Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one of my favourite Priest songs right there Rob

walking through campus while listening to the album made me feel that I had a legion of demigods at my command

gotta love greek and roman mythology

^I dig that bikini lol.

Thanks for putting me on to that Fleshgod boys.

I have new music to drive to while I make the trek to Alabama this weekend... I dread this drive. But I can't wait for the music. After listening to a lot of hip hop and some throwbacks from highschool, I look forward to some new Metal.

Is that Vampy Rob? I remember her metal music Monday video where she's recommended people to listen to Reign In Blood which is like basic entry fee for metal lol
Wood marry still.

On a CC binge so here are the censored and uncensored versions of their artwork over the years and play this while strolling down
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]
1_cannibal_c_eaten.jpg

[/td][/tr][tr][td]
1_cannibal_c_eaten_cen.jpg

You can’t walk past an album cover like that and even the title itself is pure gold.[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Butchered at Birth: 1991
2_cannibal_c_butchered.jpg

[/td][/tr][tr][td]
2_cannibal_c_butchered_cen.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Tomb of the Mutilated: 1992
3_cannibal_c_tomb.jpg

[/td][/tr][tr][td]
3_cannibal_c_tomb_cen.jpg

Cannibal Corpse’s first alternate cover to feature artwork. Also the introduction of the Parental Advisory label standard.[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Hammer Smashed Face: 1993
4_cannibal_c_hammer.jpg

[/td][/tr][tr][td]
4_cannibal_c_hammer_cen.jpg

This was just an EP but the band was featured in Ace Ventured Pet Detective playing this very song. It’s also probably the worst of all the covers and it’s hard to decide which one is worse. Again kudos for the great song titles.[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]The Bleeding: 1994
5_cannibal_corpse_bleeding.jpg

[/td][/tr][tr][td]
5_cannibal_corpse_bleed_cen.jpg

The most conceptual cover and it’s an censored one. Its a very tight crop of the man’s bleeding chest.[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Vile: 1996
6_cannibal_c_vile.jpg

It seems maggots don’t like to eat the penis.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
6_cannibal_c_vile_cenus.jpg

Nice and simple crop, some head and chest surgery and you have your alternate/censored cover. Cannibal Corpse also dropped their old logo for a slightly more refined version.[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Gallery of Suicide: 1998
7_cannibal_c_gallery.jpg

[/td][/tr][tr][td]
7_cannibal_c_gallery_cen.jpg

I actually prefer this censored cover but it doesn’t fit with the title of the album.[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Bloodthirst: 1999
8_cannibal_c_blood.jpg

[/td][/tr][tr][td]
8_cannibal_c_blood_cen.jpg

This is probably the most gory alternate/censored cover produced for CC.[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Live Cannibalism: 2000
9_cannibal_c_live.jpg

[/td][/tr][tr][td]
9_cannibal_c_live_cen.jpg

Another cropping effort.[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Gore Obsessed: 2002
10_cannibal_c_gore.jpg

[/td][/tr][tr][td]
10_cannibal_c_gore_cen.jpg

As a piece of art I feel the censored version is stronger. I guess CC don’t really wan to reply on their fans imagination for the covers.[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Worm Infested: 2003
11_cannibal_c_worm.jpg

This is the only cover I haven’t found a censored or alternate cover for. It may be that it was only released as a limited edition EP for sale only online.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]The Wretched Spawn: 2004
12_cannibal_c_wretched.jpg

This was the cover featured in Metal: A Headbangers Journey. They definitely upped the ante with this one.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
12_cannibal_c_wretch_cen.jpg

Another copped alternate cover. I wonder if the artist himself suggest’s this or the band do this to save time and money.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Kill: 2006
13_cannibal_c_kill_real.jpg

This is the latest cover and no it’s not a censored or alternate cover. It’s the actual one. The artwork below was on the inside. Has Cannibal Corpse succumb to the pressures of censors or did they think this awful piece of typography would cut the mustard? Even more confusing is this artwork inside would be suitable for display everywhere and is probably the nicest piece for CC to date.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
13_cannibal_c_kill.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom