Team Marvel check in ... We Are Accepting Applications!

im bout to read the house of M complete series
House Of M Release/Reading Order

Prelude
-------
Excalibur #11

Excalibur #12

Excalibur #13

Excalibur #14

June
-----
House of M Sketchbook

House of M #01

House of M #02

Spider-Man #01

July
----
House of M #03

Iron Man #01

Fantastic Four #01

Incredible Hulk #83

Uncanny X-Men #462

Mutopia X #01

House of M #04

Spider-Man #02

Cable/Deadpool #17

Incredible Hulk #84

House of M - Secrets of

New X-Men #16

The Pulse HOM Special

The Pulse #10

August
------
Fantastic Four #02

Iron Man #02

Uncanny X-Men #463

House of M #05

Incredible Hulk #85

New Thunderbolts #11

Mutopia X #02

Spider-Man #03

Black Panther #07

New X-Men #17

Captain America #10

House Of M #06

September
---------
Exiles #69

Fantastic Four #03

Incredible Hulk #86

Iron Man #03

Uncanny X-Men #464

Mutopia X #03

Exiles #70

Spider-Man #04

House of M #07

New X-Men # 18

Wolverine #33

October
-------
Uncanny X-Men #465

Wolverine #34

Mutopia X #4

Exiles #71

Wolverine #35

New X-Men #19

November
--------
House of M #8

Spider-Man: House of M #5

Wait, so no one has Scorpion? ...I'll be happy to take that
laugh.gif

I'm so glad i got some of you guys into Comics, either for the 1st time or to catch up
I wrote this on a different forum post regarding just that to Joe Quesada. Of just how hard it is for many people of today to catch up or simplyget into comics. Its pretty tough. This is just an excerpt, so you can imagine how long the whole read was.
laugh.gif

...I think the comic market is too limited to just comic shops....and I hate that. I see some random comics at the little Waldens (I think thats the name) book stores in the malls and at my Stop & Shop market and they're like from 5 months ago cause they've been hidden in a corner somewhere. Its sad. They should definitely be near the cashier (Instead of National Inquirer a row of 1 shots I think would sell the hell out. Think of how many people (and kids!!) would look up and go "Oh crap...Spidey comic?! I want"...

I have many, many friends and co-workers interested into getting back into comics that ask me stuff like "Whats going on with (lets just say) Gambit lately?" And I say "Well he just had his own X-Men Origins one shot (They have no idea what 1 shot means btw until I explain and even then I think they forget) and he's in both Uncanny X-Men and X-Men Forever Series'...You should pick them up at your comic shop...they're really good.

I had a friend that wanted to start getting into the Dark Reign stuff cause I lent him some books in around April I think. FYI, This kid was a genius in HS. But for the love of god, he could not connect what was what in the comic shop. I let him wander around just to see what he would do, what he would pick up (and mind you this was a guy who had a $50 bill to spend on comics that day) He picked up Dark Avengers #4 I think. Wandered for about 15 minutes Picked up a Dark Reign Ironman...a Dark Reign Thunderbolts. And that was it...I didnt wanna help him with his purchases until a few days later because I wanted to hear him ask me for help with it (He hates asking for help...genius people do, btw) and if it wasn't for me doing the usual stuff when you start out in comics (Talking to your comic shop owner and making a pull list with him, giving him his email/cell for upcoming stuff newsletter, ordering the back isssues so he wouldnt be lost) He would of quit buying comics in the same week he WANTED to start.

I just know theres tons of people that want to get back into the Marvel stuff Joe, but they DO NOT KNOW WHERE OR HOW TO START...

This guy spoke some truth too...
When I was growing up, comics were everywhere. They had spinracks at every grocery store, every convenience store, every drug store, even some gas stations. They were cheap enough for kids to buy, so most kids bought 'em, including at least 90% of all boys. Kids would loan them to each other or trade them, so you could easily end up reading a lot more comics than you originally paid for. It was during the '80s when spinracks vanished and comics retreated to specialty stores and some book stores.

So DC and Marvel lost the whole kids market, which was huge. They have tried to compensate by pressuring the remaining fans to buy heavily. That's why we keep getting these big, complicated crossover events. The current distribution system sucks, so now the comics are sucking, too.
IDK if any of you remember but it was like over a month ago that I , myself, could not for the love of god figure out on my own which was the mainor best current X-Men book! Me! I've been buying comics my whole life but I gave the book up about 2002 when it was just everywhere and gave up on it. Thenwhen I wanted to get back....There was like 4 Wolverine books, 4 X-men school of gifted books, like 3 Different X-forces, 3 main plot X-Men books crazy. So ifit confused me. How the hell do they expect regular people to get into them?

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

Originally Posted by gentry187

Aunt May should get her own marvel movie. That would be
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

are you a guy as well?
roll.gif

What's wrong with an aunt may movie? It should be based on her daily life. Think of the millions it would generate!
pimp.gif
and yes I'm a man. I'vebeen one for the past 48 years... I think.

These are all the X related books out now or ones that are sitting on the shelves lately BTW...

Uncanny X-Men (This is the main one btw)
X-Men Legacy (The secondary one)
Astonishing X-Men
Dark X-Men (Coming soon)
Dark X-Men/Dark Avengers Utopia
X-Men Forever
X-Factor
X-Force
X-Men First Class
Young X-Men
Ultimate X-Men
Cable
Wolverine (Called Dark Wolverine right now)
Wolverine Origins
Wolverine: First Class
Wolverine Noir
Old Man Logan
New Mutants
Genext

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

I'm so glad i got some of you guys into Comics, either for the 1st time or to catch up
I wrote this on a different forum post regarding just that to Joe Quesada. Of just how hard it is for many people of today to catch up or simply get into comics. Its pretty tough. This is just an excerpt, so you can imagine how long the whole read was.
laugh.gif

...I think the comic market is too limited to just comic shops....and I hate that. I see some random comics at the little Waldens (I think thats the name) book stores in the malls and at my Stop & Shop market and they're like from 5 months ago cause they've been hidden in a corner somewhere. Its sad. They should definitely be near the cashier (Instead of National Inquirer a row of 1 shots I think would sell the hell out. Think of how many people (and kids!!) would look up and go "Oh crap...Spidey comic?! I want"...

I have many, many friends and co-workers interested into getting back into comics that ask me stuff like "Whats going on with (lets just say) Gambit lately?" And I say "Well he just had his own X-Men Origins one shot (They have no idea what 1 shot means btw until I explain and even then I think they forget) and he's in both Uncanny X-Men and X-Men Forever Series'...You should pick them up at your comic shop...they're really good.

I had a friend that wanted to start getting into the Dark Reign stuff cause I lent him some books in around April I think. FYI, This kid was a genius in HS. But for the love of god, he could not connect what was what in the comic shop. I let him wander around just to see what he would do, what he would pick up (and mind you this was a guy who had a $50 bill to spend on comics that day) He picked up Dark Avengers #4 I think. Wandered for about 15 minutes Picked up a Dark Reign Ironman...a Dark Reign Thunderbolts. And that was it...I didnt wanna help him with his purchases until a few days later because I wanted to hear him ask me for help with it (He hates asking for help...genius people do, btw) and if it wasn't for me doing the usual stuff when you start out in comics (Talking to your comic shop owner and making a pull list with him, giving him his email/cell for upcoming stuff newsletter, ordering the back isssues so he wouldnt be lost) He would of quit buying comics in the same week he WANTED to start.

I just know theres tons of people that want to get back into the Marvel stuff Joe, but they DO NOT KNOW WHERE OR HOW TO START...

This guy spoke some truth too...
When I was growing up, comics were everywhere. They had spinracks at every grocery store, every convenience store, every drug store, even some gas stations. They were cheap enough for kids to buy, so most kids bought 'em, including at least 90% of all boys. Kids would loan them to each other or trade them, so you could easily end up reading a lot more comics than you originally paid for. It was during the '80s when spinracks vanished and comics retreated to specialty stores and some book stores.

So DC and Marvel lost the whole kids market, which was huge. They have tried to compensate by pressuring the remaining fans to buy heavily. That's why we keep getting these big, complicated crossover events. The current distribution system sucks, so now the comics are sucking, too.
IDK if any of you remember but it was like over a month ago that I , myself, could not for the love of god figure out on my own which was the main or best current X-Men book! Me! I've been buying comics my whole life but I gave the book up about 2002 when it was just everywhere and gave up on it. Then when I wanted to get back....There was like 4 Wolverine books, 4 X-men school of gifted books, like 3 Different X-forces, 3 main plot X-Men books crazy. So if it confused me. How the hell do they expect regular people to get into them?

Truth man. That's why when it comes to X-men, I just stick with the origin titles. I just got back into comics again in 2005. Basically what Idid was stick to my top 10 characters. Deadpool, Cable, Wolverine, War Machine, Iron Man, X-force, etc. But then new series were starting and i would researchthem and if i liked them, i'd start up on them.

So basically a good plan for those of you who wanna start up again or for the 1st time, just pick your fav. characters and go from there.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

These are all the X related books out now or ones that are sitting on the shelves lately BTW...

Uncanny X-Men (This is the main one btw)
X-Men Legacy (The secondary one)
Astonishing X-Men
Dark X-Men (Coming soon)
Dark X-Men/Dark Avengers Utopia
X-Men Forever
X-Factor
X-Force
X-Men First Class
Young X-Men
Ultimate X-Men
Cable
Wolverine (Called Dark Wolverine right now)
Wolverine Origins
Wolverine: First Class
Wolverine Noir
Old Man Logan
New Mutants
Genext

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Old Man logan is basically done except the conclusion which is 64 pages is coming in august or sept.
Dark X-men is already out

Only ones i mess with are Cable, X force, Wolverine Origins , Dark Xmen, OML, Wolverine Noir

decided to take a look in the attic
smh.gif
...no way in helli'm making it back there. Here's what I found in my room....not much. don't mind the dirty *#% couch.

old school toybiz F T W

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

are you a guy as well?
roll.gif

What's wrong with an aunt may movie? It should be based on her daily life. Think of the millions it would generate!
pimp.gif
and yes I'm a man. I've been one for the past 48 years... I think.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

smh.gif
...no way in hell i'm making it back there. Here's what I found in my room....not much. don't mind the dirty *#% couch.

old school toybiz F T W
Any cards in that marvel masterpieces tin? selling the cards?
nerd.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

smh.gif
...no way in hell i'm making it back there. Here's what I found in my room....not much. don't mind the dirty *#% couch.
nerd.gif
wink.gif
this tin's empty....put the set in a book (it's in the attic) and have a second one i didn't open which is also in the attic.

Originally Posted by marlsj

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

are you a guy as well?
roll.gif

pimp.gif
and yes I'm a man. I've been one for the past 48 years... I think.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

a movie about aunt may cooking and doing dishes and uncle ben smashing. I'd pay to see that.

smh.gif

old school toybiz F T W
damn i had that exact wolverine figure when i was younger. makes me wish i kept it around.

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

smh.gif
nerd.gif
wink.gif
this tin's empty....put the set in a book (it's in the attic) and have a second one i didn't open which is also in the attic.
pmed sir
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hlf man hlf amzng

smh.gif

old school toybiz F T W
damn i had that exact wolverine figure when i was younger. makes me wish i kept it around.
1st sorry

smh.gif

old school toybiz F T W
had that figure along with the cycle.

smh.gif

old school toybiz F T W
what the hell triple post? sorry

smh.gif

old school toybiz F T W
had that figure along with the cycle.

Originally Posted by cycopth

smh.gif

old school toybiz F T W
2nd sorry

my computer is not my friend tonight
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom