Team USA Mini-Camp Roster

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

t99i5c.jpg

pimp.gif
http://www.usabasketball.com/news/front_image/picture_front_1705.jpg

He looks like he really might have just caught Jason with a nice like Right to Left manuever
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by shaft

then what would you change?

quite a lot of things. i like boozer/dlee, but cmon. they do not deserve to be the center. wheres d12 at? wade, cp3, deron?
jkidd? dudes getting old. prince? redd? they're all getting old too...

Originally Posted by BangDak

quite a lot of things. i like boozer/dlee, but cmon. they do not deserve to be the center. wheres d12 at? wade, cp3, deron?

I thought that was his roster for a sec too, but he is saying replace the first player with the latter.

they really fighting for 2 spots
laugh.gif

KD and roy are a LOCK to make it

smith,green,love,lopez and Blake fighting for that bigmen spot

and everyone else going for the other spot

Originally Posted by Fecta23

Originally Posted by BangDak

I thought that was his roster for a sec too, but he is saying replace the first player with the latter.
Now I see why you were so salty about that roster...
tongue.gif
Iwould have slapped the hell out of myself for that...

It was only changes...I was sure someone would come in and say that Kobe will be better than the world even at 50 years old...

[h2]Durant singled out for praise[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com
Archive

LAS VEGAS -- Pencil in Kevin Durant for a spot on the 2010 version of Team USA.

Better yet, put it in ink.

Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski singled out Durant and showered him with praise following the first day of a three-day mini-camp for a group of 20 young players trying to make the senior national team.

Durant was the most dominant player on the floor in the team's 12-minute scrimmage after the squad spent the bulk of Thursday's practice working on drills. Friday's practice was expected to be more focused on scrimmaging.

"Everyone who was watching from our group said you could tell that Durant was a little bit on a mission -- and that's good for them to see that, it picks everybody up," Krzyzewski said. "He's that versatility guy, and the other thing is he's a shooter, and with the way we were playing defense for most of the Olympics, with his length, he could be a heck of a defender.

[+] Enlarge
AP Photo/Isaac BrekkenKevin Durant's versatility and familiarity with Team USA's system make him a favorite to make the squad for 2010.

"So he's really at the head of the list for me," Krzyzewski said.

Durant was given serious consideration for the 12th and final roster spot on the Redeem Team that won the gold medal in Beijing, part of a threesome that also included Tayshaun Prince and Tyson Chandler.

Prince ended up getting the spot, and eventually moved ahead of Carlos Boozer in the rotation.

Durant, along with Andre Iguodala and Jeff Green, is now back for his third consecutive summer of practices with the so-called Select Team, and his familiarity and comfort level with the Team USA system were superior to that of anyone else on the court Thursday. Others who caught the coaches' eyes included Rudy Gay, Derrick Rose, Eric Gordon and JaVale McGee, and several team insiders said they were surprised how spry Greg Oden looked.

Team USA managing director Jerry Colangelo and the coaching staff are concentrating on three areas where they expect to have to fill out the roster -- a third point guard to play behind Deron Williams and Chris Paul; an extra big man with the combination of quickness, defensive intensity and shooting range to play inside or outside; and a Mr. Versatility who would have the ability to spell LeBron James at the power forward spot, Carmelo Anthony at small forward, and Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade at shooting guard.

Durant fits the bill for that third guy.

"The more versatile team you have, especially at 3 and 4, when they can do both that adds a lot because so many of the international players play away from the basket and are really perimeter players," Krzyzewski said. "And the big guys, we try to envision if we got all the guys back, who would complement the guys that we have.

"That's why I'm putting him at the head, because I know him the best, and then he comes out and he's terrific [in practice]. Plus his attitude and commitment, he's made a hell of a commitment each summer, three in a row."

Next summer will be No. 4 in a row, and from the sound of things, Durant can expect to have his passport stamped with a Turkish visa when Team USA heads overseas in 13 months to attempt to win the world championship for the first time since 1994.

Wow...I just read that article again and didn't realize that Javale McGee was even there.

Anyone have a vid of the Oden practice? Supposedly he was killin out there.

I'd like proof.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I'd like proof.
Probably somebody overhyping him. I don't think he was killin though. He probably just looked better like he didn't have no injuriesbothering him.

Others who caught the coaches' eyes included Rudy Gay,

I'm really impressed with Rudy so far this off-season. I've really been down on him due to his play last season, but I think this Team USA camp willdefinitely give him a boost. He's starting to remind me of the change Carmelo had once Billups came to Denver.

I saw him a while back in mid June and he definitely looked stronger, so I can expect him to attack the basket alot more often. I think he's going to bemore committed to playing defense this year too. If he can pull all of his talent together, he could be one of the most dangerous players in the league easily.I think he's starting to realize that, I'm hoping.

he looks strong out there. really confident. this camp can help out oden/blazer's a lot.
should have went last year or the year before when he was invited.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by CP1708

I'd like proof.
Here

He did look pretty good.

Imagine if that white team was an actual up and coming team with Harris, OJ, KD, Smith and Oden.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

[h2]Durant singled out for praise[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com
Archive

. Others who caught the coaches' eyes included Rudy Gay, Derrick Rose, Eric Gordon and JaVale McGee, and several team insiders said they were surprised how spry Greg Oden looked.

Team USA managing director Jerry Colangelo and the coaching staff are concentrating on three areas where they expect to have to fill out the roster -- a third point guard to play behind Deron Williams and Chris Paul; .

winnie-the-pooh.jpg

He looked more spry, that's for sure, but that's still not #1 dominate all yet like he was supposed to be. But at least he's out there and workingwith those guys, that should help him more then anything. Good for dude.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

He's looks *@!+*#+ huge out there...I still think he bulked up TOO much after Oh St.
"We know he has been working hard this summer," Pritchard said. "He's put in some work -- really good work -- with Coach (Bill) Bayno this summer. We want to see some improvement."

The 7-foot, 285-pound Oden averaged 8.9 points, seven rebounds and 1.13 blocked shots in 61 games last season. He proved he could be a force on the court, particularly on defense, during some games.
He needs to slim down to 260.

Maybe Oden bulked up, but dude looks like he put on some fat too. He needs to get that cardio in and slim down.

I'm going to get laughed at, but why isn't J.R. Smith there?

I think he showed up unannounced last summer and got invited to play
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I'm going to get laughed at, but why isn't J.R. Smith there?

I think he showed up unannounced last summer and got invited to play
laugh.gif

Uhhh...probably something to do with him just getting out of jail a couple days ago maybe?

Back
Top Bottom