have a coulple shops that get just about every quickstrike. Hoping they'll comein so I can grab a pair and help out the FAM.

Oh, and if anyone has a style # for them I'd have better luck finding out who's getting what.

TheTaffy- That's great to know!! Thank you!

Have a great day all.
-Andrew-

Thanks for the JD info... I wish they did that sooner...

Cleveland - I feel yea... I cosign pretty much all of what u said. Im doing the same Wal-Mart boycott for personal reasons. Team AM Fam is the only forum notfilled with trash-talking hype beasts. If u ask a question anywhere else, people tear u up... Glad people here are humble and try to help each other out.

I guess pushing back the AM1 IDs will give me time to save more money...

hmn... 14quid delivery to singapore (i assume they do malaysia as well, since i'm just there). hard to be cheap when shipping is priced so low... theexchange rate for the pound has taken a beating too compared to when i was there (£1 = $2).

i forsee a lot of problems with customs though. and jd UK doesn't exactly have the lowest retail prices...

bittersweet. bittersweet...

damn ClipsofDoom was selling OG tailwind 92's deadstock in box and they sold for $53 shipped on the bay. I missed the auction by seconds because I wasadvising a student. damn work, getting in the way of my eBay binging! lol. I just hope fam grabbed those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom