TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome
smile.gif

whattup fam,
so i picked up the maxim parra's over the weekend while in NY and was pretty happy with them

But when i get home to look at them better and notice there's is a tiny spot on the mudguard that's missing suede .....

i dunno if i should try taking them back to nike or if i should just take the L on this one and keep em.
i showed the problem to my friends i went to NY with and they looked at me like i was a %**@#!% hahaha
is this a big deal or am i just being picky?

peace fam

BigRed- LOL I had to do a double take...are you talking about that tiny white spot?

Bigred - I find those little imperfections intensely annoying as well. I'd try to live with that though.

The AM 87 toebox issue continue to baffle me. If they can get it right on those Trainer Maxims then why can't they do it on a shoe they've beenproducing for over 20 years.

Originally Posted by danloveuk

Bigred - I find those little imperfections intensely annoying as well. I'd try to live with that though.

The AM 87 toebox issue continue to baffle me. If they can get it right on those Trainer Maxims then why can't they do it on a shoe they've been producing for over 20 years.
thats what Im saying too, those red/white qs that came out over the summer the toebox it kinda squarish and sometimes the shape of the shoereminds me of the air bursts.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by tak

BigRed- LOL I had to do a double take...are you talking about that tiny white spot?
laugh.gif
yea im talking about the tiny white spot
embarassed.gif

but it does kinda bother me, mainly because if i just spent 100+ dollars on a shoe, they should be perfect IMO.
the pic sucks but if i stare at it, i can see the stitching underneath the suede.
im just gonna keep em and put a sharpie to my bald spot.
tired.gif

danloveuk and clips - the toe box shape doesn't really bother me, but it would be nice if they used the shape on maximtrainers on the maxims. i think the maxim trainers would look better without the "trainer" part

Sizing question I have?

How do the Huaraches from 2000 fit. True to size or small. I havent had a pair since I was 11 and dont remember and I found a pair I really like from 2000.

and how about the 93's from 2002. Do they fit like the Burst, or run big. Ive never owned a pair of 93's. Thanks

nice viotechs adob0 and Chris (and happy b'day Chris, whenever it may be). I was able to get to the PO before work to pick these up today. pardon thecrappy pics, but I'm very happy with these. the seller said they were worn but they could easily pass for deadstock. nice price too.

'04 varsity red air max 95:

anyway, off to work. have a good day fam.

Bigred- Sharpies do come in handy..

Denver- Nice 95's. Them things are Popping!

El Bro - Do you mean Hurarache LEs? Because if you do I've heard they run pretty small. I know some people go as far as a full size up... imaginethey'll be snug in your true size. 93s run true to size imo.

Denver - Dope pick up. They sh*t all over the more recent 95s with red accents.

Originally Posted by gswarriorz

Pacquiao vs Cotto fight is near (Nov.14). Ima huge pac-man fan... Anyone tryin to pickup the new manny trainers on Nov.14? I might be campin early for these either in NTSF or NTLA, haven't decided yet. I'll try my best to snag a few extra pairs if anyone is interested.

Cotto!

I'm thinking I'm the only Rican on the Team repping for Miguel. All good. I got a little fight in me too.
smile.gif

Oh yea, @!$$ Antonio Margarito.

as usual, good @@+* in here. bground; those are very nice...

on the note of defects on shoes - i would return them. and if they no longer had any in my size, i'd gun for a refund. i $**%%+# hate it when there aredefects in DS sneakers i get from a retail store.... what happened to B grades? throw 'em in that pile!

not as imaginative; out with the gf today as it was her birthday:
4071743689_026d31a55f.jpg

El Bro - I only have one par of Huaraches, and they are not from 2000 but they fit wicked small. so I'd agree withDan in saying you could go as much as a full size up.
these are the ones I have...

nice pickup denver. as much as I love 95s I just can't get myself to buy the newer releases. those on the otherhand are
pimp.gif

yeah i've decided that I really only want 95's that were still made with the seam in the bubble, but not older than 2000 or so. paranoid about thecrumbling. I think they stopped the seam just before the HOA stuff, right? but yeah, I haven't been able to bring myself to buy a pair of 95's withthe "new bubbles" yet either. maybe if the price is right. I do need a pair on the cheap with black midsole/red bubbles for a possible sole swapproject though, so, size 11 if anybody spots anything.
nerd.gif

Thanks for the info. I cant chance it on a sz. 9.5 if the Huaraches LE's fit small. This colorway is badass too. Oh well, just have to wait for a sz. 10.
smile.gif

^ what size do you normally wear? cus I normally wear a 10.5-11 and mine are a 10.5. they fit, but they are very snug. but the back part also stretches out (myheel is nowhere near the end of the sole) so I assume they will get loose with age. and they are surprisingly still quite comfortable. what colorway?

I have a pair of OG LEs and they're just a lil hard to put on....after that they fit fine for me, a lil snug but they stretch and plus I kind of think thesizing was intended for a snug fit.

93s fit true.

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

Manny Trainers? Did i miss, details please dude....
New many trainers coming out the day of the fight 11-14-09. Haven't found pics or store list. I'll post when i find em.

Before planning to camp overnight for em, does anyone have a hookup on the new trainers or previous ones? I would greatly appreciate it.

250524647597 - Size 11 Mowabb 93's. A little more beat than i'd want from a shoe like that, but if someone gave them a good clean, they could turn outnice. Just throwing it our there for you guys.

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

^ what size do you normally wear? cus I normally wear a 10.5-11 and mine are a 10.5. they fit, but they are very snug. but the back part also stretches out (my heel is nowhere near the end of the sole) so I assume they will get loose with age. and they are surprisingly still quite comfortable. what colorway?

Im a 9.5-10. 10 in 95's, and 90's, and 9.5 in 1's. The color is slate blue/midnight navy-black
happy.gif

and I have to agree with you on the 95's. I cant pull myself to buy a pair of 95's with the newer air units. I just cant do it. After 4 years youwould think they wouldve grown on me as much as I like the 95, but they havent. So Im pretty sure I will never buy a 95 past 05 seeing that Nike will never goback to the old air units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom