TEAM PENNY is LIVE!!! - We made it to 100

only one i have, but i am looking forward to adding more penny's to my collection.

zjbd6e.jpg

25k07y9.jpg

I just passed on the Copper Foams during lunch. I didn't love them like I thought I would...they are almost brown. I couldn't bring myself to spend $200 on a color I kind of like. Am I crazy?

On a positive note HoH in Dallas still has Copper Foams...in at least a 9.5 or 10.5 since I didn't buy them. You Dallasites need to go pick them up before I regret not getting them.

Edit: I sat at my desk this afternoon and thought about how I haven't loved shoes when I first saw them then weeks or years later I loved him and paid $$$ for them.   So to be on the safe side I went and picked them up...I am already glad I did it.

***ATTENTION PENNY IV OWNERS!***

For those that own a pair, I need your help. I'm thinking of doing a custom project, and I need the Penny logo to complete its look. The most suitable Penny logo for the project would be from the IVs. I plan on extracting the logo from the tongue, and adhering it onto my customs. Since I don't own a pair, I need some feedback regarding how the logo adheres to the portion on the tongue (stitched/glued/etc) and an estimated level of difficulty to extract it. Thanks in advance Team Penny!

^^^ I will check in the morning and let you know if no one has answered by then.

New pick ups...

$40 at an odd free standing Foot Locker that is half regular store half outlet.

Finally, I got a pair of the Navy/White Penny IV.  Now I don't have to stare at Melonhead's pair...

And last today on Craigslist I type in Penny like I do every couple of days...for $12 total I got what seems like unworn jerseys of Larry Johnson (purple), Joe Jackson (Royal) and most importantly
the San Antonio All-Star Penny Hardaway jersey.  I can't wait to wear these to the pool this summer...

I have something in the works and will post it this weekend if not in a couple days...I am pretty pumped about it.

^^^ I wish I could get those shorts. They are nice.

Remember the Nike swingman shorts from 2004ish? Does anybody have the grey Magic pair? I tried to order them then and they were sold out. I would love to see pcitures of them...somebody has to own them in Team Penny.

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

I need some feedback regarding how the logo adheres to the portion on the tongue (stitched/glued/etc) and an estimated level of difficulty to extract it. Thanks in advance Team Penny!

There's a sort of 'lip' on the logo, and the upper is stitched around the top and bottom of the lip.

That's the OG anyway.

Don't have a pair of Retro IVs anymore.

Hmm... I'm presuming extacting wouldn't be too difficult then, right? Thanks for your response, Sir! Any other IV owners want to chime in?

Illy,

The OG and Retro are about them same as far as how it is attached. It kind of reminds me of rivets on jeans. If you tear off the velcro you might be able to see better. I think you are going to have to exacto or cut it out...

Also, you might try cutting the plastic logo on the tongue of the Penny II for what you are trying to do.

Post pics either way.

I have always wondered what the Penny IV would look like with no lace guard and your IVs are going to have a huge hole in them...why don't you just cut the guard off?  Are you going to try and attach the logo to the tongue or heel of your IDs?  I think it would look real good on the tongue...maybe I should try it with these.

They are kind of Penny inspired, I just went with grey instead of black or white.

Originally Posted by fattymagee14

I have always wondered what the Penny IV would look like with no lace guard and your IVs are going to have a huge hole in them...why don't you just cut the guard off?  Are you going to try and attach the logo to the tongue or heel of your IDs?  I think it would look real good on the tongue...maybe I should try it with these.

They are kind of Penny inspired, I just went with grey instead of black or white.
Thing is I don't own a pair yet, but I plan on purchasing a beat pair in kids' size, and donating the remainder of it (everything minus the lace guard). I want to adhere it to the heel, but flexibility of the logo may be an issue. Here's the pair of AM1iDs I currently own, which is the one I want to re-do for the logo. The inspiration is obvious lol

vqt8py.jpg

Clean AM1iD design btw, Matt! 

Man a favorite of mine are the Air Ups....would be so dope if they came out once again...the black/blue ones were the ones!!!

Are there anymore 1/2 Cent colorways scheduled to release?

When will the red and eggplant Penny III's hit stores?

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

I want to adhere it to the heel, but flexibility of the logo may be an issue. 

First off, those Atlantic IDs are nice. 

The logo is metal with a piece of metal on both sides of the bottom.  You could probably break them off but it might be easier to attach the logo to the tongue.

Abernja,

When my shorts are too small I give them to my wife so A) they will stay in the family and B) girls in NBA shorts are kind of cool. 

Back
Top Bottom