TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some lucky steals coming in! Getting my Air Max 2009s on!
Lime greens $70: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...eName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Royal blue $90: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

pimp.gif

Jake - I used Angelus

Greg - First Cris, now you. Congrat man! Can't wait to see some shots.

I broke these out after work
3994625372_d521b0e3cb_o.jpg

ahemmm' Hey Justin , if you don't losin up that grip on them W&Ws you have in our size. Me and Brick are coming to get'cha !

whats good famo, its been raining a lot lately here in chicago, so as of lately i havent been rocking too many am's. got some bad news on my infrared irecently painted.
check it
the before

and after

this happened after a couple of wears, im guessing that they are always gonna be like that.
tired.gif

as you can tell thats how these were before

brick- I no your on top of your camera game, you got any recommendations on some decently priced cameras such as nikons or cannons? Im looking to buy one, butfor the right price.
anyways peace fam

El Bro, If the original mesh 1s are DS $200 is probably about right. If near DS i'd be paying $130ish. Offer him $150and see how you go, he may sell them to you.

Not sure what to wear tonight yet, beaters tomorrow, getting some ink on my leg.

Originally Posted by tak

ahemmm' Hey Justin , if you don't losin up that grip on them W&Ws you have in our size. Me and Brick are coming to get'cha !
grin.gif
nerd.gif

KVN - nice deals
Chris -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Mike -
mad.gif

Brian -
pimp.gif

Greg - dope camera pickup.....i
nerd.gif
some good shots in the immediate future.

...some new lights popping up....pics from purchaze.com

mens...

nike_airmaxlight_wb_2.jpg

womens...

nike_airmaxlight_wrer_2.jpg

Originally Posted by battleground03

Nah, first me, then Cris and now G...
pimp.gif

The T1i is great, I just desperately need some new glass for it...

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

Originally Posted by battleground03

Nah, first me, then Cris and now G...
pimp.gif

The T1i is great, I just desperately need some new glass for it...

If I had someone bankrolling it for me, I would have it first too...
roll.gif
roll.gif

Get off your %#% and buy some glass! (it rhymes...trust me)

Broke these out for today, only been in them for about an hour and already feeling a slight shock to my heels.
ohwell.gif

V- You know the FAM will continue holding it down. Ive been thinking the same as of late, plus with the holidays a few months away Ireally need to build my savings up again. I went a good 2 months without making a purchase just so I can snag on them DW's. I could go another few monthsuntil tax season comes along again....
ohwell.gif
Okay, instead of 1 pair amonth, 1 pair every other month..(maybe)
laugh.gif

TAKE CARE FAM!........................ upper cased
nerd.gif

those infra 90s, i personally believe you added too much paint, in fact i would've never stripped the paint, i woulda just rubbed some paint in with myfinger tips to fill it in, and create the illusion that they're fixed, clean

Guys, it's been a pleasure being a member of team amfam, but i'm gonna hafta say good bye for a while, i just can't keep up with you guys, andcoming into this posts constantly reminds me of maxes i missed out on, want, don't really want....etc etc, it doesn't help to be working a bs job andhaving air maxes be the real only reason that i've been continuing with sneakers lately....

i'll see you guys when the air max 1 ids hit, and maybe when i'm able to gather up my ams for you guys to see, but until november, it's been great,tak, chris, justin, airon, briannnnn and everyone else, denver, avn, brick....etc. etc., these are just the names that pop up now

thanks y'all, i'll be seeing you guys again soon, hopefully sooner once i land a career.

goku-angel.jpg

daaz nice execution with the Goku gif
laugh.gif

best of luck with landing a career. be easy fam. see you when the AM1 hit iD
wink.gif

EDIT
clips- i agree with daaz, i probably wouldnt have stripped all the paint, maybe just a patch job. try adding acetone to the paint, its helpedme with my paint jobs. try adding thin layers instead of one thick layer

Clips - hmm that's a bummer about your 90s. it might be because there was already so much paint missing to begin with. you could always keep repaintingthem before wearing them. or try some other types of paint. none of the kicks I've painted have had that happen so far, at least not that bad after only acouple of wears. but none of them have been that messed up to begin with. I did fully strip a pair of bursts and repainted them completely, and they didn'teven crack that bad. you might want to try to put some acrylic sealer under or over the paint next time, it might help some. don't give up!

Daazn - I don't think he stripped it, I think it was just mostly cracked/rubbed off to begin with. that bottom picture he showed was the before pic. as faras leaving, that's too bad, but you'll be back! the temptation of the air max will drive you to get a better paying job so you can buy more air max.best of luck to you!

daaz: look here mate; no need to leave. take a cue from me! i obviously can't keep up, yet i still stick with the fam... you know, just in case!!
laugh.gif

stay around and just read, mate. that's what i do, honest.

i've been at work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for the last 7 weeks. after that.... well, i still don't see how i could afford some new airmaxes
laugh.gif

Jake - Sorry, I totally forgot you upgraded before everyone

daaz - good luck with getting that career started. I've tried to staying away from shoes forums, even at times that I had no interest in kicks what so everbut it never worked out for me. So good luck with that as well.

I guess we'll see you when the 1's hit ID

Here's something to get your mind going (Props to wideangle from that other forum for the pictures) Shots of the actual materials from Nike London
"The "suede" seems similar to the fake suede on the OG ID's. The "relective" isnt 3m but a kinda reflectivesynthetic. Mesh is 2 tones of grey, black white and light blue"
swatch.jpg

Originally Posted by brickSB

FAM!

tak: those are beautiful, excellent job bud!
smokin.gif

not a MAX but this has me excited for all the possibilities...the 7D was just out of my range, plus I need it for my trip next weekend
also scored some new glass for it
3993804343_d0e24e14c5_o.jpg

3994565268_d545a39e54_o.jpg

..............Greg, nice man, I'm looking into gettin some new glass for my T1i now, a UWA, maybe a Tokina, in the future, a Full-Frame.

..............My T1i and Tamron 28-75, gooood combo, I'm getting more out of my Tammy with my T1i than my Xti, my only example as of now:

Cris.

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

El Bro, If the original mesh 1s are DS $200 is probably about right. If near DS i'd be paying $130ish. Offer him $150 and see how you go, he may sell them to you.

Not sure what to wear tonight yet, beaters tomorrow, getting some ink on my leg.

Thank you Sir. I will do that. So hard finding older pairs in a 9.5.
grin.gif

I still cant get over Chris' ID's. Thanks for the idea. I dont know why I didnt think about just painting the inner lining white. That is the mainreason why I only own 03 Infrared 90's. Time to start hunting and experimenting.
happy.gif

^ The HD is clear, well, just from play-back on the Cam and my Comp.....I shot video's with my fisheye and my 28-75, and with the 28-75, it's like howthe pics look........

Cris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom