Tekashi 69 lookin at RICO

Rap thread be getting spammed with that trash *** NY drill. Not gone lie I do end up hate watching some of the vids. **** is so bad it’s comical :rofl:
My opinion of NYC drill was low and has only gotten lower the more I watch. I have already summarized my overall feelings on NYC drill in the NBA Thread...

If I wanted to hear people say simple lyrics about criminal activity, while they danced to the beat badly, I would just listen to Toosie Slide.

I'll stick to my tea and crumpets music, thank you.

Boring rapper better than anything that city has produced since 50? How you let someone influenced by your city do it better than everyone else homegrown from there?That’s tough.

Y’all can’t even claim Griselda that’s Buffalo. If you’re gunna go that far north you might as well jump cross the border and grab Drake.

Better hope Kay Flock beat his case if not we won’t be hearing anything from y’all for another 10 years.
Griselda’s entire existence is due to wu tang and others from nyc. Listen to their own words. Their sound doesn’t exist without nyc from the production to the bar structure. The first stop they made once they started performing was nyc.

All of griselda isn’t from upstate.

Nyc

And yeah, Cole is boring. Next.

I know its convenient to hate on ny but most of my boys when I stayed up there saw the light years ago. They fw thug, baby and future the same way the south used to fw jay, 50 and dipset. Times change, its cool to change with them. All regional haters sound wack, its cool to have a preference but leave it at that and don't make it about something else.

I’m from NY and I’ll sound bias but the downfall of hip hop can be blamed on the south easily. It all started with all these ring tone rappers. The Soulja Boy/D4L/Ying Yang Twins era had ALOT of forgettable songs next to their radio hits. NY has many TIMELESS records when compared to the south.

I been on southern hip hop since the 90s. That’s exactly why I said what I said before. ****** came from greatness and allowed the game to get like this.

Hypnotize minds, dungeon family, missy, Luda, Scarface, no limit, cash money etc to abc lil nae nae being high off pills, mumble singing and ****ting on those that came before them.

It’s not about regional preference it’s about understanding where the **** ****** came from and pushing the genre forward.

Throwing rocks and talking about aha we on top for 20 years but it’s a bunch of shirtless ****** with no women throwing sets they not really a part of while mumble singing to you and that’s supposed to be hot. That’s supposed to be better than what we created. ***** please.

Hip hop took an L with co-signing bull**** regardless of region but all that ****ting on nyc needs to stop. None of these ****** could get in a cypher let alone get a deal back then. None. And these the dudes some of you use to take shots at ny. Smhhhhhh.

I been on southern hip hop since the 90s. That’s exactly why I said what I said before. ****** came from greatness and allowed the game to get like this.

Hypnotize minds, dungeon family, missy, Luda, Scarface, no limit, cash money etc to abc lil nae nae being high off pills, mumble singing and ****ting on those that came before them.

It’s not about regional preference it’s about understanding where the **** ****** came from and pushing the genre forward.

Throwing rocks and talking about aha we on top for 20 years but it’s a bunch of shirtless ****** with no women throwing sets they not really a part of while mumble singing to you and that’s supposed to be hot. That’s supposed to be better than what we created. ***** please.

Hip hop took an L with co-signing bull**** regardless of region but all that ****ting on nyc needs to stop. None of these ****** could get in a cypher let alone get a deal back then. None. And these the dudes some of you use to take shots at ny. Smhhhhhh.
This is why nyc gets targeted. The entitlement elitism puts everyone on the defensive before you even speak a word. There’s Jay Electronicas, Lil Wayne’s, Little Brothers, Clipse etc.. all throughout. People need to understand the east coast black population broke north during slavery. Damn near every coastal southerner has a New York cousin and Vica Versa.

Half them lyrical dudes wasn’t saying ****.

NY rap

426214DC-E3E5-4475-8493-E1B4C9E50C1A.jpeg

This is why nyc gets targeted. The entitlement elitism puts everyone on the defensive before you even speak a word. There’s Jay Electronicas, Lil Wayne’s, Little Brothers, Clipse etc.. all throughout. People need to understand the east coast black population broke north during slavery. Damn near every coastal southerner has a New York cousin and Vica Versa.

Half them lyrical dudes wasn’t saying ****.
That’s bull****.
Jay electronica spent time in NYC and got his entire style from nyc. Facts. Clipse actually from nyc. Wayne heavily influenced by nyc. Facts. See that’s the problem. You ****** arguing against facts.

NYC gets so called targeted because of inferiority complexes from ppl from the middle of nowhere.

It’s not a sense of entitlement it’s facts. Hip hop been trash since you ****** co-signed ****** that can’t sing and that can’t rap sing rapping.

Son talking about NY wasn’t saying anything while these ****** with no bars, no bar structure, no originality, etc. copy off of each other. FOH.

It’s not about being defensive. It’s abojt the truth and the truth hurts but I will be vocal.

R and B is in shambles because nobody was vocal.
****** lost rock and roll because nobody was vocal.
Black ppl not at the forefront of **** we created because nobody was vocal. Jazz lost. RandB lost. Latin music lost. Rock lost. Hip hop gonna be next with this dumb **** coming out. Jay was right, we need a board. Content at an all time low.

The youth being robbed of greatness because when the status quo gets pointed out ppl like you defend it. Smhhh in disgust.

Griselda is from NY, everyone signed to griselda isn’t from upstate and regardless nobody in griselda exists without copying nyc. Their whole **** is our ****. Facts.

I give credit where it’s due. Why can’t the rest of you. First opportunity they got they ran to nyc to perform, for that stamp. Facts. NYC ****** co-signed and made **** official. I been pushing griselda since before most ppl on NT. Facts. They know what it is which is why they approached things the way they did. It meant something to perform where they performed and to be co-signed by nyc legends.

Despite building a buzz independently, Benny just signed to def jam and said he wants a rocafella chain. ****** know what it is.

If you **** with Griselda you **** with us.
Anybody denying Griselda’s whole **** is our **** is full of ****, lying to themselves and a hater.

The same goes for da cloth, estee nack, al.divino, etc.

Since no one can seem to let it go, even people who claim their region is hot right now, da NY era is undoubtedly great.

If you **** with Griselda you **** with us.
Anybody denying Griselda’s whole **** is our **** is full of ****, lying to themselves and a hater.

The same goes for da cloth, estee nack, al.divino, etc.
Yeah I hear you im just saying this is a different tune than what y'all used to sing

I was gonna say Mach Hommy is the best NY rapper right now but hes from NJ. Idk why i thought he was from BK.

Southern “...rap”
3364B150-B677-40EC-BA73-E2D8B19FDB94.png
E27775D9-C848-428E-AC74-C6C79E9CFA12.jpeg

Look at this goofy ****.
Na don’t scroll down look at that ****. That’s real life no gifs of al bundy. That’s yaowls ****. Namtalmbout.
Yuh shawty. Y’all ****.

Get all the way the f outta here
Nobody cares my boy nobody at all
let that early 2000 hurt go
y’all king tekashi was in Dallas getting his hair done by JoNathan
y’all king was trying to a bad *****

let’s not forget Mr Cee getting caught with trannies
if you want to go back a little further let’s not forget
Africa Bambata touching on lil boys

you are to damn old to still be balling up your fist in anger
about a culture you dont make any money from
you are a consumer like most folks and in this day and age you have control of what you consume

D4BDD9C7-446F-46BC-A10D-758B455E1A0E.jpeg
D1ABD62B-7C8E-484D-AD27-E3425778A49F.jpeg

They learned that from y’all
the Mecca remember

debso debso done had it :rofl:

I can’t believe *****s still posting that fake pic of thug. Like, you could pull a whole bunch others to prove your point :lol:

debso debso with a 2013 rant. This convo is so tired man. **** sad :smh:

NY rap aint been the same since Ye outsold 50. They cried when that happened.

Back
Top Bottom