Tenet - A Christoper Nolan Film

I will also say that I liked the score from Ludwig Göransson (who's birthday is today). The man is becoming one of my favorite movie composers today.

Seen it in Dolby earlier. Feel like I need to let it marinate before I can fully rate it. It is definitely a 8+/10 tho. I couldn't understand some of the dialogue but the action scenes made up for it. The sound was great. It had my chair shaking like crazy, so I recommend Dolby. My IMAX is extremely loud, so I usually avoid it.

Ludwig has been putting in work for a min now. Score is flames. Just watched it again. Movie makes a lot more sense this time. Was able to focus more on the dialogue and catch most of what I missed the first time. A lot more minute details and little dots that made more sense this time around.
The action sequences, the different locations, the cinematography are just marvelous.
Can't wait for the making of doc to be released.
Still didn't blow my mind like Inception but much better after a 2nd viewing.

TLDR: Gets even better the 2nd time.

Same boat here...was missing a lot of dialogue and was pissed I was missing out on exposition.

Definitely, definitely is a film that has a different element when seen on the big screen vs your living room TV (unless you got a hella slick surround sound system and 75”+ screen.

Seen it in Dolby earlier. Feel like I need to let it marinate before I can fully rate it. It is definitely a 8+/10 tho. I couldn't understand some of the dialogue but the action scenes made up for it. The sound was great. It had my chair shaking like crazy, so I recommend Dolby. My IMAX is extremely loud, so I usually avoid it.

Dolby is louder in mine, and man :lol:

I thought my Apple Watch was going to go off from how loud the gun shots were

Its a decent movie I enjoyed the film..I think I missed a few parts like what was the purpose of the suicide pills but I think I get it...also I felt they kind of just jumped right into the plot

F594639D-F18B-4254-882A-A1548D7986CD.png

Offer still available as of time of this post, via Atom Tickets app

I just watched it in a theater. Wow, what a movie. Nolan's finest imo.
Movie had me thinking hard non stop :lol:
I had no sound issues, heard everything clear.
Already one of my fav movies ever, so well done
I wish Denzer Jr. a huge career. Pattison was great
Totally worth risking catching the Rona bruhs

Last edited:

did you fully understand the movie concept or would you say you need another showing?

did you fully understand the movie concept or would you say you need another showing?

To me everything was understandable and logical except the ending. Of course watching it requires 100% attention of following the dialogue.
My brain was working the entire time.
Oh and its miles better than Inception which I rewatched about a month ago just in case anyone's wondering. And yes at the time it released back in 2010 I thought it was mindblowing.
It honestly cant hold a candle to Tenet

I mean, people tend to react to a new nolan film as mind-blowing. Might watch whenever NY theaters open.

Inception Jr., which I mean as a negative :lol: however I did like the movie. The first fight/last fight is the highlight of the film obviously. Understood the movie fairly well but Nolan always tries to leave things up to interpretation in such a sloppy way. Made complete sense in my mind halfway through that Pattinson would be the son but Nolan just lazily makes the connection as someone the protagonist will be friends with later. Eh...visuals were on point.

Tenet was tremendous. Supremely ambitious. My boy worked on the film told me the inversión chambers in the cave and ship were filmed at the abandoned mall in Hawthorne, CA. He also showed me some clips he recorded during that final Stalsk-12 scene. Nolan legit had the actors running backwards. Wild.

anyways I’m still scratching my head wondering if i saw the movie or still waiting to see it. It definitely worth a double watch. I dunno if it was the plot or what but the first part up unti the Michael Caine scene felt like i was dropped in the middle of a plot. Maybe my anxiety of being in the theater got to me. I was in a Dolby cinema amc theater and jeez the bullets had hella bass.

but overall aside from not hearing maybe 20% of the dialogue the movie was fantastic. It’s a must watch on the big screen.

I really hope Seattle area theaters open up sometime next month so I can watch this in either Imax or Dolby.

Back
Top Bottom