TEAM PENNY is LIVE!!! - We made it to 100

let me get this in before Ucasta sets this thread on fire
roll.gif

posting my stuff as an official app.

Justin....NYC.....

i've been a fan of mr. hardaway since his rookie year....and to this day i still think he deserved rookie of the year
eyes.gif
. anyways, dude was immediately one of my favorite players, at the time i wasonly following jordan and mourning, but when penny came in the league and was paired up with shaq....it was destiny i thought cause if shaq was like a wreckingball then penny was the crane operator.......them two dudes even did that movie "blue chips" together which is one of my favorite all time flicks. atthe time i could only see him getting better with the 96 olympics and all star game appearances.

i remember actually being able to go to madison square garden for the all star game in 98 cause my friends mom got a bunch of us some cheap tickets, that wasmy first live basketball event ever even if it was in the crappy seats......everyone was so hyped about kobe and jordan, but the highlight of my time in thatbuilding was of course getting to see both jordan and penny. i was looking forward to a dunk contest cause i swore penny would be in it, only to find out therewas no competition that year......and now i know even if there would have been...penny would not have been included
frown.gif

anyway, my first pair of penny shoes were the air ups, i searched all over brooklyn back then for the black and blue pair, ended up with the black pair stillvery happy.

this is what i have left, i've owned a few different penny's over the years usually beating them down to the ground like all my other kicks from wayback when. more recently i gave away my og 2's last year and sold some of the 1's i had......will be getting them back soon though as well as more
grin.gif

Mayhemgatz: Nice collection there,
corwinator just off those pics you put of the penny II and the Half Cents you get my vote! Your pic makes me want the Atlantics even MORE!!!
I'll post my welcoming story and what not when I find some more of the Penny stuff I'm looking for..

Today to breakfast with my daughter and my mom:

Jared,
you Can Add

v1nsanity3-Vince- Cali
lol

thanks guys, looking at the pic now........it got me doubting if i should part with my 2nd pair of 1/2's lol

edit - some pics from my photobucket for this page

Alright...
My Name is Chris. I Live in Minnesota. I was born in Manhattan NY and was raised in Queens NY for 13 years. then i moved. To MN obviously lol
k well im not gonna front at all. I wasnt really a big Basketball fan wen i was growing up. And also didnt have much knowledge of shoes either. During thatwhole time period i was still into pkemon cards and Power Rangers and stuff like that lol.. oh and GI Joes lol But i was knowledgeable of some NBA stars.Reason being i had a cousin who lived in LI and all he did all day was play basketball and had countless amounts of Basketball jerseys. I always looked throughhis cloest and remembered seeing a Magic Jersey With the Number 1 on it
smile.gif
I asked him who he was and he explained to me who was the man that wore the jerseyand all that! i also learned about other players such as Alanzo Mourning and Tim hardaway (Who i loved cuz in NBA Shootaround for Playstation cause he couldhit threes all day)! lol But anyways i dont really have much memories of Penny; like theres some games here and there in whiched i watched him play in and somegames against the bulls and all that! I Remember thinking how great #1 was for the Magic but i was a tad bit more attracted to MJ because of his Infamous MovieSpace Jam lol. O and Pennys commercial; I loved those! lol. Throughtout the years ive started noticeing Penny more since i was a NYKs fan and a Miami Heat fanas well and wen he joined those teams i started taking interest in him alot more! but anyways this year is the year i started to get into the "Sneakergame" if u will. and IMMEDIATLEY i became attracted to Penny's Signature line. Idk but i just was. I wanted to learn Even more about penny so iwatched alot of vids and read alot of stories about him! and Ive learned to love and appreciate penny, and his determiation to never give up! I love penny! andits sad to see/know that he was a Legend that never came to be
frown.gif

Now on to the kicks..here is my Penny Collection after only 6-7months in the game. I feel alot of pressure since i guess im the Team Penny founder orco-founder but w/e lol Just bare with me lol.. o and ill take group pix someother time! and i still need some 4s
eyes.gif
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

^^^dope stuff.............that last pic may have just changed my mind on selling my 2nd half cents
embarassed.gif

i don't know if team penny is more focused about the kicks, but from what i've seen throughout this whole thread since the beginning is just admirationfor the player, his career, obviously the shoes, the marketing campaigns, the apparel, etc....

there's just so much behind penny hardaway in all areas that it just can't be about shoes alone IMO

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ this from the Team Penny Forum: Team Penny: "Cause Jordans went off the deep end."

Can i be down
Stan, Charleston SC, Penny is my favorite basketball player of all time. I try to cop all his shoes but i cant and try the best i can.

Nice stuff Chris. Looking at all your pics makes me want to come home and take all mine out.

Stan -"I try to cop all his shoes but i cant and try the best i can." I know how you feel...come on in.

^
Check the outlets...
I saw some people get em at the outlets for 9.99 I believe, or was it 19.99...
either way
cheaper then retail was

wats good can i get down
los from harlem nyc been a penny head since i can remember watching ball. always been my favorite player 6'7 running the point pure beast
here a few things i got i really need to take some new pics when i got time
eec166462f9ed714471592608f6dac17754d384e.jpg

this thread makes me giggle.

I'm selling Authentic sewn Champion magic penny jerseys, sz 48 away and home btw, please dont ask for the White jersey........

dope

Back
Top Bottom