Tenet - A Christoper Nolan Film

I need a rewatch and subtitles. I missed some parts of dialogue due to accents, slurring of words or just noise around the scenes. Great spectacle but I'm not like hype like at the end of Infinity War or Endgame. My mind wasn't as blown as after Inception. Maybe it's because I'm familiar with Inception. IDK it feels like just a good movie.

On the subreddit apparently many people also had trouble hearing dialogue clearly so I guess it wasn't just me. Maybe I should have watched in IMAX.
I read somewhere that Christopher Nolan loves over doing the sound and noise in movies so much so that he really doesn't care if you the viewer can hear or understand the dialogue....you cant understand a word Bane says and he legit wanted to make it that way....dudes a weirdo

I remember watching Inception in theaters and when Ken Watanabe was recruiting Leo to perform an inception, I couldn't understand what the hell he was saying. Sounded like he was whispering and mumbling.

I also had to watch The Prestige with subtitles to be able to understand the dialogue, too.

Caught The Early Premier Today.

Enjoyed It A Lot But Can’t Wait To See With Subtitles Cuz The Dialogue Is Def The Bottom End Of The Mix.:lol:

Also Need To Clear Up A Few Parts In The Movie I Still Don’t Get

I read somewhere that Christopher Nolan loves over doing the sound and noise in movies so much so that he really doesn't care if you the viewer can hear or understand the dialogue....you cant understand a word Bane says and he legit wanted to make it that way....dudes a weirdo

I saw it in Dolby and was wondering about this

I saw the early showing tonight. There were no more than 10-15 in the IMAX theater, all spaced out. ⠀

Overall, I thought it was good, but the plot got confusing as hell at points.⠀

The action sequences were well done, but the audio mixing was iffy and I had trouble understanding what the actors were saying at times. ⠀

I was getting Bane vibes whenever someone wore a mask. ⠀

It did feel like I was watching Inception 2 at points, but it's definitely not a knockoff or anything. Inception was the better film of the two. ⠀

Rating of 15/21. I'll have to re-watch it again to understand it fully. ⠀

Don’t ask why I rate films on a scale of 21, I just do. :lol:

word i remember catching the dark knight rises prologue and that bane issue popped up. particularly after watching that, you totally notice the voice over more in the final cut.

on the other hand, i really don't have an issue with sound with nolan. i never had an issue hearing dialogue with interstellar, dark knight, bat begins...or inception really. can't recall prestige, memento, or insomnia.

no issues with dunkirk either other than slight motion sickness on my second viewing lol.

Liked it a lot it, even though I don't understand a lot of what I saw. At the end it sort of comes together and you notice stuff that happened prior.

I have A List, so I'll be seeing this again later in the week.

29C02D7B-D359-41C9-8233-6998E906A088.jpeg

Disappointed that they proceeded with the drop.

Hopefully we get a re-release next summer

Theaters aren't even open in NY yet so I won't be seeing this anytime soon unless a HD quality copy drops online.

movie theaters are open here in NJ on friday... my local theater aint put times up yet though... actually none have... might have to wait another week but i waited this long so minuswell wait more

Back
Top Bottom