++++++TEAM VINTAGE HEAT THREAD++++++

nice shoes have been posted!
those mowabs look extremely nice and still not that expensive when you find tyhem on ebay
and shorty...wearing og's as always

Originally Posted by Corporal Nobbs

Nike??? Help anyone?
ylp0408003or3.jpg

look likes a cheaper model of the sonics..def notb a major nike shoe
nice colorway nevertheless

nice pair!

Mmm....will do a collection post when its summer
smile.gif

also, stumbled on PDones ebay auction, selling these wonderfull triner I's from 1987
Paul, hope you dont mind posting these pics ( i know wally wont mind our trainer expert on the team
wink.gif
)
qrhdvn.jpg

14jndw1.jpg

28cho2g.jpg

6pu7hf.jpg

m8o26a.jpg

eheq2b.jpg

14kfamd.jpg

2qkpic4.jpg

^^^ no worries, as of now they are still with me
pimp.gif
, until a serious buyercomes along
tired.gif
. It's not everyday I you can find a pair like this!funny how people will pay $1000's for limited dunks and the like, but an OG rarity like this - which I think is harder to find in this condition than asuper hyperstrike limited air force 1 - people expect to pay between 50-200 bucks
eyes.gif
, not gonna happen! My new 08 ATI's will compliment these nicely!

^co-sign with both...
Paul, all the pairs you put on ebay are pure fire....
and its funny how people want to pay so much money for a pair of dunks or whatever crappy colorway on the jordans...

you can see that people still not apreciated where it all started (good for us, we can buy heat mad cheap)

Hey, I still appreciate the old Nike stuff. I'll post some more vintage stuff when I can (Can 1999 count as vintage?)

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Hey, I still appreciate the old Nike stuff. I'll post some more vintage stuff when I can (Can 1999 count as vintage?)

good question....of course knwing your collection, you are free to post...but somebody asked me to explain what is vintage...and have to say it caught me bysurprise...

the only answer i could come by is/was:

iconic/ representing an era/ a time frame that has passed/that isnt anymore

retro 99 of the jordans IV, or 94 Is arent vintage to me, because they already are reenacting an era that in 94 has passed...

what do you guys think?

hmmm... good question... 1997 Air Griffey Max II is as 'vintage' as I get... but I dunno if it entitles me to be a part of the team...

at the same time, I have 2002 and 2008 AT1's, which in spirit, might be considered to be 'vintage', but technically not... hmmm...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

hmmm... good question... 1997 Air Griffey Max II is as 'vintage' as I get... but I dunno if it entitles me to be a part of the team...

at the same time, I have 2002 and 2008 AT1's, which in spirit, might be considered to be 'vintage', but technically not... hmmm...

i don,t think you need an invitation anymore to join our small team
smile.gif

Originally Posted by kapepper

i don,t think you need an invitation anymore to join our small team
smile.gif

laugh.gif
Thanks... maybe if and when i pick up more 'vintage'stuff... don't wanna be a poser...
tongue.gif

Bringing this thread back to life.

Posted these on CT already but thought i'd share them on here;

Nike Air Trainer TWII OG 1988, i believe this makes it one of the first colourways ever released.

Their my size and totally wearable so stoked on these!

I only bought the retros cause i love the OG's so much but they're pretty good for retros.

Took some comparison shot for you guys too;

2421582374_10260d5da4_o.jpg

2420768179_6f5da26854_o.jpg

2421583252_aacf6b2a2b_o.jpg

2420769895_100b722f96_o.jpg

2421582826_2edb20fc04_o.jpg

2421583610_da8030e178_o.jpg

2420768589_304450fb17_o.jpg

2421581904_b39fb7f026_o.jpg

2421581026_0163d5daa6_o.jpg

2421583054_1eb2a1bd3d_o.jpg

Any extra info i don't have please don't hesitate to contribute.

I agree with the lack of respect for non jordan vintage kicks.....i had a hell of a time when trying to sell all my vintage stuff i posted in thepast...Griffey Max 1's, Air max st's, Pounds, Turbulences, prevails, command forces, nothing went as high as i thought it would....but if i tried tosell my tiff's i bet i could get $500....smh....^^^nice TW's

^ You still have those Grif Max 1's? I'll appreciate those!

Great TW's... but seeing those new ones irritate me... the TW is such a great shoe, but yet Nike had to thown on that SB, pat. leather, 3M nonsense inorder for them to be considered 'hot'... I guess in all fairness, if they had just retroed them in their OG colorways, the kids wouldn't even givethem a second look...
smh.gif

First off, those tw's you posted up there are awesome!

Second, what is vintage?

Im by no means an expert on the subject, because it goes far beyond sneakers, so i'll stick to the term vintage as we are speaking in terms of sneakersonly. The part about the item signifying or being "nostalgic" definitely sounds right, and is one part of what makes certain sneakers vintage.

I think since times are rapidly changing, it depends who the audience is. I for one just can't grasp a lot of the stuff posted from the late 90's asbeing vintage, but in it's own right, it is - depending what your age is. I'm sure if thats the stuff you saw as a kid, and now you have a differentperspective since you're grown, then yeah its vintage to you. For instance I as well as others here grew up mostly in the 80's, so that period is whatstands out to me, late 80's in particular and early 90's in particular, that era (to me) had some of the most original and best styles, sports icons,music, and kicks. My opinion - people will agree or disagree - as they should. As opposed to the 90's, the later in the decade the more some of that stufflost its luster to me, big time. Back to the early 80's and even 70's, I didnt go through it with my eyes wide open like that, or wasnt even born, sowhile I can appreciate it, it lacks nostalgia to me.

Another perfect example is retro jordans from 94 or even 99 being vintage, thats also debatable, I wouldnt know what to say, but again, personally I dont feelits vintage, number 1 b/c its from the late 90's, and 2 because they are a reproduction. A lot of gray area on that one, but im sure one day some retroswill be considered bonafied vintage sneakers.

All in all, if you take into consideration what year we are in, and how styles have changed the past decade, we'd probably have to take a look at the90's, and pick a cut off year at some point in there. anything post 2000, no way its vintage, again, my opinion. late 90's, I just dont think so, myopinion. I'd say anything pre 94 is vintage, thats a good 14 or 15 year period for something to completely age out of style. Again, my opinion. Great topicthough.

Originally Posted by ShortyC94

Thanks for the comments on the Ultra Force 3/4's. They are still wearable......I wore them to work and the Cavs/Nets game and no cracks!
happy.gif

wink.gif

i shot around and played h-o-r-s-e with the fellas earlier inthese.
2zxmplu.jpg

i have a few pairs of ultra forces and they're all wearable. actually, all my vintage is wearable... i'm no "collector," i wear everything!

keep your eyes open and it's not too hard to find a wearable pair of these.

A contribution of sorts:

1999 Air Max Plus

This was the OG of the French Blue colorway. There was a retro of these in 2005 but Nike changed too many things imo.

34525a6680cfc5ec8026367284fdbe6adb6a712.jpg

Both pairs I own:

6dd25d76d0c6654981467303f043250ee848f15.jpg

Back
Top Bottom